Pages: 1 ... 2404 2405 2406 [2407] 2408 2409 2410 ... 3972   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8953005 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36090 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 12:34:38 »

Not forgetting the 82ers
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36091 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 13:31:44 »

The Blackpool fans are rather strange re Jerry Yates.

They seem to think that if they meet Rotherham’s valuation and they accept it, then it’s a done deal.

The fact that Rotherham can’t force him to join Blackpool if he doesn’t want to is just overlooked.

If he forces the issue about wanting to come back here then it will happen. If he just plain refuses to go anywhere but here, he’ll stay at Rotherham and be loaned out again.

Of course, that’s no good to Rotherham as he’d be OOC at the end of next season and they’ll get zero money for him.

It’s really in Jerry’s court.
Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #36092 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 20:02:40 »

Transfer window doesn’t open for 10 days. Jerry thing is going to drag on yet
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36093 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 07:43:47 »

he'd be mad not to see what Blackpool are offering though.
Walthams

Ignore
« Reply #36094 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 09:12:32 »

Looking at the club release list there are so many good players for no transfer fee. These are not rumours.
Marcus Maddison, good player released by Peterborough, Omar Bogle relesed by Cardiff he did play for Portsmouth at this level, I know they would probably demand a good salary, they are proven though.
Ben House has been released by Reading - even though he didn't score for Swindon when on loan, I thought he showed enough potential.
A young lad I've seen play released by Brentford is Reece Cole definitely worth a contract.

Finally Wilberforce Ocran released by Charlton, only for the reason I don't think we've ever had a 'Wilberforce' before.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36095 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 09:17:19 »

Finally Wilberforce Ocran released by Charlton, only for the reason I don't think we've ever had a 'Wilberforce' before.
Cheesy That alone demands a five-year deal.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #36096 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 09:20:37 »

There are literally thousands of decent players currently unemployed that could do a good job and possibly at least as good as Yates.

I support Power in not breaking the bank and stretching club finances thinly by paying a huge fee (for us) to Rotherham.

If Yates indeed does want to come to us as he has told a few people at the club then he himself can refuse any move and press for a loan back to us. If he wants to try his luck at Blackpool with a myriad of strikers/attacking options that they currently have then good luck to him and wish him well in every game except vs us next season.

With the season not due to start for probably another 7/8 weeks minimum then there is no rush to spend and any fan kneejerking because we havent' signed anyone needs to step back and look at the big picture and trust in Wellens/Jewell that we will be able to attract good players.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Walthams

Ignore
« Reply #36097 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 09:28:11 »

There are literally thousands of decent players currently unemployed that could do a good job and possibly at least as good as Yates.

I support Power in not breaking the bank and stretching club finances thinly by paying a huge fee (for us) to Rotherham.

If Yates indeed does want to come to us as he has told a few people at the club then he himself can refuse any move and press for a loan back to us. If he wants to try his luck at Blackpool with a myriad of strikers/attacking options that they currently have then good luck to him and wish him well in every game except vs us next season.

With the season not due to start for probably another 7/8 weeks minimum then there is no rush to spend and any fan kneejerking because we havent' signed anyone needs to step back and look at the big picture and trust in Wellens/Jewell that we will be able to attract good players.

Probably one of the reasons why I do not post very often on here if the 'kneejerking' comment was because of my post.
I am sure Wellens/Jewell study the realises daily.

With regards to Yates do you think he would sign for peanuts, plus a minimum £100,000 signing on fee.
I seem to be in the minority but I thought he was OK, but not worth throwing money at.
Flashheart

« Reply #36098 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 09:28:24 »

Having somebody like Jewell on board could be ideal with so many available players.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36099 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 09:33:42 »

Cheesy That alone demands a five-year deal.

Wilberforce isn't a popular figure with the left....
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36100 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 09:38:30 »

Probably one of the reasons why I do not post very often on here if the 'kneejerking' comment was because of my post.

With regards to Yates do you think he would sign for peanuts, plus a minimum £100,000 signing on fee.
I seem to be in the minority but I thought he was OK, but not worth throwing money at.
The kneejerking was most certainly not aimed at your post. I was talking about a lot of Town fans in general, especially on the FB pages.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #36101 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 09:39:04 »

I think PV was agreeing with you, his kneejerking comment was aimed at (some) other posters and (probably) social media

Edit: PV beat me to it and concurs Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36102 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 09:42:16 »

And I personally wouldn't thow a lot of money at Yates, hes a decent player but not the next great thing by any means.

He knew his role at the club under Wellens and played it well but at times his finishing was woeful, if he can improve his finishing then he could be worth some real money, until then £100k max up front with added incentive payments would be all I would llike to see us pay out to grab him.

Walthams

Ignore
« Reply #36103 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 09:43:51 »

I don't read the social media stuff, just excuse a silly old touchy oap.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36104 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 09:46:16 »

No I was basically agreeing with you that there is no need to spend money we can ill afford for a decent quality player when there are probably far more better quality players available for free.

Although I don't agree with Ben House, I thought he was a bit of a cart horse! Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 2404 2405 2406 [2407] 2408 2409 2410 ... 3972   Go Up
Print
Jump to: