Pages: 1 ... 2399 2400 2401 [2402] 2403 2404 2405 ... 3963   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8868105 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #36015 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 08:38:40 »

DJ would be stupid not to sign for Brentford if they're interested.

You really think he's gonna sit there and go, "But I can learn at Swindon!". He won't. He's talented and could easily break into Brentfords first team within months. He'll get paid more. He's closer to home. You can try and reason whatever way you want but hell even I'd sign for Brentford over Swindon!
This.

Consistency is probably 60-70% of what makes a top level player. Used to watch a fair bit of non-league at The Mighty Heed and then Lancaster City, you would see players in most games that were technically on a par with Premier League players but they could do it probably 1 time in say 20 passes/dribbles, its being able to do it 18 times in 20 that makes you a top player.
Absolutely, and add to that attitude as well.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36016 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 10:31:24 »

Consistency is probably 60-70% of what makes a top level player. Used to watch a fair bit of non-league at The Mighty Heed and then Lancaster City, you would see players in most games that were technically on a par with Premier League players but they could do it probably 1 time in say 20 passes/dribbles, its being able to do it 18 times in 20 that makes you a top player.
+ movement/speed of thought.

Most of the top passes in the premier league, any lower league players could make. But only if they spot it, and only if someone moves for them first.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #36017 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 10:52:13 »

DJ would be stupid not to sign for Brentford if they're interested.

You really think he's gonna sit there and go, "But I can learn at Swindon!". He won't. He's talented and could easily break into Brentfords first team within months. He'll get paid more. He's closer to home. You can try and reason whatever way you want but hell even I'd sign for Brentford over Swindon!

He’ll only break into their first team if they fail to go up and there team is sold off to Premier League teams.

DJs best career move would be going somewhere where he will play 35 games next season. Naturally, no one will give him this advise and he’ll be advised to accept the best wage.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #36018 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 11:33:26 »

Nixon on Yates:

Same as last week. Blackpool offer seems to be suitable at around 250. Swindon offering an instalments package. Still down to lad in the end.
Flashheart

« Reply #36019 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 11:37:36 »

250 quid? Not bad
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36020 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 12:07:03 »

If it’s down to Yates to choose, then wages will probably win. If we aren’t too far apart we may have a squeak.
Flashheart

« Reply #36021 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 12:15:20 »

I have it on good authority that he wants to come back here badly.

Do Blackpool have money now? Their attendances were not much higher than ours last season and we were in a league below them.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36022 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 12:18:10 »

If it’s down to Yates to choose, then wages will probably win. If we aren’t too far apart we may have a squeak.
There could be very many factors in his decision, no evidence he is solely motivated by wages. And a salary cap may well flatten much of the difference, if there is any. It may even be we're offering him better wages?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #36023 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 12:21:24 »

Do Blackpool have money now? Their attendances were not much higher than ours last season and we were in a league below them.

On face value their new owner seems to have cash, whether he is prepared to spend it appears a little less clear at the moment.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36024 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 12:23:45 »

He’s in Spain with the squad now, isn’t he? Chuck a few San Miguel’s down his neck, give him a pen and get his signature.

Blackpool aren’t going anywhere.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36025 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 12:26:28 »

He’s in Spain with the squad now, isn’t he? Chuck a few San Miguel’s down his neck, give him a pen and get his signature.
Sign this man up as a Recruitment Executive!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36026 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 12:34:16 »

Yates has spoke openly about loving his time at Swindon and he said he enjoys working with Wellens, his mum also has spoke about him loving it with us and that we play him in the right position to get the best from him.

If it came down to a few quid difference I am 100% certain he would choose us over Blackpool.

He is likely to relocate no matter who he signs for if the rumoured 3 year deal is on offer.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #36027 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 12:35:07 »

He’ll only break into their first team if they fail to go up and there team is sold off to Premier League teams.

DJs best career move would be going somewhere where he will play 35 games next season. Naturally, no one will give him this advise and he’ll be advised to accept the best wage.

That depends on what the individual see's as "their career" though.  If he's not that fussed by the sport itself, he may well be thinking about maximising his chances of cash through to retirement and a top Championship/Lower Prem team can and will pay the sort of wages that set you up for life.  Wasn't it Lee Hendrie who had his salary splashed across the press after Villa got relegated a few years back.  He was on 5 figures a week.  In the 3 year period of that one contract the player will earn close to a million - some may not give much thought to the next contract when that is on the table.  Don't forget, there have been plenty of footballers who don;t really like the sport, certainly since money in the top echelons became so tempting.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #36028 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 12:35:29 »

his mum also has spoke about him loving it with us and that we play him in the right position to get the best from him.

On the wing?Huh?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36029 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 12:44:29 »

On the wing?Huh?
Wide striker, Yates is by no means a winger, he drifts into wide positions but hes most definately a 2nd striker. Rotherham used to play him as an out and out wide man or as a midfielder.

Pages: 1 ... 2399 2400 2401 [2402] 2403 2404 2405 ... 3963   Go Up
Print
Jump to: