Pages: 1 ... 2370 2371 2372 [2373] 2374 2375 2376 ... 3964   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8868809 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #35580 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 13:06:31 »

Ultimately as good as he was at times this season he was absent when our form really picked up after the Plymouth game and he didn’t play in any of our big wins like against Plymouth, Exeter & Crewe. He was useful but not a key player for us.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #35581 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 13:08:10 »

Blackpool were in the premiership ten years ago. Not sure why you’d sniff at the ‘bigger’ club comment - i bet in the eyes of most impartial people they would be

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #35582 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 13:10:38 »

Ultimately as good as he was at times this season he was absent when our form really picked up after the Plymouth game and he didn’t play in any of our big wins like against Plymouth, Exeter & Crewe. He was useful but not a key player for us.
Yep, exactly. If you can keep him fit he could do ok but L1 is the highest he can play wth his final ball being as poor as it currently is.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #35583 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 13:12:49 »

On their forums their fans are massively unimpressed, not good enough and too similar to Kaikai and Delfouneso apparently.

Anderson saying he is "delighted to be joining a Club the size of Blackpool". Yes massive step up from another team in the same division with almost exactly the same size crowds, nice one Keshi.

In fairness, they were in the PL not all that long ago and the potential is there to compete at a higher level than L1. Is it a huge step up from Swindon? No, but he didn't say it was. Sadler seems to be taking the club in the right direction since he took over and I imagine it's an attractive prospect right now.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #35584 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 13:15:06 »

Yep, exactly. If you can keep him fit he could do ok but L1 is the highest he can play wth his final ball being as poor as it currently is.
To be honest when you look at the matches he didn’t play in on paper then we actually were much better without him, he came back in against Ecotricity in our last game where we were in good form and well that wasn’t exactly a masterclass.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35585 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 13:26:30 »

Blackpool were in the premiership ten years ago. Not sure why you’d sniff at the ‘bigger’ club comment - i bet in the eyes of most impartial people they would be
Not having that. Maybe when Stanley Matthews was playing. Were we a ‘big club’ 10 years after playing in the PL? Were we bollocks.

Football is all about the here and now. They’ve taken a massive gamble on an untried manager. Be disappointed not to finish above them.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #35586 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 13:27:19 »

I think Anderson would do well if he is played through the middle and have a licence to not track back and have players around him willing to give him the ball early.

Overall I'm not that fussed he's leaving as at times he was a luxury player, although on his day he was unstoppable just sadly no often enough, I have a feeling he will be replaced with a player that is more consistent though.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35587 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 13:29:58 »

Maybe that’s why Wellens signed Palmer. We all thought it was odd at the time with us having a decent clutch of midfielders.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #35588 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 13:36:10 »

I have to say, with the greatest of respect to him, Anderson is one of the two players I'd be least bothered about losing. The other being Woolery.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35589 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 13:42:41 »

It’s all about who his replacement is.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #35590 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 13:46:29 »

The “bigger club” comment will always trigger some fans, it’s hardly unusual for a new signing to big up his new club so to speak.

It’s not exactly an outrageously inaccurate comment anyway, they have been more relevant than us during the last 20 years or so.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #35591 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 13:49:29 »

I have to say, with the greatest of respect to him, Anderson is one of the two players I'd be least bothered about losing. The other being Woolery.

Agreed.

Improved greatly this season but he will only be a good player in a good side.

We will be disappointed with some going and excited by a few coming in.

This one like Woolery if he goes, i shrug and look at the inbox.

Clems Army!
Panda Paws

« Reply #35592 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 13:49:49 »

It’s all about who his replacement is.

Seen a fair few different links to George Thomas from Leicester. Plays as a 10. Was one hell of a prospect out of Cov a few years back but big PL move and not much football followed.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #35593 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 13:51:23 »

Not having that. Maybe when Stanley Matthews was playing. Were we a ‘big club’ 10 years after playing in the PL? Were we bollocks.

Football is all about the here and now. They’ve taken a massive gamble on an untried manager. Be disappointed not to finish above them.
I agree.

Our average attendance has been bigger in all but 1 of the last 5 season, yes I know they have had their Oysten problems but a lot of our fans say they won't come back with Power in charge.

Our highest attendance of the season was nearly 2k more than theirs.

The capacity of their ground is just 1,500 more than the capacity of the CG, even though they have better facilities.

They have had 1 season in the Prem, we have had 1 season in the Prem.

I would say we have the same potential to be playing in a higher league.

As Audrey says this isn't 1953 this is 2020.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #35594 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 13:57:54 »

I agree.

Our average attendance has been bigger in all but 1 of the last 5 season, yes I know they have had their Oysten problems but a lot of our fans say they won't come back with Power in charge.

Our highest attendance of the season was nearly 2k more than theirs.

The capacity of their ground is just 1,500 more than the capacity of the CG, even though they have better facilities.

They have had 1 season in the Prem, we have had 1 season in the Prem.

I would say we have the same potential to be playing in a higher league.

As Audrey says this isn't 1953 this is 2020.

BUT! We dont have Donkeys do we? Well......now that Williams isnt running the squad.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 2370 2371 2372 [2373] 2374 2375 2376 ... 3964   Go Up
Print
Jump to: