Pages: 1 ... 2369 2370 2371 [2372] 2373 2374 2375 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8964224 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #35565 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:48:37 »

Why bother offering players poor contracts or any contract at all if you’re not bothered it he leaves?

Because they'd still make a decent squad player, if not a first teamer? We will need squad players as well.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #35566 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:50:15 »

There's likely to be some space in between a derisory/nominal offer and a perfect one the player would definitely sign though - I imagine we've made an offer which would make them somewhere in the middle of the two, to reflect that they're not the first names on the teamsheet but are useful players. It may well be that they can get more elsewhere and if so, good luck to them.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #35567 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:51:10 »

Wellens indicated last summer that Keshi was a high earner and although the maintained a professional relationship, the breakdown in 2019 might have done the damage?

He might be a 'paper chaser'.

He might be attracted to Critchley's brand of football.

He might consider Blackpool a step up.

It's fun to speculate  Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #35568 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:51:21 »

Why bother offering players poor contracts or any contract at all if you’re not bothered it he leaves?
Could it be that because of Brexit that we no longer have to abide by the Bosman ruling?

Pre Bosman if a player was out of contract but offered a new contract then the selling club would be due a fee set by a tribunal normally.

Maybe because we are no longer part of the EU we don't have to abide by those rules from now?

I don't know but maybe that could be the case?
« Last Edit: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:53:11 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #35569 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 10:02:34 »

Wellens indicated last summer that Keshi was a high earner and although the maintained a professional relationship, the breakdown in 2019 might have done the damage?

He might be a 'paper chaser'.

He might be attracted to Critchley's brand of football.

He might consider Blackpool a step up.

It's fun to speculate  Smiley

He might like rollercoasters and rock

I come from a land down-under
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #35570 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 10:02:59 »

Conversely (or perhaps not), thought it was greatly to the credit of both Keshi how he responded to that, stayed professional, worked hard to regain his place, and Wellens how he was prepared to recognise that and allow Keshi back into the fold. Not all managers are big enough to do that, nor all players.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35571 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 10:08:40 »

Not all managers are big enough to do that, nor all players.
Very much so, although Wellens is pretty good at freezing out players he doesn't want too (Toums, McGlashan, Robertson etc) he was big enough to see that Keshi would have his moments and would fit into our style, rightly Keshi took him up on that and did well.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35572 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 10:43:26 »

Conversely (or perhaps not), thought it was greatly to the credit of both Keshi how he responded to that, stayed professional, worked hard to regain his place, and Wellens how he was prepared to recognise that and allow Keshi back into the fold. Not all managers are big enough to do that, nor all players.

Much as he appears to have done with Broadbent.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #35573 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 11:14:56 »

Probably some clause about compensation. I know that the club get compo upto the age of 24, but I suspect there is some other complicated money matter too.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35574 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 12:54:28 »

Anderson confirmed by Blackpool
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35575 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 12:59:40 »

On their forums their fans are massively unimpressed, not good enough and too similar to Kaikai and Delfouneso apparently.

Anderson saying he is "delighted to be joining a Club the size of Blackpool". Yes massive step up from another team in the same division with almost exactly the same size crowds, nice one Keshi.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35576 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 13:00:28 »

Having beat off stiff competition....

Keshi Anderson said:

“I’m delighted to be joining a Club the size of Blackpool.

“The Head Coach was a big reason in why I moved here. I’ve spoken to a few of the lads that I’ve previously played with, such as Sullay Kaikai and Gary Madine, and they had nothing but good things to say about Neil’s approach to the game.

“This Club is definitely moving in the right direction and there are some big plans for the future. I’m really excited to see where we can go, and I can’t wait to get started.”
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #35577 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 13:01:05 »

There is a player in Anderson, somewhere.  He showed signs last season he has something, but he's so tough to include in a team, looks like he needs a lot of hard work from the coaching team and the injury issues last season were a bit worrying.  I wonder if his hamstrings are bit like Owen's turned into?  Given our recruitment last season, I'm more than happy to let Wellens get on with it.  He hasn't brought in many duds and hasn't shipped out anyone that we've missed.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35578 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 13:02:40 »

Maybe he’ll have a similar impact to Matt Preston leaving for Mansfield.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35579 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 13:04:28 »

Maybe he’ll have a similar impact to Matt Preston leaving for Mansfield.
You mean "free agent" Matt Preston Wink yep, but to be fair he never said Mansfield was a "massive club" when he left.

Pages: 1 ... 2369 2370 2371 [2372] 2373 2374 2375 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: