Pages: 1 ... 2357 2358 2359 [2360] 2361 2362 2363 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8940167 times)
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #35385 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 19:07:39 »

Salford after Doyle...allegedly then, no surprise there, closer to his home. Even if they say Bradford striker!

If the wage cap comes in before then there is no way they can afford him.

Shared on Facebook by someone no idea if its a new link.
Has it definitely been decided that Barrow go up? I wouldn't take too much notice of the Doyle thing, could be just speculation
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #35386 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 19:13:31 »

Has it definitely been decided that Barrow go up? I wouldn't take too much notice of the Doyle thing, could be just speculation

After all, the Adver suggested he was off to change nappies, clean up shit and vomit and help kids feed themselves running a crèche type thingy.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35387 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 19:51:57 »

we surely can't offer Doyle anything definite, Salford can.

hope the wage cap comes in and fucks them up
Panda Paws

« Reply #35388 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 20:14:49 »

we surely can't offer Dottie anything definite, Salford can.

hope the wage cap comes in and fucks them up

Why can they and we can't?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35389 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 20:27:57 »

mainly their multimillionaire backers Vs our total lack of revenue stream.

it's an assumption, granted. But I can't see how we can pen anyone on a contract right now without knowing we can pay it
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #35390 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 21:05:41 »

the transfer window is usually a huge buzz when the season ends. going to be a very strange feeling for the next couple of months- everyone in league 1 and 2 will be hoping for either a EPL bailout or a significant wage cap to incorporate no crowds or a vaccine!   
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #35391 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 21:05:52 »

mainly their multimillionaire backers Vs our total lack of revenue stream.

it's an assumption, granted. But I can't see how we can pen anyone on a contract right now without knowing we can pay it

Or which league we’ll be in.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35392 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 22:15:25 »

That too LL
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #35393 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 00:52:10 »

Surely that scenario (contracts of players) is pretty much the same for every single club? I mean that until every club knows when football is going to start up again, I doubt very many (if any) are going to start handing out contracts to players, when they don't know when they will play again. Especially so in L1 & L2 but it applies across all leagues. Clubs aren't likely to dip into new/unknown budgets, even if backers/investors have money to put in.

Simply put, why would they waste potentially up to a year of wages on a contract(s), possibly longer, slim chance of being less so (maybe)? I imagine it'll be a huge waiting game and limbo until clubs are absolute certain of not only their finances but the guarantee of a sport to actually be given the green light to play.

Right now, with football (and other sports/industries and so on) being in stagnation, the money largely is worthless. It needs motion. The saying 'money makes the world go round' evidently isn't true. It might help to keep some heads above water but if the productivity stops, so does the movement of money for it to be worth anything. It goes hand in hand. Otherwise it just becomes bits of "paper" that (especially in sports investment terms) we might as well feed into a shredder.

One club having all the funds per se, doesn't work. Even the "poor" clubs need to have some kind of cash flow (loaned, invested by a football agent or otherwise) in order to make the system perpetuate. Then again, nothing lasts forever. Maybe this is football's 'Hill of Megiddo'? It certainly seems the face of football, as we know it, will have certainly changed post-Covid; whether for better or worse is remained to be seen.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #35394 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 07:28:56 »

The whole session is worth a listen but 17 minutes in gives an insight into the position on new contracts:

StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #35395 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 07:36:22 »

The whole session is worth a listen but 17 minutes in gives an insight into the position on new contracts:

He speaks a lot of sense and I like his no-BS approach. Thanks for posting!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #35396 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 11:18:14 »

Di Canio on 14k a week and budget of £4.5m!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35397 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 12:33:36 »

Great video and thanks for sharing

So, give no fucks
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #35398 on: Saturday, June 20, 2020, 11:21:45 »

Jordan Turnbull linked with a return here on a free according to some random twitter page. Would like to see that one.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #35399 on: Saturday, June 20, 2020, 11:58:06 »

Jordan Turnbull linked with a return here on a free according to some random twitter page. Would like to see that one.
Thought he looked cumbersome in the play off vs Cheltenham, for the 50 mins I watched of it.

Didn't impress me at all in either game against us, I would rather we tried to resign REG from Huddersfield TBH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 2357 2358 2359 [2360] 2361 2362 2363 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: