Pages: 1 ... 2255 2256 2257 [2258] 2259 2260 2261 ... 3964   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8868621 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #33855 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 13:02:22 »

I'd bet we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves if we think it's Grigg or Doyle, let alone both as has earlier been posited.

Enquiring and talking is one thing, stumping up is another.

I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.
Done
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #33856 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 13:06:22 »

We must look a decent prospect to players at the moment top of the league and the Doyle situation has probably helped with him being top scorer here and in the league, players know they will get chances to score goals here and enhance the reputation and get a move.

I suspect Doyle is pissed at Bradford recalling him he made enough noises before the recall that he did not want to return to them, and leaving his twitter bio at swindon suggests he wants to be here not there.

Will it happen ? I can only see it at the end of the month if he has still not scored a goal for them as it then puts Bradford in a situation where they have a player on big wages, does not want to be there, is not scoring in their team do they get a bit of cash and reinvest quickly or run the risk of him disrupting them team even further.

But Wellens may not wait and may move on to other targets though....hopefully there is a deal to be done either now or in the summer and Doyle returns to the stfc fold, he knows he will score goals when he is here (and his wife seemed to be happy as well), and if he goes elsewhere he runs the risk of another Bradford......tick tock
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #33857 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 13:06:28 »

Quite a difficult technique that though in this case. Don't you think?

No. If you have Grigg lined up and are in negotiations or some dialog with Bradford over Doyle you don’t tell them you have Grigg in the bag you push them hard on a deal that’s acceptable to you over Doyle and tell them thy have 48 hours to agree what you have offered. If they say no or do not respond in 48 hours you sign Grigg. We need Grigg or Doyle now, there are as mentioned four games until the end of January that is a potential 12 points to gain or throw away. I’d rather have Grigg now than wait till the end of January to maybe land Doyle. After all if they think we have no one lined up they can keep us hanging on until it is to late to get anyone.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #33858 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 13:12:05 »

Bantams in for Pompey goalie according to Nixon.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #33859 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 13:12:57 »

i still dont know if i would want doyle signed in the summer for 2 years on big dollar. its a real shame this didnt happen a couple of years ago. and i know im talking about the record goalscorer in europe. its crazy

a 6 month grigg is perfect. ready for L1 recruitment
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #33860 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 13:14:24 »

I'd bet we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves if we think it's Grigg or Doyle, let alone both as has earlier been posited.

Enquiring and talking is one thing, stumping up is another.

I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

No smoke without fire, and wellens keeps fanning these flames in his interviews.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #33861 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 13:22:55 »

Oh and regarding the training ground being a long way away, that too could be a RH. I know they try to use Swindome but won’t pay the rental asked, they may have stumped up and gone there it is after all under cover and a long way from say beversbrook.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 13:37:14 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #33862 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 13:40:11 »

Not sure if I'm missing something here. But if pele really wanted to come back here couldn't he just hand in a transfer request? " I want to leave for swindon, please take their offer or I walk for nothing in the summer"   ...just a thought.

Flashheart

« Reply #33863 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 13:41:54 »

He'll be gone for nothing in the summer regardless.
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #33864 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 13:50:02 »

True so I'd have thought Bradford would rather make at least something back on him.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #33865 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 13:55:55 »

True so I'd have thought Bradford would rather make at least something back on him.

You’d have thought so. Though that have x has to be balanced v possible goals for them y
Flashheart

« Reply #33866 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 14:08:41 »

You'd think the plan would be for him to fire them to promotion, which would likely make more money than they would get by selling him.

Whether or not the plan works remains to be seen. He got no service on Saturday by all accounts, which comes as no surprise.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #33867 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 14:12:30 »

I would have thought that Doyle would want to wait until the summer regardless to sign a deal for next season as there will probably be a bidding war in terms of wages and signing on fee. So only way we would get Doyle IMO is loan or a 6 month deal in which case any money paid to Bradford would be a bit of a waste so no surprise we have walked away if they are asking a reasonable amount.

There’s also been reports that Bradford have an option on his contract for additional year in which case they’d be asking for a lot more than we’d expect as the danger of losing him for free in the summer is gone.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #33868 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 14:30:19 »

Also, don;t players take a financial hit if they ask for the Transfer vs. get told they are being sold.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #33869 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 14:32:26 »

Also, don;t players take a financial hit if they ask for the Transfer vs. get told they are being sold.

Yes as they are deemed to have breached the contract. If the club decides to sell him, and the player doesnt request to move, he is entitled to the remainder of the value of the contract as they club have breached it. Does that make sense?
Pages: 1 ... 2255 2256 2257 [2258] 2259 2260 2261 ... 3964   Go Up
Print
Jump to: