Pages: 1 ... 2254 2255 2256 [2257] 2258 2259 2260 ... 3965   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8870558 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #33840 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 12:21:23 »

So, are you saying that all this Grigg talk is to put the shits up Bradford into letting him go to us at a price we can afford and not leave them with an unsaleable asset?
No - Not necessarily. It might be that a deal for Doyle is not possible at this point. Therefore, the next best option is a loan for an experienced goalscorer. Inquiring about Grigg or McNulty or someone else would make sense.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #33841 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 12:22:07 »

Yeah we cant afford to wait, and possibly end up with fuck all at the end of the window.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #33842 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 12:22:33 »

I'd imagine we'd make a final offer for ED before pulling the trigger on Grigg, but we can't hang around. There are effectively 4 more games before the window closes. Grigg now is a better signing than ED on 23:59, 31/1, assuming they are both only on loan until the end of the season.

Can work both ways. Get Grigg lined up, then go to Bradford and say "Right, we want this sorted this week, we've got Grigg ready to go, if you want to sell Doyle you've got 48 hrs to come up with a realistic valuation or our interest is over". Option A, they fold and we get Doyle; Option B, we go for Grigg. Win-win
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33843 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 12:23:04 »

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #33844 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 12:32:14 »

Taking Doyle now costs.  He would have to forego his current wage for 6 months to join us on a permanent deal, as we are not likely to match his current wage.  Bradford will likely tell him he can stay so wont be offering to pay that off.  It probably makes more sense to Doyle to hang on for 6 months more before possibly joining on less or getting other offers.

In the meantime, Grigg is an ideal option instead, in fact, before Doyle's streak here you would pass up several Doyle's to get a Grigg.  We will create 2 or 3 chances a game minimum for whoever plays in the middle, Grigg should be nuclear by the end of the season if he comes to us.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #33845 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 12:37:03 »

Taking Doyle now costs.  He would have to forego his current wage for 6 months to join us on a permanent deal, as we are not likely to match his current wage.  Bradford will likely tell him he can stay so wont be offering to pay that off.  It probably makes more sense to Doyle to hang on for 6 months more before possibly joining on less or getting other offers.

In the meantime, Grigg is an ideal option instead, in fact, before Doyle's streak here you would pass up several Doyle's to get a Grigg.  We will create 2 or 3 chances a game minimum for whoever plays in the middle, Grigg should be nuclear by the end of the season if he comes to us.
Against that, we know Doyle works in this team. Whereas a new player, no matter how good they are or what their previous track record isn't 100% *guaranteed* to just slot in. I'd agree Grigg is highly likely to do really well at this level in this team. But we *know* Doyle does
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #33846 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 12:39:18 »

I think Wellans has been open about this. If Doyle is available for the right price they will try to get him. But they have to have a contingency plan as that is looking increasingly unlikely. So they are looking elsewhere at similarly experienced and proven options. The Grigg and McNulty rumours are probably testament to that.

That could be true, however, imagine this. The GP does not want to play for BC. BC see some value in the GP in two ways. 1) As a player for them until his contract runs out but run the risk of it backfiring on them 2) let him stay with us under a new deal until EOS.

If you look at option two and what has gone before we suddenly find ourselves with a GP who in the premier league would cost tens of millions to buy. Realistically we still have a GP scoring goals for fun in the second division making his loan to us look like an act of lunacy. Goals x £ for his loan which we are led to believe is not 100% of his wages is not an acceptable option for BC if he is to come back. My guess is they want him off the books and a nominal transfer. We then have to decide if we want to pay x plus all his wages. Or, can we get a replacement until May for less, Grigg?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 12:46:37 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #33847 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 12:43:49 »

Can work both ways. Get Grigg lined up, then go to Bradford and say "Right, we want this sorted this week, we've got Grigg ready to go, if you want to sell Doyle you've got 48 hrs to come up with a realistic valuation or our interest is over". Option A, they fold and we get Doyle; Option B, we go for Grigg. Win-win

In negotiations you don’t tell the other side what you have. You just tell them they have 48 hours, if say Grigg is 100%
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #33848 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 12:47:33 »

In negotiations you don’t tell the other side what you have. You just tell them they have 48 hours, if say Grigg is 100%

Do you work on the Brexit team? That is a million miles from how negotiations work in real life.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #33849 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 12:49:13 »

Quite a difficult technique that though in this case. Don't you think?
normy

Ignore
« Reply #33850 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 12:50:54 »

Perhaps I missed this on here, but according to the Adver today Huddersfield Town defender Rarmani Edmonds-Green joined us on Monday for a season-long loan.

ust be the oldest
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #33851 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 12:51:39 »

I'd bet we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves if we think it's Grigg or Doyle, let alone both as has earlier been posited.

Enquiring and talking is one thing, stumping up is another.

I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33852 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 12:57:00 »

Doyle stays at Bradford. We sign Grigg on loan.

Doyle is free in June. The fee we would have paid Bradford for him can now go direct to Doyle as a signing on fee. We give him a 2 year contract. Everyone’s a winner!

I would expect that as we are in a standoff with Bradford re his perm transfer means that any contract we would offer Doyle is acceptable to him. Just waiting for the nod from Bradford. Or not.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33853 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 12:58:45 »

except he may have better offers come summer
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #33854 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 13:00:34 »

except he may have better offers come summer

I guess that may depend how the rest of the season goes. If he gets lost in Bradford's set up and can only muster a few between now and the end of the season it will raise questions over whether his form here was just a blip. Coming here for the rest of the season would give him a chance to reach 30-35 goals and show it wasn't.

That said, I can't see him returning for the rest of the season and think a new loanee is far more likely. But what do I know.
Pages: 1 ... 2254 2255 2256 [2257] 2258 2259 2260 ... 3965   Go Up
Print
Jump to: