Pages: 1 ... 2202 2203 2204 [2205] 2206 2207 2208 ... 3963   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8867594 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #33060 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 11:33:49 »

On Grant from a Shrewsbury fan -

"Good signing. He was my favourite player last season by a mile, did his job quietly but effectively and an absolute master of shit-housery and winning fouls. No idea what went on for us to banish him from the squad but he'd still get in our side as a DM this season as we've not replaced him with a better play that's for sure."

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33061 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 11:36:40 »

I presume this Grant fella isn’t match fit, so that’ll probably be a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to seeing DJ and whether Sidi is actually a STFC player.

My sole concern is when/if Doyle and/or Yates get injured/suspended. If it comes to pass that both aren’t able to play we’re fucked up front.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #33062 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 11:37:34 »

Benda has height so hopefully he can claim high crosses/corners in the box as Big kenny Allen did under Macari, a keeper bought for his claiming of crosses and quick good distribution above his shot stopping ability.

Perhaps thats what Wellens sees in Benda....when we play teams like Cheltnumb who put long throws/corners into the 6 yard box all the time, if a massive keeper can claim the ball at its highest all the time then that lowers the chances of us conceding from set peices, something we have done a few times so far as claiming catches is not LMc's strong point.

Maybe we will see Benda playing against teams notorious for doing that, as Newport and Lincoln did especially well last season.

He does not seem to have played a game at u23 level since about March for Swansea so will probably be a bit rusty for a while.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 11:49:06 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33063 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 11:40:21 »

My sole concern is when/if Doyle and/or Yates get injured/suspended. If it comes to pass that both aren’t able to play we’re fucked up front.
I agree, I am disappointed we didn't get one more striker in, as back up at least if any injury/suspension affects Yates/Doyle (Doyle especially) then we could be weakened.

Grant sounds exactly the type of player as Toums at almost exactly the same age, certainly what Toums has shown when fit. Sits in front of the back 4 breaking up play and passing short to the creative midfielder to do his stuff.

Toums is actually 6 days older than Grant!

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #33064 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 11:51:57 »

It is surprising Wellens did not get a young striker looking to make a name for himself willing to come on from the bench and cause problems, maybe he run out of budget with Toums still sitting here.

It is a shame on Toums as from what we have seen he looks more than a capable player but for whatever reason Wellens does not seem him playing, it was also suggested we circulated a couple other names as being available but nobody left.

Wellens talked about a squad of 20 players...looks like he changed his mind
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33065 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 11:57:22 »

Haven’t we already got 6 loan players?
Flashheart

« Reply #33066 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 12:08:46 »

We have shown that we can play (and win) with 1 up front. When Doyle joined there was even debate as to whether or not we would play with 2 or if 1 would be benched. While we are a bit short, I doubt we have suddenly lost the ability to play with just 1 again if needed.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33067 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 12:18:15 »

Haven’t we already got 6 loan players?
Nope, Ballards loan was cancelled after he got a bad injury.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33068 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 12:19:50 »

Just catching up as was out yesterday, have we signed a player called Benda??
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33069 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 12:21:48 »

Yup
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33070 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 12:22:27 »

Token scarf over head pic.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #33071 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 12:46:08 »

Logic suggests Benda has been signed with a view to displacing McCormick, in the coming weeks if not straight away.  There would be little point in Swansea loaning a keeper to a team to sit on the bench when he can do that with them, and with only one spot up fro grabs, it;s not like sending an outfield player to a club who might be in and out of the first team.

We have given away goals from two sources - mistakes or balls crossed into the box (either from normal play or set pieces).  Maybe Wellens has seen enough in this lad that he thinks he can improve over McCormick in controlling that area of play more?  Luke actually does a pretty good job on crosses when he comes, most of the time, but he doesn't always come which may well be due to his size.  On Saturday he was getting flak for missing one, but I think that was where Iandalo got in his way - maybe Benda is more likely to flatten Iandolo in that situation and he'd get out of the way, having confidence in the keeper.

Anyway, I doubt any of us have seen him play, so who knows.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33072 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 12:56:35 »

Logic suggests Benda has been signed with a view to displacing McCormick, in the coming weeks if not straight away.  There would be little point in Swansea loaning a keeper to a team to sit on the bench when he can do that with them, and with only one spot up fro grabs, it;s not like sending an outfield player to a club who might be in and out of the first team.
I agree with what you are saying but he hasn't been sitting on their bench this season, hes 3rd choice and hasn't even made the bench yet, he has also not played a single U23 game for them so hes behind their 1st 2 U23 level choices too.

In essence hes at least a 4th choice there at Swansea it would seem.

I doubt Wellens will have brought him in if he didn't think he was near our first team level though, something he seems to doubt in Henry.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #33073 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 12:58:34 »

Nope, Ballards loan was cancelled after he got a bad injury.
Yes we do:

Yates
Doyle
Grant
May
Jaiyesimi
Benda

So I would imagine that will be May out of the squad when all are fit. Certainly no room for any more loans in the window.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33074 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 13:01:01 »

Ah right TBF I had forgotten DJ and yes May will miss out I would think when DJ is fit again.

Pages: 1 ... 2202 2203 2204 [2205] 2206 2207 2208 ... 3963   Go Up
Print
Jump to: