Pages: 1 ... 2194 2195 2196 [2197] 2198 2199 2200 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8961774 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #32940 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 08:54:29 »

Broadbent won't go. We're a CB short and that weakens us.

Grant would be another first-team CM which would leave us with May, Rose, Doughty, Lyden, Sidhy and Grant (and Toums). Seems an unnecessary luxury. I also can't see where we're linked by anyone remotely ITK?

Think we'll do a GK, a young ST on loan and a CB. Hopefully Toums plus one random out.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 2, 2019, 09:18:52 by Panda Paws » Logged
Waffle

Ignore
« Reply #32941 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 09:14:36 »

Probably get Twine, Romanski, Henry out on loan again.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #32942 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 09:19:01 »

What clue is this. They’re broad beans btw

* 980D905F-1846-4C6E-AF0A-35659BD22289.jpeg (184.5 KB, 946x833 - viewed 80 times.)
Flashheart

« Reply #32943 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 09:23:58 »

If Broadbent is going out you'd think there must be a replacement coming in. We'd be looking very short at the back otherwise.

I reckon we need another CB anyway; I'm really not sold on Baudry. He looks a calamity waiting to happen and we look nervy at the back sometimes.
Panda Paws

« Reply #32944 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 09:27:40 »

If Broadbent is going out you'd think there must be a replacement coming in. We'd be looking very short at the back otherwise.

I reckon we need another CB anyway; I'm really not sold on Baudry. He looks a calamity waiting to happen and we look nervy at the back sometimes.

Agreed - someone to come in and play alongside Dion, with Baudry as back up. I think over time Ballard would have got in the side. I guess if that happens, Romanski/Curran stick around as 4th and 5th choice.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #32945 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 09:27:55 »

Grant is interesting. A superb player if in the right mindset but you do we drop in midfield for him? A centre half over Baudrey really needs to be a priority as he's just not going to be reliable enough in my opinion.
Grant is a brilliant player, probably too good for L1 let alone L2.

A few teams looked at him in the Summer, Ipswich being one of them, none seem to have taken the bait though, hes the top earner at Shrews and they are desperate to get rid of him, hes been training with the youths since the end of the season, he has a reputation of being a loud mouth and causing trouble off the pitch but a great player on it.

If Wellens is able to afford him and willing to take a gamble on him possibly upsetting the applucart if things dont go his way then he would be an awesome signing.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/574229/chelsea-anthony-grant-shrewsbury-youth-team/

I doubt Broadbent will leave as we do need cover at the back. But something seems to have gone on with him mentally and a loan away could be good for him, if we can replace him as without the returned Ballard we have little cover at the back.

I am not convinced by Baudry & Conroy as a pair but I think Baudry has more about him than Conroy this year, Conroy has been at fault as well as Baudry and though both are decent players neither are solid defenders.

I also think we need another striker as cover and we will probably get in a keeper too...if funds allow of course.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #32946 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 09:29:22 »

Do people want a GK as cover or first choice?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #32947 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 09:31:42 »

Slightly concerning that clubs higher up the food chain than us have shied away from Grant. Crewe, Vale and now Shrewsbury have all had problems with him.

Short tempered on and off the pitch.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #32948 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 09:32:25 »

Cover. McCormick has done nothing wrong.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #32949 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 09:34:02 »

Wellens said he is happy with LMc but that he wants someone to push him and challenge him, for me LMc has hardly put a foot wrong all season, he fucked up 1 cross on Saturday other than that hes been very solid, certainly for a L2 keeper when you look at Moore and RCC a couple of years ago who were shit.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #32950 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 09:48:13 »

From the Shrews froum.

all these midfielders and granty still our best defensive midfielder but wont play because sam cant handle him , well askey & coyney managed him when he was our best player for 6 month of season , why cant sam?

From Shropshire Star:

Meanwhile, it is understood that banished Town midfielder Anthony Grant is a target for League Two clubs Salford City and Swindon Town.

Big-spending Salford have been in pole position to land the midfielder’s signature but Swindon is also an option should Grant prefer a move back down south.

Ricketts said: “I don’t know, we’ll just see what happens there.

Grant, who triggered another year deal at Shrewsbury, was told to train with the youth team earlier this summer for reasons that have been kept private.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #32951 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 10:10:11 »

Carlisle turn down a fresh bid for Hallam Hope, Swindon and Walsall known to be interested in him.

Walsall also after Kyle Bennett who Darrel Clarke bought for Rovers.

Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #32952 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 10:15:18 »

I hope we get Bennett, he would compliment our team quite nicely.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #32953 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 10:16:13 »

Slightly concerning that clubs higher up the food chain than us have shied away from Grant. Crewe, Vale and now Shrewsbury have all had problems with him.

543 senior appearances suggest he's been doing something right.

Edit: Also have a feeling Wellens just might be a decent man manager who might be able to handle him if indeed there are any issues. I don't have too much to back that up with, just thinking of Conroy last season who needed a kick up the proverbial (now team captain) and Anderson this season (possibly playing as well as he ever has done - certainly for us)
« Last Edit: Monday, September 2, 2019, 10:19:55 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #32954 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 10:19:04 »

543 senior appearances suggest he's been doing something right.
He does a lot of right things on the pitch, not off it so much. Hes not in your Nile Ranger category but he is disruptive apparently.

Pages: 1 ... 2194 2195 2196 [2197] 2198 2199 2200 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: