Pages: 1 ... 2124 2125 2126 [2127] 2128 2129 2130 ... 3963   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8867811 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #31890 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 13:35:08 »

Talented but injury-prone seems to be one of our things this season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31891 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 13:53:34 »

Quote from: Flashheart
Talented but injury-prone seems to be one of our things this season.

Coupled with talented but lost their way a bit.

if we can keep em fit and find their form we'll be champions* by Christmas

*top half at least Smiley
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #31892 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 15:12:11 »

I thought we were going to be in a relegation dog fight before August was over?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #31893 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 15:14:14 »

Does this mean bye bye to Bennett?

Absolute cracking player - if he can stay fit.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #31894 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 12:27:19 »

Talk on the Bradford forum still reckons we’ll be signing Doyle - with some lazy, historic comments.

‘Anyone know where Swindon are getting their money from?

Have they a wealthy backer?’

‘No idea but they seem to overspend, have winding up orders against them and appear on can't pay we'll take it away.’

Overspend! 😂
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #31895 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 12:38:51 »

Talk on the Bradford forum still reckons we’ll be signing Doyle - with some lazy, historic comments.

‘No idea but they seem to overspend, have winding up orders against them and appear on can't pay we'll take it away.’

Overspend! 😂
It is ill informed fans of other clubs.

If you read further on their forum they will have the league won by Christmas as they are easily the biggest club to ever visit this division and with their financial backing and new signings then nobody else has a chance in hell of winning the division.

Oh the impetuousness and over estimating their own clubs ability tied with under estimating the other teams ability. Admitedly some of our fans thought similar when we were relegated 3 years ago.

That optimism soon comes unstuck.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #31896 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 12:42:37 »

Signing Vsughan and Donaldson seems to have inspired their confidence.

The fact that, between them, since 2026 they have scored something like 13 in 60 odd games seems to have bypassed them.

Tbf, there are a few teams who look as if they have recruited well - Notts County thought that last season, too!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #31897 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 12:50:23 »

They recon they want to recoup the £300k they paid for him.

That won't happen! we won't pay anywhere near that for him, maybe £50k max.

Their fans also saying they have made a bid for Matt Stevens from Posh, a player linked to us a few weeks ago too. Apparently FGR had a £25k bid for him turned down.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #31898 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 12:52:46 »

From the Bradford fans -

If we can sell Doyle to Swindon for around what we paid for him it should pay easily for Stevens. Note he scored the first goal in Posh's win over Stamford last night I think. Posh fans don't seem happy with him being listed and say he should go out on loan to a league 2 club first. However with Posh's transfer policy he is listed. To be fair he's a decent age, has to be hungry, has proved he can score goals (famous last words when they come to play at VP) Also he is a good size, slightly taller than Doyle and looks more filled out. Could be a good gamble this one. Oh plus if he does well he could have a good sell on if we go down that route.

I suppose we will need another striker if the player Wellens is believed to have completed a deal for, on their return from training abroad, is indeed Doyle. Hes been linked with him for a while. Youd like to think wed generate a bit of cash from that deal, allowing us to fund 75k for him perhaps?

I'd happily see Doyle move on, not because he's a bad player because he isn't, but because it makes no sense to have 5k wages sat on the bench as third choice striker when we're in desperate need of a quality left winger and centre mid.

Now we paid ~300k for him allegedly and there is not a chance we'd get anywhere near 100k back for him. He's 31 years old, there would be no logical reason for a league two club to spend six figures on a player with no resale value.

If moving Doyle on meant a quality pacey option upfront like Stevens then I'm all for it and I think it would make us stronger.

Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #31899 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 12:56:20 »

They recon they want to recoup the £300k they paid for him.

That won't happen! we won't pay anywhere near that for him, maybe £50k max.

Their fans also saying they have made a bid for Matt Stevens from Posh, a player linked to us a few weeks ago too. Apparently FGR had a £25k bid for him turned down.

FGR were absolutley slated by the Posh owner for the 'Insulting' 25k offer , slagged them off big time as trying to get him on the cheap.....
Flashheart

« Reply #31900 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 12:56:54 »

Power might be willing to pay 300k for the right player, but I'd be very surprised if he'd be willing to pay 300k for a player that's 31 years old.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #31901 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 12:58:53 »

Overspend! 😂

Dont think we are signing Doyle....

Wellens mentioned waiting on players currently with a Premiership and Championship teams......they want to come deals 95% sorted

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #31902 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 13:00:41 »

They’ll be happy enough getting him off their wage budget
Peter Venkman

« Reply #31903 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 13:04:33 »

They’ll be happy enough getting him off their wage budget
They certainly will if his wage is anywhere near the alleged £5k pw he is currently on there (according to their fans) thats the same figure that Rovers fans say Bennett is on.

We won't pay anywhere near those figures you can guarantee that.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #31904 on: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 13:05:31 »

Power might be willing to pay 300k for the right player, but I'd be very surprised if he'd be willing to pay 300k for a player that's 31 years old.
Exactly...if hes was 23 that could be a goer...for a 31 year old...it will never happen.

Dont think we are signing Doyle....

Wellens mentioned waiting on players currently with a Premiership and Championship teams......they want to come deals 95% sorted
Wellens said that was 2 players but that we were also after another 2 attacking options, Doyle may be one of them.

Both Wellens and Hunt are good mates with Doyle, so its an obvious link to make really.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 13:07:34 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 2124 2125 2126 [2127] 2128 2129 2130 ... 3963   Go Up
Print
Jump to: