Pages: 1 ... 2104 2105 2106 [2107] 2108 2109 2110 ... 3964   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8870319 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31590 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 20:45:45 »

I've come to the realisation that I know jack shit about lower league players.

Why is mayor it of reach? he's been at Bury for 5 years, obviously not that hot a property
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #31591 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 20:57:35 »

I think Mayor had a bad injury a few seasons ago, last year was his first full season for a few years.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #31592 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 20:59:10 »

I didn't realise Mayor was 28.  If he ends up at either us or Plymouth he should be certified.  Why waste another season languishing down here when he should have his pick of L1 teams at worst?

Pedantry alert. Two teams in L1 hardly amounts to ‘pick of teams’ when it would seem only two are chasing him plus us. Anyway, the money, show us your money money may be better than we all may expect us to pay. I accept the probability factor but we may all be missing things that make up a deal. Each player has a different set of criteria, money being a common denominator not the be all and end all.
A.N.Other

Ignore
« Reply #31593 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 21:01:56 »

I've come to the realisation that I know jack shit about lower league players.

Why is mayor it of reach? he's been at Bury for 5 years, obviously not that hot a property

Collectively we have low self esteem. We are not worthy of a player with more experience in l2 than us! Heads up, be positive, at least until September, nobody here has a clue as to their value to us!
Oldwembley69

Ignore
« Reply #31594 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 21:14:04 »

Town close to signing Matty Godden from Peterborough on 2y deal
Flashheart

« Reply #31595 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 21:18:28 »

Mayor has better options.

But they're not 'that' much better.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #31596 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 21:33:28 »

Town close to signing Matty Godden from Peterborough on 2y deal

Where have you seen that? ... please tell me not the transferbot on twitter
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 21:35:59 by Trashbat? » Logged
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #31597 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 21:37:08 »

It's the transfer bot on Twitter.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #31598 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 21:38:57 »

I feel like anyone posting anything from that bot account (clue is in the feckin name) should be instantly banned
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #31599 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 21:49:02 »

Pedantry alert. Two teams in L1 hardly amounts to ‘pick of teams’ when it would seem only two are chasing him plus us. Anyway, the money, show us your money money may be better than we all may expect us to pay. I accept the probability factor but we may all be missing things that make up a deal. Each player has a different set of criteria, money being a common denominator not the be all and end all.

He "should" have his pick of L1 clubs.  He is way better than this league, head and shoulders stands out when I've seen him play.  It may turn out I know nothing about this football lark, but he was a far better player than anyone else we came up against last season.  If he really cannot get better offers, and we somehow pulled that one out of the bag, I'd be amazed, but delighted.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #31600 on: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 06:05:40 »

Sorry to break it to you, but Plymouth went down.

No need be sorry my child. The lord loves you either way. You know what? In the back of my mind there was a doubt about Plymouth but I couldn’t put a finger on it. I now know why, which makes me want torule them out even more.
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 06:08:59 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #31601 on: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 06:15:44 »

He "should" have his pick of L1 clubs.  He is way better than this league, head and shoulders stands out when I've seen him play.  It may turn out I know nothing about this football lark, but he was a far better player than anyone else we came up against last season.  If he really cannot get better offers, and we somehow pulled that one out of the bag, I'd be amazed, but delighted.

He ‘should’, however doesn’t. As has been pointed out, Pilgrims got relegated so that leaves one div1 and two div2 teams. As you say he maybe in your opinion H&S above everyone else in Div2 and indeed could be considered better than half of Div1 too. However, if the rumour is true i’d Have expected more of a stampede of clubs to chase him. Now where has the Salford interest wandered off to?, Surely they’d want him after all they‘re linked with everyone apparently.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #31602 on: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 07:15:29 »

Ryan Lowe is Plymouth's manager. They've lost Carey so Mayor gets to play the main man straight away and they've not signed anyone so could throw a decent wedge his way.

Don't feasibly see why he'd turn that down to come here. Only issue I reckon he'd have is location. Not sure if he's got kids and a wife but Manchester to Plymouth is a pretty big upheaval. A major factor unless you're on massive wages that are too good to turn down.

Of course if he does have a wife she could fancy living closer to London.  They could have met while she was at university and she's originally from the area.

All sorts going on in players lives that play a part.  He could just really like Wellens or Lowe and want to follow him.

Certainly not holding my breath on this one though.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #31603 on: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 07:31:55 »

My lad informs me Nicky Ajose on a free, three year deal. Not sure of the source yet. He’s a young teenager so be kind.

Edit: Twitter rumour because he was at the Bury away game 🤔🤔
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 07:36:06 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #31604 on: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 07:35:38 »

He obviously has a lot to learn about social media. Need to have a long chat with him.
Pages: 1 ... 2104 2105 2106 [2107] 2108 2109 2110 ... 3964   Go Up
Print
Jump to: