Pages: 1 ... 2090 2091 2092 [2093] 2094 2095 2096 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8976144 times)
Waffle

Ignore
« Reply #31380 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 08:57:57 »

Almost there - 2 strikers, a flexible wide forward, a CM and GK would do me now. Still got three loan spots to play and would expect one of them to be a wild card in addition to the above.

Think we'll have 2 more in this week.

I think we will get 1 perm forward and hopefully a wide man both on 2 years probably with the way recruitment is being done.

Then the loans on a CM, not sure if we need a young GK to challange LMc when we have Henry? I think the kid needs a chance to stake a claim now.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31381 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 09:01:23 »

Please can someone update the squad list as I have completely lost track of who has arrived and who was actually complete conjecture?

GK...  LMc, Henry, Matthews
RB... Reid, Hunt
CB... Broadbent, Curran,  Romanski,  Conroy, Audrey
LB...  Iandolo, Fryers

MF.. Rose, Toumani, Doughty. McGilp, McGlashan, Bancroft, May
Front 3.... Anderson, Woolery, Twine, Yates
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #31382 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 09:05:48 »

HA i'd already forgotten about Yates and Baudry. Not far off done then
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #31383 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 09:08:42 »

GK...  LMc, Henry
RB...  Reid, Hunt
CB...  Broadbent, Conroy, Baudrey
LB...  Fryers (Hunt fill in)

MF...  Rose, Toumani, Doughty. McGilp, May
FW...  Anderson, Woolery, Yates

U21s... Bancroft, Twine, Iandolo, Curran, Matthews,  Romanski all will be bench warmers art best as Wellens has stated several times already.

Not wanted on voyage... McGlashan...maybe Toums as well.
Corrected.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 24, 2019, 09:12:11 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #31384 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 09:15:30 »

1 more creative midfielder, possibly 2 one for each side, a holding midfielder if Toums is not required and then 2 strikers, one being a big lump and one a goal poacher, another keeper to challenge LMc and Henry too.

Then any wild card loanees Wellens/Power deem as needed.

Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #31385 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 09:45:14 »

Shamal George (GK) has started following Swindon on Twitter
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #31386 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 09:56:27 »

Shamal George (GK) has started following Swindon on Twitter

Its been in both the Mail and the Advertyiser that he is coming here on a free, only claim to fame seems to have been that whilst he has never played a first team game for Liverpool, Klopp did play him as an emergency striker in a game, so possibly the solution to our needing a big man up top?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31387 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 10:12:19 »

Its been in both the Mail and the Advertyiser that he is coming here on a free, only claim to fame seems to have been that whilst he has never played a first team game for Liverpool, Klopp did play him as an emergency striker in a game, so possibly the solution to our needing a big man up top?

Mildy would be able to help him on that.....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31388 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 10:18:13 »

Corrected.

Until such time as they've been moved on they're still part of the squad.... it's up to Wellens how he uses that squad.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #31389 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 10:31:03 »

Until such time as they've been moved on they're still part of the squad.... it's up to Wellens how he uses that squad.
It is indeed up to Wellens how he uses the squad, he has already said that all of the U21 players I highlighted will not be playing major roles in the 1st team this season but could be of use on the bench.

That leaves just McGlashan as the only one there who is not wanted 100% and he has told him to find another club so he will be used only to keep his fitness levels high enough to find another club in this window, so he cannot be said to be a "squad member" if he has been frozen out by Wellens...which he has been.

Waffle

Ignore
« Reply #31390 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 10:34:04 »

From that list, I think Twine and Bancroft will be in and out of the squad and coming of the bench a lot more. The rest will be looking at loans.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31391 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 10:41:03 »

It is indeed up to Wellens how he uses the squad, he has already said that all of the U21 players I highlighted will not be playing major roles in the 1st team this season but could be of use on the bench.

That leaves just McGlashan as the only one there who is not wanted 100% and he has told him to find another club so he will be used only to keep his fitness levels high enough to find another club in this window, so he cannot be said to be a "squad member" if he has been frozen out by Wellens...which he has been.

JMcG is a squad member who Wellens has chosen not to play, and advised to move elsewhere, however he hasn't committed any misconduct, so no doubt will be in Soton today.  He is our player until such time as he isn't, therefore appears in any squad list.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #31392 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 10:49:19 »

JMcG is a squad member who Wellens has chosen not to play, and advised to move elsewhere, however he hasn't committed any misconduct, so no doubt will be in Soton today.  He is our player until such time as he isn't, therefore appears in any squad list.

He may well be our player , but as Wellens has told him he is no longer wanted he probably will not be in Southampton but will be attempting to get trials elsewhere.........

He will also not be on Wellens squad list for next season so is irrelevant when talking about the future!!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #31393 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 10:50:52 »

He may well be our player , but as Wellens has told him he is no longer wanted he probably will not be in Southampton but will be attempting to get trials elsewhere.........

He will also not be on Wellens squad list for next season so is irrelevant when talking about the future!!
Absolutely.

Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #31394 on: Monday, June 24, 2019, 11:01:35 »

From that list, I think Twine and Bancroft will be in and out of the squad and coming of the bench a lot more. The rest will be looking at loans.

Interesting to see what happens with Twine this season, I expected a lot more from him during his spell in Ireland. From reports I read he struggled with the physical side of the game, which is what seems to be the biggest thing holding him back at the moment.
Pages: 1 ... 2090 2091 2092 [2093] 2094 2095 2096 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: