Pages: 1 ... 2057 2058 2059 [2060] 2061 2062 2063 ... 3963   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8867732 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #30885 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 11:57:33 »

Matt Ritchie is English, make no doubt about it.

I remember he was in a Newcastle side that was claimed to be 11 non-English players. It's nonsense.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #30886 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 11:57:41 »

Pfft, needs to be more specific then "Scottish strikers who have played in Scotland don't do well in Leagues 1 and 2". OK, pedants, off you go on that one Smiley

Er... Chris Iwelumo? That is a bit harder, I'll give you.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30887 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 12:39:34 »

Pfft, needs to be more specific then "Scottish strikers who have played in Scotland don't do well in Leagues 1 and 2". OK, pedants, off you go on that one Smiley

Do they need to be able to play RB and be experienced?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #30888 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 13:04:00 »

Do they need to be able to play RB and be experienced?
And score 20 goals a season. Unless someone can name 4 that can score 5 each of course
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #30889 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 08:40:36 »

I spoke to a mate yesterday who is an Aldershot fan (goes home and away).  He reckons that Adam May is a bit special.  Only played about 5 games for them last season, scored 2 goals on his debut and was their best player for the 5 games until he got recalled.  He reckons that they would not have struggled as much if they would have had him for longer.

I know it is a level down and a different standard but it was good to hear.  He even jokingly voted for him in their POTY vote as he said he did more in those 5 games than the rest of the squad for the whole season..

They got relegated but ironically got re-instated last Saturday after Gateshead? got demoted because of breaking numerous rules in the NL.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #30890 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 09:13:15 »

I spoke to a mate yesterday who is an Aldershot fan (goes home and away).  He reckons that Adam May is a bit special.  Only played about 5 games for them last season, scored 2 goals on his debut and was their best player for the 5 games until he got recalled.  He reckons that they would not have struggled as much if they would have had him for longer.

I know it is a level down and a different standard but it was good to hear.  He even jokingly voted for him in their POTY vote as he said he did more in those 5 games than the rest of the squad for the whole season..

They got relegated but ironically got re-instated last Saturday after Gateshead? got demoted because of breaking numerous rules in the NL.

So we have special from an Aldershot fan and average from Pompey fans that I've seen. Hopefully that will level out at good in League 2!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #30891 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 09:45:34 »

He reckons that Adam May is a bit special.
In a good way? Smiley
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #30892 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 09:48:07 »

In a good way? Smiley

Indeed, some of our fans are rather 'special' and that sure as hell is not a good thing

I come from a land down-under
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #30893 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 09:59:37 »

That doesnt say much... Aldershot were abysmal last season. But I've heard good things generally.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #30894 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 10:39:38 »

Just providing feedback on a new signing - at least it's better than 5 pages talking about one that has gone..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #30895 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 10:55:17 »

I always like this time of the season, the anticipation of new signings and reading what fans of other teams think about players.

Striker and left back a priority now please Mr Wellens.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #30896 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 11:07:54 »

Strikers and left back a priority now please Mr Wellens.

corrected for you
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #30897 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 11:11:34 »

corrected for you
1 at a time Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #30898 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 11:15:33 »

Indeed.

Though in truth the rebuild is huge.

We need at least one destructive hard working midfielder to complement the ball players of Rose, Doughty and apparently May.

The only wide player is McGlashan who he doesn't want.

Plus the left back and forward situation as you say.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30899 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 11:29:31 »

Indeed.

Though in truth the rebuild is huge.

We need at least one destructive hard working midfielder to complement the ball players of Rose, Doughty and apparently May.

The only wide player is McGlashan who he doesn't want.

Plus the left back and forward situation as you say.

There's is the possibility of a Toumani renaissance... bit of a longshot, but you never know.
Pages: 1 ... 2057 2058 2059 [2060] 2061 2062 2063 ... 3963   Go Up
Print
Jump to: