Pages: 1 ... 2055 2056 2057 [2058] 2059 2060 2061 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8912484 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #30855 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 10:44:51 »

Flashheart

« Reply #30856 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 10:45:28 »

^ That's supposed to be a 'roll eyes' gif, but for some reason it isn't showing.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30857 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 10:46:29 »

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #30858 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 10:51:03 »

Southend have signed a new striker from non league, the high scoring Brandon Goodship (lollipop) from Weymouth after scoring 38 and 39 goals in the last 2 seasons respectively.

That could free up Theo Robinson to leave Roots Hall for a return to us.

This is the type of striker I'd like to see us go for.
Wellens wants a proven goal scorer, why not go and get one from non league.
No guarantee of success at league level of course, but all signings have an element of risk about them.

I wonder if the Goodship Brandon was a recommendation from Bond's mate 'Arry.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #30859 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 11:02:13 »

This is the type of striker I'd like to see us go for.
Wellens wants a proven goal scorer, why not go and get one from non league.
No guarantee of success at league level of course, but all signings have an element of risk about them.

I wonder if the Goodship Brandon was a recommendation from Bond's mate 'Arry.
Bonds fell out with 'Arry a while ago apparently and still aren't back on good terms.

I too would like us to take a risk on one of these lower league high scorers, as I have said many times in the past.

Fylde's Danny Rowe 170 goals in the last 4 seasons but is aged 29
Edinburgh City's Blair Henderson aged 24 with 30 goals last season from 36 games out of contract
Ayr Utd's Lawrence Shankland aged 23 with 31 goals from 36 games out of contract
Raith's Kevin Nisbet aged 23 with 30 goals from 32 games out of contract

All could be worth a look IMO.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30860 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 11:04:20 »

Just been looking at Devitt as he seems to have been raised to almost Storey levels of greatness by many, bar a couple of goodish seasons at Carlisle its all a bit journeyman!
Flashheart

« Reply #30861 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 11:09:34 »

To be fair, most of his clubs have been when he was on loan. And young. Take those out and his record is more solid.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #30862 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 11:10:13 »

Just been looking at Devitt as he seems to have been raised to almost Storey levels of greatness by many, bar a couple of goodish seasons at Carlisle its all a bit journeyman!
I know what you mean, it does seem that way, although Carlilse fans really rate him as do Morecambe fans after his spell with them previously, He has only had 4 clubs previously with Hull, Chesterfield, Morecambe and Carlisle.

Every team linked to him seem to be stating he is an excellent signing Blackpool, us, Plymouth, Hibs, Hearts and Salford.

I think he is probably a decent player at this level who can easily play a division higher at least.

I would be mor eimpressed if we went for Mayor from Bury but he will almost certainly follow Lowe down to 'muff.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30863 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 11:12:28 »

Bonds fell out with 'Arry a while ago apparently and still aren't back on good terms.

I too would like us to take a risk on one of these lower league high scorers, as I have said many times in the past.

Edinburgh City's Blair Henderson aged 24 with 30 goals last season from 36 games out of contract
Ayr Utd's Lawrence Shankland aged 23 with 31 goals from 36 games out of contract

I bought FM2019 and I play as Dunfermline. That little shit Shankland used to score every time I would play Ayr.

To resolve the issue I got promoted and didn't have to play against him anymore! muhahaha

For that reason we should sign him!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #30864 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 11:13:36 »

I bought FM2019 and I play as Dunfermline. That little shit Shankland used to score every time I would play Ayr.

To resolve the issue I got promoted and didn't have to play against him anymore! muhahaha

For that reason we should sign him!
6 foot 2 isnt little mate Wink

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30865 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 11:14:18 »

What about that Jock David Goodwillie - be good for a laugh if nothing else
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30866 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 11:14:33 »

6 foot 2 isnt little mate Wink

Very true!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30867 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 11:22:31 »

Here was my take on Devitt....

Devitt would be a value for money sort of signing.... only really showed as a decent Div 4 player, after a lot of loans from Hull, when he went to Morecambe, and has backed that up at Carlisle...

Decent enough Div 4 player, that's the sort of thing needed.  We have to be realistic about the sort of thing we can get, it may be that like 2 years ago with Flitcroft, the "big hitters" will pay more.

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #30868 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 11:24:24 »

I like these signings as a bit of an unknown with exciting potential. haven't most Scottish players flopped in leagues 1 and 2 over the years? didn't Oxford sign a couple?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #30869 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 11:28:54 »

I like these signings as a bit of an unknown with exciting potential. haven't most Scottish players flopped in leagues 1 and 2 over the years? didn't Oxford sign a couple?
Many Scots strikers do fail when they play "proper football" Wink I think you mean Kane Hemmings, not sure if there were any others?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 11:43:13 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 2055 2056 2057 [2058] 2059 2060 2061 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: