Pages: 1 ... 2051 2052 2053 [2054] 2055 2056 2057 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8941431 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30795 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 12:38:09 »

Reg would like to be able to attend games - he doesn't like Luke, some would say for very good reason.  I'd prefer we never signed the bloke, but football is a shit industry with the morals of a Politician, so you either get out of the sport all together or wring your hands from time to time and move on.  Reg hasn't really moved on - if Luke ever gets one landed on him by a fan it will be the day we know dementia has got Reg.

Personal issue doesn't really come into this... in fact the LMc situation probably means he'd get it if he was back on the bench.  No, it's just that LMc is 36 soon, we know what he offers, Henry is 20, we don't yet know what he offers.... and only one way to find out. LMc got a chance at Plymuff at a similar age.  I guess Wellens might go the route of playing Henry in the cups, the problem being we tend not to get too many games in those
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30796 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 12:44:07 »

Personal issue doesn't really come into this... in fact the LMc situation probably means he'd get it if he was back on the bench.  No, it's just that LMc is 36 soon, we know what he offers, Henry is 20, we don't yet know what he offers.... and only one way to find out. LMc got a chance at Plymuff at a similar age.  I guess Wellens might go the route of playing Henry in the cups, the problem being we tend not to get too many games in those

Wellens follows this 'advice', fast forward to the post from Reg in December 2019,

'why aren't we playing our best goalkeeper, its been like this all season, bloody Power is only playing Henry to get his value up so he can sell him and keep the cash'.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30797 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 12:50:43 »

Wellens follows this 'advice', fast forward to the post from Reg in December 2019,

'why aren't we playing our best goalkeeper, its been like this all season, bloody Power is only playing Henry to get his value up so he can sell him and keep the cash'.

If it was obvious that Henry was out of his depth then yes, it would attract comment, as to why he was still picked.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #30798 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 13:20:36 »

I don't gamble... the last time someone wanted to do so with me was Jayo, bit of luck for him as it would have cost him the price of a season ticket.

I can't remember that, what was the bet?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30799 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 13:50:49 »

I can't remember that, what was the bet?

bet you the price of a 2017-18 season ticket that we average more than 7000 next season. Willing to put your money where your mouth is?

TBF the original wasn't to me, but to GL5.... I'd replied quoting the original, so thought it must have been to me which it wasn't.
Flashheart

« Reply #30800 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 13:51:50 »

Carlisle confirm that Devitt has left.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #30801 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 13:52:00 »

Catching up on the thread, apparently current players did the "beep" tests last week and Joe Romanski came out on top. Add to that Romanski has been hitting the gym hard in order to get more body strength. It will be interesting  to see what RW makes of someone who wants to do the graft and if he is in his plans.

As an aside, Kyle Knoyle went to Cambridge as he was offered another £10K above his Swindon money.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30802 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 13:57:36 »

Catching up on the thread, apparently current players did the "beep" tests last week and Joe Romanski came out on top. Add to that Romanski has been hitting the gym hard in order to get more body strength. It will be interesting  to see what RW makes of someone who wants to do the graft and if he is in his plans.

As an aside, Kyle Knoyle went to Cambridge as he was offered another £10K above his Swindon money.

Shh you're not allowed to say that on here heresy of the first order.   

I recall Joe R going on a couple of barnstorming runs, in the few games he played, which looked promising, so who knows a good attitude can help.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30803 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 14:14:17 »

Matt Green to Grimsby
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30804 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 14:25:55 »

Alan Nixon has just tweeted Plymouth and Blackpool are after Devitt as well as us.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #30805 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 14:26:06 »

Catching up on the thread, apparently current players did the "beep" tests last week and Joe Romanski came out on top. Add to that Romanski has been hitting the gym hard in order to get more body strength. It will be interesting  to see what RW makes of someone who wants to do the graft and if he is in his plans.

Romanski did need to work on his strength a lot, he was muscled off the ball easily when he has played, hopefully he will come back stronger this season then, he knows how to dribble and has a decent head on him but it seems to be his heading and tackling that caused him problems.

Also with RW not knowing if his best position is LB or LCB that could work against him as he needs to specialize in 1 and have the other as a backup position.

Where did you hear about KK? I havent heard anything from our end and nothing has crept out at the Cambridge end concerning wages etc not even a hint on their forum that was the reason behind his move.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #30806 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 15:06:45 »

Where did you hear about KK? I havent heard anything from our end and nothing has crept out at the Cambridge end concerning wages etc not even a hint on their forum that was the reason behind his move.

Just someone with an interest in the goings on at the CG and it was more to do with KK being a new father, so any increase in money of that size was not realistically going to be turned down.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #30807 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 15:15:48 »

Just someone with an interest in the goings on at the CG and it was more to do with KK being a new father, so any increase in money of that size was not realistically going to be turned down.
Absolutely, if that is true then at thie level that is probably a 10-20% pay rise, not to be sniffed at.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #30808 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 15:27:44 »

Catching up on the thread, apparently current players did the "beep" tests last week and Joe Romanski came out on top. Add to that Romanski has been hitting the gym hard in order to get more body strength. It will be interesting  to see what RW makes of someone who wants to do the graft and if he is in his plans.

Yeah he trains at the same gym as me - seems to certainly be putting the hours in. Good luck to him
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #30809 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 15:43:33 »

TBF the original wasn't to me, but to GL5.... I'd replied quoting the original, so thought it must have been to me which it wasn't.

We would have as well if we weren't so shite!
Pages: 1 ... 2051 2052 2053 [2054] 2055 2056 2057 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: