Pages: 1 ... 2042 2043 2044 [2045] 2046 2047 2048 ... 3964   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8869365 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #30660 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 15:57:32 »

I think a contract was offered so we got compensation if he moved on. Nothing more than that.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #30661 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 15:57:48 »

Do we now get some compo for Knoyle as we offered him a contract (even if that contract was say, intentionally shit), with him being under 23.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #30662 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 15:59:30 »

One wonders why it was only Cambridge in for him as well, other clubs can't have seen enough in him.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30663 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 16:10:24 »

Quote from: Flashheart
One wonders why it was only Cambridge in for him as well, other clubs can't have seen enough in him.

Now that I'm at a lost at. He was a perfectly fine right back and my poty.

I can just about buy Wellens not wanting him for whatever reason, but Cambridge being his best offer is baffling because he's proven to be better than that (obviously opinion, but I've seen enough dodgy right necks in my time).
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30664 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 16:16:49 »

I can just about buy Wellens not wanting him for whatever reason, but Cambridge being his best offer is baffling because he's proven to be better than that (obviously opinion, but I've seen enough dodgy right necks in my time).

As has been pointed out a number of times, KK is steady, but doesn't yet offer enough going forward. That will have been reflected in our contract offer and the lack of interest from elsewhere. Cambridge will have offered more money.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30665 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 16:17:43 »

people can point it out all they like. I disagree
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30666 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 16:29:41 »

people can point it out all they like. I disagree

When you're a Knoyle, coming form youth football into men's football, your first aim is to establish yourself as at least able to play at that level. Knoyle has done that... now his aim will be at least to maintain that, and so have a decent career as a lower league journeyman, and possibly kick on if he has the talent. I'd be very surprised if its the latter, having a journeyman career like say a Ben Purkiss is worthwhile.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30667 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 16:53:45 »

Wellens certainly gave a few hints that he wasn't 100% sold on Knoyle.  He used him at left back when we had nobody because he can defend pretty well, but I think he wants the fullback to be attacking.  When we had a run of looking quite good you'd notice the midfield two were tasked with dropping into fill the fullback slot, allowing the fullback to canter forward.  It's fair to say that very few goals of chances came from Knoyle's end product.  I liked him, think he was well worthy of keeping on, but signing a right back was probably a sign that Wellens was already focused on that position, well before seasons end.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #30668 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 16:54:52 »

Nobody in the squad will leave me shedding a tear.

We are Divvy 2 and so are Cambridge.....so be it. I wish we weren't but there it is.

Clems Army!
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #30669 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 17:02:20 »

Good luck to Knoyle at Cambridge. He was good defending one on one situations and had great energy to get up and down the flank. Unfortunately he was pretty poor in the air and in terms of pure strength,  and his crossing delivery was awful. We will only know if it's a loss after we have seen Reid play a few times but ultimately as Wellens said at the end of the season, there are more important areas to spend the money. Save money on a RB a d spend it all on the goals we need to get in the team.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30670 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 17:15:52 »

Save money on a RB a d spend it all on the goals we need to get in the team.

Think this is right... in an ideal world, you'd have then funds to properly fill all positions, but we don't have that luxury.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #30671 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 17:36:02 »

This for me too, he was my POTY and fine he moves on but to Cambridge...that is either a lack of ambition, he fell out big time with Wellens or there were no other offers on the table.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #30672 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 17:38:35 »

He was sufficient for a mid table div 4 side, but if we are pushing for top 3 we'd need better imo. He might still get better, plenty of time.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #30673 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 17:39:42 »

Average league two right back rejects average league two side for other average league two side

Next

Things get better but they never get good
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #30674 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 18:37:00 »

Knoyle wasn't shit.  If we have a not shit player in every position and a not shit manager, we will go up.

I can't see it being just money, location must have played a part.   If he's East London based it's hard (and really expensive on the train) to get there from here.  From Cambridge it's straight down the M11.
Pages: 1 ... 2042 2043 2044 [2045] 2046 2047 2048 ... 3964   Go Up
Print
Jump to: