Pages: 1 ... 2006 2007 2008 [2009] 2010 2011 2012 ... 3963   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8867701 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30120 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 10:09:47 »

You’re right, he’s no good without a big lad to play off. Not sure that’s how Wellens wants to play, though. Would also mean losing either Anderson or Woolery, too.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #30121 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 10:28:27 »

NA seemed to do his best work, playing alongside NSSJO in a front 2.... surely not  Hmmm

Ideally you'd want Bancroft to do the Lukas 06/07 role.... come in for a few games or off the bench and get perhaps 5 or so goals... it's those bonus goals which get you up. Brian Wade did it in 85/86, having joined from Trowbridge.

Lukas though was clearly going to be a player, no idea about about Bancroft. Perhaps he could from a partnership with Theo.... "Anne" Bancroft and Mrs Robinson

Wonder where NSSJO will end up after his previous injuries and current shocker of an injury. Was my favourite player when he was here. Shame he felt the need to join them lot.
Panda Paws

« Reply #30122 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 11:03:29 »

Would also mean losing either Anderson or Woolery, too.

Not necessarily - it would be useful to be flexible and not wedded to one system or not. Plus, Woolery down the middle with Theo can work, as can Keshi in a midfield four.

Fully expect NA to end up at a top L2 side next year - no reason it can't be us, and him plus Theo and KW would be a good start.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30123 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 11:09:17 »

Wonder where NSSJO will end up after his previous injuries and current shocker of an injury. Was my favourite player when he was here. Shame he felt the need to join them lot.

Still only 28, can't imagine there'll be too many takers... so could be of interest to Power, if he's not properly buggered.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30124 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 11:59:54 »

Still only 28, can't imagine there'll be too many takers... so could be of interest to Power, if he's not properly buggered.

I reckon I've got as much chance of playing for STFC next season as Obika
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #30125 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 12:06:48 »

I reckon I've got as much chance of playing for STFC next season as Obika

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #30126 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 12:07:05 »

A decent player, but also a bottler. I can't see him ticking Wellens' boxes of PASHUN! and wanting to play for the club, etc.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #30127 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 12:11:51 »

A decent player, but also a bottler. I can't see him ticking Wellens' boxes of PASHUN! and wanting to play for the club, etc.
On his day hes very good, on his off days hes awful. Not much of a step up from Theo for me and Theo isn't so much of a sick note. Beeks blotted his copybook by signing for them in the first place ala Mooney.

No thanks.

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #30128 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 12:24:42 »

We have enough ex-scummers - anymore and I really fear to chalkies health

I come from a land down-under
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #30129 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 12:48:42 »

Made of Brandy Snaps...shame..

Clems Army!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #30130 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 12:58:41 »

He is decent, but no way a bottler. Batch puts in a good shift.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Peter Venkman

« Reply #30131 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 12:59:49 »

He is decent, but no way a bottler. Batch puts in a good shift.
Not as quick as he used to be though with those knees.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30132 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 13:17:27 »

I think fans would be generally happy to sign Theo, on the back of what we've seen.  Not a 20 goal striker mind, but having said that sometimes, front men do improve with age. Steve White was one who got more prolific after 30.

If he did come, that he's still under contract at Sarfend would be a good sign, that he wants to play rather than sit on his arse taking the wage.

I've said already that signing Robinson would be a good move, provided we add something else as well.  What we showed is potential, but we also showed there are games where it didn't work - so we need another option for getting goals in the team as well.  Robinson could easily get between 15-20 in a full season with us.

On White, didn't someone have a word in his ear with us around not worrying about being a footballer and just concentrating on shooting - something along the lines of accepting he'd never be technically much kop, but he could score, so just do that.  I am sure I remember him quoting such a conversation in an interview.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30133 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 13:45:52 »

I've said already that signing Robinson would be a good move, provided we add something else as well.  What we showed is potential, but we also showed there are games where it didn't work - so we need another option for getting goals in the team as well.  Robinson could easily get between 15-20 in a full season with us.

On White, didn't someone have a word in his ear with us around not worrying about being a footballer and just concentrating on shooting - something along the lines of accepting he'd never be technically much kop, but he could score, so just do that.  I am sure I remember him quoting such a conversation in an interview.

As said before goals from other sources is a good way to go.... look at Man City, newspaper pundits by way of having something to say, rate them the GOAT of English club sides.... scored 95 Prem goals.... leading scorer Aguero on 21, so 74 goals from other sources.

Chalkie also credited Eileen Drewry, with prolonging his career.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30134 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 13:57:39 »

Aguero's actual or sub replacement got close to 20 in all Comps, and he got 32 in all.  So from a single position, they garnered 51 goals in all competitions.  I think that might be a club benefiting from having a decent goalscorer!

Then the two positions either side of Aguero brought 62 goals to the table - the players being largely rotated among four individuals for two slots.
Pages: 1 ... 2006 2007 2008 [2009] 2010 2011 2012 ... 3963   Go Up
Print
Jump to: