Pages: 1 ... 2005 2006 2007 [2008] 2009 2010 2011 ... 3964   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8869638 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #30105 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 13:18:44 »

Longstaff  Girl Giggle

Cheesy
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #30106 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 19:55:06 »

No point making it personal for Iandolo - I’m sure he’s more desperate than anyone to succeed because unlike fringe players higher up the ladder, there’s hardly a buffer between us and playing as a hobby whilst you get a proper job. It’s a grim prospect for someone like him, or McCourt, or Lancashire or Sol Pryce. It’s a real gamble for him to stay. He’d effectively be waiting for injuries to give him
 a chance and then be so good, that he leapfrogs whoever Wellens ends up buying. That’s a long shot for anyone. He’d be better off trying to do what Jake Hyde did. Drop a level, find your niche, and work back up. Far better career wise, but a very difficult admission to have to make. Good luck to him.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30107 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 08:50:53 »

Southend fan on One Football Forum suggests we are after Theo Robinson. Not that surprising I guess.

But is he the 20 goal a season striker we all crave? Wink

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #30108 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 08:59:58 »

Southend fan on One Football Forum suggests we are after Theo Robinson. Not that surprising I guess.

Confirmed by the Adver.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/17637933.swindon-town-are-set-to-make-a-move-to-sign-striker-theo-robinson-on-a-permanent-basis-say-reports/

I think Theo could easily get 15+ next season if not more. He isn't the perfect striker but he did well in 75% of the games he played for us with a few shit games like Yeovil and Oldham, otherwise hes a good signing.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30109 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 09:02:23 »

Some blurb from the Southend local rag -

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/17637268.swindon-want-to-keep-theo/

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30110 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 09:03:29 »

I think fans would be generally happy to sign Theo, on the back of what we've seen.  Not a 20 goal striker mind, but having said that sometimes, front men do improve with age. Steve White was one who got more prolific after 30.

If he did come, that he's still under contract at Sarfend would be a good sign, that he wants to play rather than sit on his arse taking the wage.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #30111 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 09:03:41 »

Is that a pic of a buy one get one free offer? Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #30112 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 09:22:14 »

Theo would be a good signing. He's not far off from being the out and out goalscorer we need, but not quite. Him and another that knows where the net is could be very good for us indeed.

Having said that, he's scored 7 in 16 which is a pretty good return. I can't help but feel he missed too many opportunities to turn draws into wins, though.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #30113 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 09:34:05 »

Considering Richards is going, we're left with no strikers.

Robinson would be a solid enough start to sorting that. Be glad to have him back.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #30114 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 09:49:16 »

Theo would be a good signing. He's not far off from being the out and out goalscorer we need, but not quite. Him and another that knows where the net is could be very good for us indeed.

Having said that, he's scored 7 in 16 which is a pretty good return. I can't help but feel he missed too many opportunities to turn draws into wins, though.
7 in 16 equates to 20 goals over 46 games.

I like Theo and think he still has a lot to offer but I don't want us to rely on just him next season but hes a good signing if we do indeed get him, he liked it here too.

He had 3 or 4 games where he couldn't hit a barn door drom 2 yards but others he looked excellent, like the final game when he scored a lovely goal.

Good signing if he does come.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30115 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 09:55:53 »

Theo + Ajose?

A dream ticket at L2 level or just a mere cat nap?

Isn’t that big young lump Bancroft a striker?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #30116 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 09:58:23 »

A winger.

From U18s manager David Farrell.

JACOB BANCROFT

“He’s got some unbelievable physical attributes, he’s very quick and a bit of a winger really.

“That’s a bit of a diamond in the modern-day game. However, Richie (Wellens) wants to play next season, Jacob will have to try and fit in with that.

“He’s got physical strengths for sure. Pace is his best element. He now has to combine that with awareness of other people and quality of balls that he can deliver into the box.

“His willingness to learn is very high, he has a great chance too.”

Farrell added decision-making proved extremely difficult, and said players that failed to make the grade have every opportunity to prove himself and academy manager Alan McLoughlin wrong in the future.

He added: “Decisions are so hard, you have to try and look to the future and consider how players will develop.

“You’ve got to try and pick out the players that might not develop how you would want them to. It’s always a guessing game, but you go on your experience and what you know about the game.

“Unfortunately, we have to deliver bad news as much as we do good. Sometimes we can be wrong, and it can come back to bite you.”

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30117 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 10:02:32 »

Wellens like a bit of pace, don’t he.

Balls into the box, or lack thereof, certainly wasn’t up to standard in both quality and quantity. Not the usual build for a winger though.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #30118 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 10:06:04 »

Wellens like a bit of pace, don’t he.

Balls into the box, or lack thereof, certainly wasn’t up to standard in both quality and quantity. Not the usual build for a winger though.
No hes a big old lump and looked pretty quick when he came on for his cameo a few games back.

You don't see wingers normally with that build at any level.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30119 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 10:06:18 »

Theo + Ajose?

A dream ticket at L2 level or just a mere cat nap?

NA seemed to do his best work, playing alongside NSSJO in a front 2.... surely not  Hmmm

Ideally you'd want Bancroft to do the Lukas 06/07 role.... come in for a few games or off the bench and get perhaps 5 or so goals... it's those bonus goals which get you up. Brian Wade did it in 85/86, having joined from Trowbridge.

Lukas though was clearly going to be a player, no idea about about Bancroft. Perhaps he could from a partnership with Theo.... "Anne" Bancroft and Mrs Robinson
Pages: 1 ... 2005 2006 2007 [2008] 2009 2010 2011 ... 3964   Go Up
Print
Jump to: