Pages: 1 ... 1995 1996 1997 [1998] 1999 2000 2001 ... 3965   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8870925 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #29955 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 09:54:36 »

Early rumours.

Neal Bishop from Mansfield- although he痴 likely to resign for them

And Ben Whitfield from Vale
Bishop is 37!

Must admit I don't remeber Whitfield and know nothing about him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #29956 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 10:02:17 »

Indeed he is. Was described as a veteran, tbf. From what I gather he has been one of Mansfield痴 stand out players this season.

According to Vale fans his situation there sounds a replica of Bennett痴 at Rovers- talented but not often enough and has fallen out of favour.

All early bollocks I suspect. Both came from the EFL Hub Twitter.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 10:04:19 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29957 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 10:11:44 »

All rumours are good even if they are far fetched. I love us being linked to random players at this time of year.

Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #29958 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 12:29:14 »

I'm looking forward to this transfer window, as for the first time in a while it feels like we may actually have a plan for recruitment with Jewel as DoF.
Obviously if we get to 1st July with no signings, then something has gone very wrong, but I expect us to have at least 4 or 5 key players by then.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29959 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 12:38:12 »

I doubt we will have 5 players in before the end of their contracts on 30th June, there is usually a flurry in the first week of July.

I see RW is speaking about Knoyle and Conroy in the Adver about making contingency plans if neither or if one doesn't sign.

That sounds a bit like either....hurry up and sign on for another season so we can plan who we need to sign or he doesn't think they will sign and telling fans not to worry too much if they don't.

Conroy looks handy and I would like him to sign next year but its no biggie if he doesn't sign, Knoyle for me would be a huge loss at RB where he has been one of ourr most consistant performers alls eason.

Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #29960 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 13:14:54 »

Knoyle - defensively I agree he has performed week in week out, but going forward he is poor. I am honestly not that bothered if he chooses to leave.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #29961 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 14:53:32 »

Knoyle - defensively I agree he has performed week in week out, but going forward he is poor. I am honestly not that bothered if he chooses to leave.

Our left back woes show that we should try and hang on to Knoyle!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29962 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 15:03:29 »

I would personally prefer to keep Knoyle rather than Conroy, also when Knoyle was our best left back all season that tells you something too about our defence!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29963 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 15:09:15 »

But a couple of wingers and let them do the hard stuff. Knoyle can do the defensive bit.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29964 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 17:03:35 »

But a couple of wingers and let them do the hard stuff. Knoyle can do the defensive bit.
Wierdly I am pretty sure that Knoyle's crossing has won us more corners this season than any other player has won for us, Anderson and Woolery could push him but certainly since Wellens has been at the club Knoyle has been one of our best attacking outlets.

The fact that we have been utterly shite from the resulting corner is neither here nor there though.

Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #29965 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 18:14:56 »

See I disagree I find Knoyle totally frustrating to watch attacking wise. His crossing to me is poor, he fails to put balls in when he has a chance and gets stuck on his non existent left foot where he ends up just playing a ball inside or back.
He just strikes me as an above average performer in a poor team, rather than anything else.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29966 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 18:19:49 »

See I disagree I find Knoyle totally frustrating to watch attacking wise. His crossing to me is poor, he fails to put balls in when he has a chance and gets stuck on his non existent left foot where he ends up just playing a ball inside or back.
He just strikes me as an above average performer in a poor team, rather than anything else.
Interesting to see how people view matches differently, I would say hes been my player of the season, the best of a bad bunch.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29967 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 18:27:28 »

My POTY too, but totally understand about crossing. I guess that's why Wellens won't play him as a wing back.

Matt Taylor  aside, I don't thing think we have anyone that can cross.

actually koiki wasn't bad, but isn't ready to be relied on defensively. I'd rather have it the knoyle way round!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29968 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 18:29:13 »

My POTY too, but totally understand about crossing. I guess that's why Wellens won't play him as a wing back.

Matt Taylor  aside, I don't thing think we have anyone that can cross.

actually koiki wasn't bad, but isn't ready to be relied on defensively. I'd rather have it the knoyle way round!
Koiki at times crossed the ball as good as anyone in the division if not a league higher but his defensive skills were appalling, not as bad as Iandolo but for an actual left back he was poor over all. More often than not he would lose the ball cheaply.

REDBUCK

« Reply #29969 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 18:54:38 »

It's a shame we didn't have another half a dozen above average performers. He's a tidy and solid full back for this level which is what he needs to be 90% of the time.

He's more Chris Ramsey than Nicky Sumerbee. Woolery and Anderson should be delivering the crosses.
Pages: 1 ... 1995 1996 1997 [1998] 1999 2000 2001 ... 3965   Go Up
Print
Jump to: