Pages: 1 ... 1969 1970 1971 [1972] 1973 1974 1975 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8938416 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #29565 on: Monday, January 21, 2019, 16:33:09 »

Am unused sub for Braintree on Saturday who are bottom of the national league. Guessing it would just be more a development player than going into the first team.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29566 on: Monday, January 21, 2019, 16:34:03 »

Curran has yet to play for Southend and played only 10 minutes on his loan to Braintree if these stats are to be believed.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/taylor-curran/profil/spieler/633154

It does seem an odd signing but great that we look to be building for next season early! Maybe one for Shirtliff to work with?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #29567 on: Monday, January 21, 2019, 16:34:56 »

If its a permanant deal this must spell the end for Romanski and/or Lancashire as Boo states.

Broadbent will be the only CB under contract come end of June, so makes sense to plan ahead.

I wonder if there will an effort to sign Wolf on a permanent?
Playing well at the moment.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #29568 on: Monday, January 21, 2019, 16:39:35 »

I wonder if Romanski will go on a season long loan next season to a Conference Side? I have my doubts if he'll ever make it as a pro, but you have to remember he is only 18. I remember against Tranmere at home earlier in the season he was catastrophically bad and ended up scoring the winner, swinging at the ball with his right leg, only to see it hit his left and spin in!
Him and Lancashire that day were pretty much the worst centre back partnership we've had in decades, neither won a single header and were all over the place. Thankfully the Tranmere player decided he would karate kick Smith and we didn't have to do much more defending against 10 men especially with half their team being heavily overweight.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29569 on: Monday, January 21, 2019, 16:41:34 »

Don't shoot the messenger. Can only think Romanski & possibly Lancs have gone out.

I think it more likely that Lancashire will retire... he had a career threatening injury, has tried to come back, but you can see he's struggling.  I guess, the insurance payout for something like that wouldn't be too shabby
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #29570 on: Monday, January 21, 2019, 18:33:31 »

Him and Lancashire that day were pretty much the worst centre back partnership we've had in decades, neither won a single header and were all over the place. Thankfully the Tranmere player decided he would karate kick Smith and we didn't have to do much more defending against 10 men especially with half their team being heavily overweight.
Lancashire and Robertson home V Barnet in the 4-1 drubbing was at least as bad TBH, but yes Romanski is touch and go to whether he will good enough for league football as he seems to have gone backwards under Brown.

Wellens did say hes trying to line up a loan to the National League for him this window so a lot could depend on how he develops during the loan.

I think it more likely that Lancashire will retire... he had a career threatening injury, has tried to come back, but you can see he's struggling.  I guess, the insurance payout for something like that wouldn't be too shabby
I am pretty sure Wellens said in a recent interview that Lancashire was close to a being back to fitness and will challenge for a starting place soon.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #29571 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2019, 09:48:17 »

Still think Sid will join before the end of the month.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29572 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2019, 09:50:04 »

Still think Sid will join before the end of the month.
I really hope so, I think him and Broadbent would be a good partnership, Woolf has done ok but I would prefer Sid at the back over Woolf.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #29573 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2019, 09:54:55 »

On the 'wall forum is a quote which is obviously the origin of the Bamboo quote about Sid.

I can tell 100% that Sid wants to stay with you at the very least for the rest of this season, I know this because his Dad told me this morning.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #29574 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2019, 09:57:47 »

I see Wellens has said today its 2 in 2 out in the coming week.

TWO in, two out – that’s the approach adopted by Swindon Town manager Richie Wellens, whose January transfer window business is far from complete.

We understand that Wellens, 38, is set to reveal Southend United teenage defender Taylor Curran as his latest addition ahead of Town’s game on Saturday at home to Crawley.

The 18-year-old is yet to feature for Southend United, but did complete a one-month loan spell at National League outfit Braintree Town earlier this season.

Curran signed a two-year professional contract at Southend in March of last year, but that spell looks set to be cut short with reports claiming he is set to join Town on a permanent.

The teenager is likely to act as a back-up option to current central defenders Luke Woolfenden and Tom Broadbent.

Woolfenden can be recalled by parent club Ipswich Town at any moment, and Wellens stressed after Saturday’s win at Tranmere that he is keen to establish some familiarity in the squad.

We also know that Wellens has his eyes on an attacking winger, to add to the list of five players that he has already introduced to the County Ground this month.

Following a 21-man turnover in the summer under the instruction of Phil Brown, it would not have been of great surprise to Town fans if little business was done throughout January – that was until Brown’s sacking in November.

Now, Wellens looks set to draft in player six with the possibility of a seventh man joining before the turn of the month.

But, at the same time, the Town boss looks set to part company with two players this week – explaining he sees little point in keeping players at the club that are not receiving sufficient game time.

He said: “I still want two more, just because of the chances we’re creating.

“Marc Richards is still coming back from a long injury, he’s a finisher and is getting to 60 minutes.

“I would like someone – one more – that will be a bit of a wildcard and can produce some moments of magic. I’m trying to get that one in.

“We’ve only signed two players in my view, because we’ve lost three loan players and replaced those gaps.

“I’m not a big believer in keeping players that won’t get game time – so two will probably go out this week.”

One player set to depart the club is teenager Joe Romanski, who is understood to be close to joining a National League club based in the north.

Wellens has been impressed by Romanski’s attributes and believes the centre half to be a strong asset to the club with significant room for development in the coming seasons.

A lack of contacts in the south-west however has forced Wellens to speak to clubs in more familiar territory.

Wellens said: “I like Joe (Romanski), he’s a great kid and I’m try to sort him a National League club, I think that is the level he should be playing.

“It is difficult because there are not many clubs of that level in our area, and my contacts down here aren’t great. I’ve spoken to a couple of Conference clubs in the north who are going to look at him.

“He’s a good kid, but needs to develop. And the only way he is going to develop is by playing.”

Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #29575 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2019, 10:29:24 »

On the 'wall forum is a quote which is obviously the origin of the Bamboo quote about Sid.

I like the replies from "Kev" ☺
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29576 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2019, 10:33:12 »

I like the replies from "Kev" ☺
He does need to get out more doesn't he!

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29577 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2019, 15:08:40 »

That isn't the origin quote but the poster on there is "Herman". That poster genuinely does know the Nelson family. Obviously he can't be privy to all details but I'm sure he gets to hear some OTR stuff too.

Things are quiet atm but I do believe we will see Sid back here. It'll be detrimental to his career if Millwall allow him to rot in 5th choice and I don't think he wants to play anywhere else other than Town.

Yep, "KevRelles" certainly an entertaining bloke.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #29578 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2019, 19:25:30 »

I’m not sure a short loan spell would make Nelson blinkered enough to believe we were the only option to progress his career. He had a decent enough loan spell, and other clubs will be aware, so all it takes is for someone to offer a nominal sum that’s more than we offer.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29579 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2019, 20:17:59 »

yup, pretty sure he didn't dream of playing for Swindon as a kid.

he'll take the best option, could still be us
Pages: 1 ... 1969 1970 1971 [1972] 1973 1974 1975 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: