Pages: 1 ... 1956 1957 1958 [1959] 1960 1961 1962 ... 3963   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8868016 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #29370 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 10:15:32 »

I thought Hunt was going to sign on as a player during Jan??
Nothing has been said from the club any rumours have only came from the Swindin fans FB page.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #29371 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 10:33:09 »

Nothing has been said from the club any rumours have only came from the Swindin fans FB page.

I only believe things on that page if Kostiuk has written it...

It's All Good..............
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29372 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 11:43:27 »

I notice Hunt and Rose played together at Pompey, so hopefully that  plays in our favour.
Portsmouth fans love him from what I can see on their forums, but he broke his leg in a bit of a freak accident from a drop ball last season. Quite a few of their fans think he would walk into most league 1 clubs, although that said he was close to joining Crawley earlier in the week. So perhaps the broken leg has put some question marks over him.

He's played 1 league game in a little over a year... and at 30 has never really done much, seem to remember he played a bit for Oxford when they were non league.   So definitely the sort of thing you'd expect us to sign.... as there won't be too many other suitors.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29373 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 12:28:26 »

What flavour? Attacking you'd think.
Danny Rose is a box to box midfielder who prefers to play in the defensive midfielder role, has a great engine as they say, when fit.

Can bag a few goals too has bagged 54 goals from 422 1st team matches (although only 14 of those have come in the football league).

Has captained Oxford and Northampton in the past and has recently came back from a fractured tibia almost exactly a year ago.

Aged 30 he has the experience we could do with and Wellens said he was in talks with Pompey about releasing him from his contract to sign an 18 month deal with Swindon as Wellens plans for next season.

Wellens has said he is not a fan of short deals for players so wants to sign players on permanent transfers if possible.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/danny-rose-on-verge-of-portsmouth-exit-1-8762756
Danny Rose is finalising his Fratton Park departure. The midfielder was scheduled to feature against Southend in tonight’s Checkatrade Trophy clash. However, developments earlier in the day saw him pull out to focus on securing a move away from Pompey. In his absence, Kenny Jackett’s side won 2-0 at Roots Hall, through goals from Louis Dennis and Gareth Evans, to progress into the competition’s quarter-finals. Now Joe Gallen expects Rose’s future to be resolved by Friday. Pompey’s assistant manager said: ‘With Danny, he was down to play but I think there is maybe some potential for some movement on that. ‘But there is more to be confirmed on Thursday or Friday. ‘Developments happened today, but I think there is going to be movement for Danny in the next few days.’ Despite having six months remaining on his Fratton Park deal, Rose has been given the green light to leave. The 30-year-old is desperate for first-team football after just five appearances this season, of which one has arrived in the league. Rose was a key presence in Paul Cook’s League Two title-winning side in 2016-17.

Pompey fans seem to like him and don't want him to leave.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #29374 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 12:39:39 »

Begs the question - just how many more defensive midfielders do we need?

If we’re, obviously, on a budget surely it should be spent on what we lack - winger, striker.

Anyone would think Brown is still recruiting.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29375 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 12:48:35 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
Begs the question - just how many more defensive midfielders do we need?

If we’re, obviously, on a budget surely it should be spent on what we lack - winger, striker.

Anyone would think Brown is still recruiting.

Can only think TD is off or has other issues..
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29376 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 13:01:50 »

Can only think TD is off or has other issues..
Wellens stated yesterday that Toums wants to stay, he didn't state that he (Wellens) wants him to stay though.

I would suggest that Smith and maybe one of other player could leave as stated above we have too many midfielders.

I bloody hope that Doughty does not want to leave, his body language and constant arguing with his own players shows that something isn't right, but as he showed yesterday his class on the pitch is badly needed.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29377 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 13:39:41 »

Random question - whatever happened to Linganzi?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29378 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 13:47:19 »

Random question - whatever happened to Linganzi?
Still without a club according to his FB profile.

I thought he could have done a job this season if he stayed fit but again an excess of midfielders put paid to that.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29379 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 15:20:46 »

Quote from: Peter Venkman
Wellens stated yesterday that Toums wants to stay, he didn't state that he (Wellens) wants him to stay though.

why did he come out with that? Answer to a direct question?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #29380 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 15:25:27 »

why did he come out with that? Answer to a direct question?
It was from Thursday’s press conference
We are sending Robertson out on loan to gain match fitness, he said he had also offered the chance for Diagouraga to get some game time on loan but that he had turned it down and wanted to stay with us.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29381 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 15:51:28 »

weird.

utterly convinced then that whatever is going on goes beyond fitness/ability.
Flashheart

« Reply #29382 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 15:54:40 »

I don't see how that's weird. Not even a little bit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29383 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 17:17:16 »

ok I'll rephrase that. **I** think Diagouraga being offered with a loan move, while Wellens talks of/looks for a new defensive midfielder is weird.

He's not even played under Wellens.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #29384 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 17:36:27 »

ok I'll rephrase that. **I** think Diagouraga being offered with a loan move, while Wellens talks of/looks for a new defensive midfielder is weird.

He's not even played under Wellens.
This. Real shame it's not working out for him because he is comfortably our best player.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 ... 1956 1957 1958 [1959] 1960 1961 1962 ... 3963   Go Up
Print
Jump to: