Pages: 1 ... 1953 1954 1955 [1956] 1957 1958 1959 ... 3963   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8867235 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #29325 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 09:05:44 »

Well Im sure they are right.  Im sure they have intimate knowledge of every player in every team including the youth squads of every league.  Football manager and the internet are wonderful things.

Im afraid I can claim no such knowledge so will have to in my old fashioned way just watch him play a football match or two before writing him off.

Never knowingly overstated.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #29326 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 09:12:33 »

I am not sure why Nelson is being seen as the Messiah, yes he's a decent player, yes he wears his heart on his sleeve, yes he is probably the kind of player that we are lacking, but the world is not going to end if we don't sign Nelson.  It's not as if we haven't shipped goals with him in there.

Much more important we get somebody in at the other end to start putting them away for us.  It worries me that we are putting all of our hopes on House, would much prefer another option to come in and help him out.  It will only take a few missed headers and miss controlled balls for people to start getting on his back like Adabayo and chase him out of town.  A lot of pressure on that young lads shoulders.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Flashheart

« Reply #29327 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 09:26:33 »

I don't know how liking a player and wanting him back equates to thinking he's the Messiah or anything along those lines. A tad verbose? Some people just think he's a decent player.

Signing Nelson would also not necessarily stop us from signing a goalscorer. Why not do both?
Flashheart

« Reply #29328 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 09:42:18 »

RE: Nelson. Seems like a standard transfer negotiation between two Football League clubs to me...

Player set to join
Deal is dead
[Negotiations continue]
Deal is dead
[Negotiations continue]
Deal is dead
[Negotiations continue]
Deal is dead
[Negotiations continue]
Deal is dead
Transfer completed

Standard procedure. We seem to do this once every two years or so.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #29329 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 09:46:43 »

Off topic, it was good to see Diagouraga very active in training yesterday on the clubs YouTube account. He could be like a new signing if we get him fit for the second half of the season. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him start tomorrow with Lincoln being a very physical team.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29330 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 10:06:13 »

Nice to see loads of FB Town fans having already written him off for being shite, 23 with no 1st team games, another loan.....etc etc etc.

Great that so many are willing to give him a chance before hes even kicked a ball for us  Roll Eyes

He is 19 isn't he, not 23?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #29331 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 10:08:43 »

It's been a while since we've done fish puns.

Best I get it started and not leave it to salmon else.

I heard a rumour that due to religious beliefs he can only train 1 day per week. Therefore he gets the full week off to rest, Barramundi.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #29332 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 10:12:47 »

I think RW is just trying to rush it through, maybe he doesn't like the games that get played during transfer windows? Could be playing a game himself to force Millwall's hand?

Millwall seemingly being rather petty about a player they don't want (currently 5th choice CB with no shirt number) but he is their player still.

Still reckon he'll be a Town player (loan ext. then summer signing) soon enough.

I am sure that you would get more credit if you explained how you seem to have this intricate knowledge of Nelson and his family, otherwise its all rather like that poster a few years back who seemed to have an unhealthy amount of knowledge regarding our youth team players?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29333 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 10:33:00 »

He is 19 isn't he, not 23?

PV prob missed out a U.  Meaning he's only played U 23.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #29334 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 10:36:52 »

I don't know how liking a player and wanting him back equates to thinking he's the Messiah or anything along those lines. A tad verbose? Some people just think he's a decent player.

Signing Nelson would also not necessarily stop us from signing a goalscorer. Why not do both?

I was talking about the wider fan base, not necessarily posters on here.  Not like you to pick on one word in my post rather than the overall point I was making FH.

And there is nothing to say we won't do both, just making my opinion known that sign Nelson or not, until we acquire a forward line than can put the ball in the back of the net the signing of Nelson is not the be all and end all.

I'll get back in my box.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29335 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 10:58:28 »

I was talking about the wider fan base, not necessarily posters on here.  Not like you to pick on one word in my post rather than the overall point I was making FH.

And there is nothing to say we won't do both, just making my opinion known that sign Nelson or not, until we acquire a forward line than can put the ball in the back of the net the signing of Nelson is not the be all and end all.

I'll get back in my box.

I think Town fans like a trier..... not sure if it is all fans of other clubs, as my neutral support is somewhat limited.  

It kind of relates to my post about LMc, and how as fans we relate differently to different players, but someone like a Sid people see how they'd like to think they'd be, somewhat limited but giving it their all...cos it's football.

Shaun Taylor the classic example.... in the Prem we conceded 100 goals with Shaun in the heart of defence, but nobody minded.

Joe Butler who was a trier won 2 PotY awards, against the 1 for The Don.  Despite the fact many would say he was our greatest post War player.... there were plenty who felt that his more or less refusal to head the ball, and coming off the CG mudheap with pristine kit, was the mark of someone not really trying.  

Whereas little Joey seemed to appear out of the mud, get a block in, clear one off the line out of a puddle, and occasionally make a telling pass.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #29336 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 11:01:14 »

I think Town fans like a trier.....

I liked Blair Sturrock for precisely that reason.  (There weren't many other reasons.)
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #29337 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 11:02:51 »

I think Town fans like a trier.....

I used to live close to Trier. nice place.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29338 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 11:11:54 »

I used to live close to Trier. nice place.

What do you make of the oeuvre of Lars Von Trier ?
« Last Edit: Friday, January 11, 2019, 11:25:56 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #29339 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 11:20:30 »

What do you make of the ouevre of Lars Von Trier ?

Personally, I think the Dyson is a better piece of equipment.
Pages: 1 ... 1953 1954 1955 [1956] 1957 1958 1959 ... 3963   Go Up
Print
Jump to: