Pages: 1 ... 1892 1893 1894 [1895] 1896 1897 1898 ... 3964   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8870316 times)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #28410 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 20:24:24 »

Yet early rumours of Doughty rejoining were poo-poo’d due to excessive wages, ability and he won’t drop to L2.

On paper, Dave is a bit of a coup for a L2 side as well. It’s these signings that need backing up with equivalents in defence and attack.
On paper I'd say Dave is a bigger coup than Doughty. He's performed consistently well at L1 level for the majority of his career. Doughty on the other hand has had a more up & down time of it at that level. Although Dave's legs have gone according to some already. I'd prefer to give it a bit more time before I judge him personally.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #28411 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 20:46:30 »

On paper I'd say Dave is a bigger coup than Doughty. He's performed consistently well at L1 level for the majority of his career. Doughty on the other hand has had a more up & down time of it at that level. Although Dave's legs have gone according to some already. I'd prefer to give it a bit more time before I judge him personally.
The poor bloke hasn’t even stepped on to the pitch for one moment in League 2 yet....I’m sure I read a Nalis comparison the other day!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #28412 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 21:02:36 »

The poor bloke hasn’t even stepped on to the pitch for one moment in League 2 yet....I’m sure I read a Nalis comparison the other day!
Incredible. He may not turn out to be the signing some of us think he can be but give the poor sod a chance!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28413 on: Friday, August 17, 2018, 00:41:17 »

No, was interested to see how Alzate had done against Lincoln & presumed from your comment that you'd gone.

No... I chatted with a mate who had gone and read the match reports...  no doubt Alzate has some talent, but what can he do with it  Hmmm   I recall seeing Michael Carrick make his debut in a  terrible Town side, after 10 minutes telling my mate he'll play for England. You could just see he understood the game... not massively clever on the ball, but just knew how to position himself around the midfield and influence the game. 

Think it was Ferret who suggested that Keshi Anderson's problem was a lack of football brain.... that's a funny old thing, because you can be as thick as two short planks, yet have that beautiful quality.... see Paul Merson
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #28414 on: Friday, August 17, 2018, 02:06:46 »

Alzate has looked good in each of the league performances to me.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #28415 on: Friday, August 17, 2018, 07:01:08 »

I wonder if Brown is thinking of bringing Eisa in and using him in a left wing back role, and then going 3 at the back?
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #28416 on: Friday, August 17, 2018, 08:40:58 »

I wonder if Brown is thinking of bringing Eisa in and using him in a left wing back role, and then going 3 at the back?

Yes, perhaps.  Once Richards is fit he'll be starting, which might make Brown think about playing 2 up front to make us more direct.  Our current formation is really a 4-5-1 rather than a 4-3-3.  Anderson and McGlashan aren't getting very close to Adebayo. 
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #28417 on: Friday, August 17, 2018, 08:46:52 »

+1. Very talented player
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #28418 on: Friday, August 17, 2018, 09:51:05 »

Crash
Rubbish!!  He hasn't scored a hat-trick in any of the games he has played, so he cannot be any good!!   Doh Doh Cheesy Cheesy Fishing.
REDBUCK

« Reply #28419 on: Friday, August 17, 2018, 09:56:14 »

And Reg's mate is the all seeing eye.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28420 on: Friday, August 17, 2018, 10:07:24 »

+1. Very talented player

Nobody is saying that he hasn't a talent, rather what is he doing with that talent.  It isn't easy to impose yourself on games, obviously B and H A, have sent him here to try and develop that aspect.... we shall see. 

Milner was another we had, who straight away you could tell he'd be a player, nothing fancy, just immediately into the game.... great attitude.  It's taken him a long way.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28421 on: Friday, August 17, 2018, 10:37:37 »

I understand what you are saying Reg, but its surely to early too make that call.

Carrick did stand out immediately, though Milner already had some experience.

My counter example would be Matt Ritchie. Remember thinking he started off extremely averagely for us in comparison to Holmes (?) he was competing/replacing when he first came on loan? Think it was 5 or 6 games in and he suddenly clicked up a gear. Then another. Then another..

Will be interesting to see which way it goes, hopefully hes more Ritchie than Colkett on the influence scale.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #28422 on: Friday, August 17, 2018, 10:51:22 »

I understand what you are saying Reg, but its surely to early too make that call.

My counter example would be Matt Ritchie. Remember thinking he started off extremely averagely for us in comparison to Holmes (?) he was competing/replacing when he first came on loan? Think it was 5 or 6 games in and he suddenly clicked up a gear. Then another. Then another..

Will be interesting to see which way it goes, hopefully hes more Ritchie than Colkett on the influence scale.

First loan spell Matt Ritchie couldn’t get into our team ahead of Danny Ward.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #28423 on: Friday, August 17, 2018, 11:04:01 »

I have always thought that it is very dependant upon the manager style and his playing background whether a player progresses to his true potential. Ritchie blossomed under Di Canio without a doubt and listening to the Loathed Stranger Podcast with Aaron Oakley who rated Di Canio very highly, that may have been the catalyst that rubbed off onto Ritchie. If Phil Brown can do something similar with the current squad then I will be quite happy.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28424 on: Friday, August 17, 2018, 11:10:14 »

Absolutely fair comments....  watching players and passing sentence is a major part of fandom though... we've all got different opinions, and sometimes our initial views need to changed... nothing wrong with that.

It'll be interesting to see if PB finds a place for Dunne tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 1892 1893 1894 [1895] 1896 1897 1898 ... 3964   Go Up
Print
Jump to: