Pages: 1 ... 1881 1882 1883 [1884] 1885 1886 1887 ... 3963   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8867391 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #28245 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 07:35:06 »

Cheers.

So today is basically irrelevant. How odd.
Its more of a show day for the Premier League permanent transfers.

Today is the last day that we can sign players who are under contract without signing them as a loan first basically, the deadline for players not under contract is also 31st August this year and not all season as it has been in the past.

Largely irrelevant for the FL as you say, August 31st the real FL deadline day.

From the EFL.
EFL clubs have officially voted through proposals that will see the EFL transfer window close following the opening game of the League season.

Consultation with clubs has been ongoing since last year and as a result of a vote, the window will now close for permanent transfers from another club on Thursday 9th August 2018 at 5pm, which is aligned with the decision the Premier League opted to take in September 2017.

In addition, EFL clubs will still be able to:

*    Sign players on Standard Loan up to the 31st August 2018
*    Sign players on Standard Loan up to 31st August 2018 with an option to agree a permanent transfer when the next window opens
*    Register players who ceased to be registered with a club during the period up until 31st August 2018
*    Transfer players OUT to a club in any League whose window is still open

The EFL was under no obligation to make any changes and the Board adopted a neutral position on the matter ensuring that clubs were provided with the appropriate information in order to fully consider the implications and come to a decision that benefitted their own individual transfer policies.

EFL Chief Executive Shaun Harvey said: “After discussing the options throughout the course of the last few months, I’m pleased that the matter has been determined by clubs ahead of the start of next season.

“This new approach will give clubs and managers the stability they crave earlier in the season whilst also providing the flexibility to add to their squads after the traditional deadline until the end of the month if required.”

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #28246 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 08:22:43 »

I’d imagine the offer for Fortune was based on what we thought he was worth, not what we could afford.

Anyway, Deadline Day - thank God it closes at 5pm instead of the usual 11pm.

Hope to see 2 in today. Weird that nobody has a clue who they may be. The club have been really tight this year.

Nobody heard anything because it's likely no one is lined up. Today is deadline day, but not for us. I'd be very surprised if we saw any incomings today.

We are looking at free agents and loans, still plenty of time for them.

aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #28247 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 08:34:16 »

I would guess that it’s far more likely we will sign someone tomorrow, once clubs higher up the leagues have got their permanent signings sorted today.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28248 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 08:36:41 »

Nobody heard anything because it's likely no one is lined up. Today is deadline day, but not for us. I'd be very surprised if we saw any incomings today.

We are looking at free agents and loans, still plenty of time for them.

It does make sense for PB to hold fire until the last minute, as we don't know how the current crop of injuries will pan out.

Think we've still got a couple of loans to play with.
Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #28249 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 08:37:17 »

I would guess that it’s far more likely we will sign someone tomorrow, once clubs higher up the leagues have got their permanent signings sorted today.

Players & Staff would be traveling up to Lincoln tomorrow. Possibly next week and after  
Peter Venkman

« Reply #28250 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 09:01:34 »

Think we've still got a couple of loans to play with.

Clubs are allowed to have eight players on loan, but can only field a maximum of five loan signings in any one game.

They can only sign a maximum of four players from a specific club, of which only two can be over the age of 23.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28251 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 09:07:29 »

Not a good idea to over stock on loans as we found out under Luke.... personally I don't like the idea of having 5, although having 5 and perhaps playing 3 max is OK. Saturday I think we fielded 2 loans and that is about right.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #28252 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 09:12:28 »

Not a good idea to over stock on loans as we found out under Luke.... personally I don't like the idea of having 5, although having 5 and perhaps playing 3 max is OK. Saturday I think we fielded 2 loans and that is about right.
There is no doubt that loans are not happy if they aren't playing and its difficult to keep them all happy, also they are not always in it for the interests of the club as we have found out. The option is there if needed though.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #28253 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 09:30:17 »

I have a feeling we will get in 1 or 2 players today in time for Saturday, possibly loans, 1 defender and 1 striker. Even though we can still get loans and freebies in for 3 more weeks, I do feel we need some extra strength at the back and up front in time for Saturday.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28254 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 09:30:28 »

There is no doubt that loans are not happy if they aren't playing and its difficult to keep them all happy, also they are not always in it for the interests of the club as we have found out. The option is there if needed though.

For me it's about signs of intent... it was probably easier a few seasons back when you could get in short term emergency loans, but peak loan side was the Preston defeat outfit.  You had Jack Strephens and Jordan Turnbull who were decent together, then 3 had a go at LB Smith, Bell, before alighting on Toffolo.

Jon Swift came in January then Ricketts for the end of campaign.  Early doors we had Lelan who wasn't much cop because, at the time we had no CB's.  Now when you have to have them seemingly for 6 months at least it's more difficult.  I think that Cooper side rarely had more than 4 starting.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #28255 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 09:37:01 »

Apparently Peter Odemwingie is in his car in the CG car park waiting to sign Wink

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28256 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 09:54:59 »

Apparently Peter Odemwingie is in his car in the CG car park waiting to sign Wink

Did Steve Lomas give him a lift?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #28257 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 09:57:31 »

Did Steve Lomas give him a lift?
No, Dean Ashton did.

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #28258 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 11:49:16 »

I think we need a couple of permanent additions and then we can add 1 or 2 loans to add competition for places.

We definitely need a defender that can cover at full back to put pressure on Knoyle and cover his inury, and I would suggest we need another striker as if Brown intend to play with the big man up top then at the moment we have no injury cover and we struggle to play a different way, as we noticed when Norris got injured last season

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #28259 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 12:31:14 »

That STFC Rumourmill Twitter account is right out of the loop these days - Where's Chang when you need him  Hmmm
Pages: 1 ... 1881 1882 1883 [1884] 1885 1886 1887 ... 3963   Go Up
Print
Jump to: