Pages: 1 ... 1767 1768 1769 [1770] 1771 1772 1773 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8936653 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #26535 on: Monday, May 7, 2018, 09:25:05 »

If PB gets the Town job then he could go for Anthony Wordsworth who has just been released by Southend, experienced box to box attacking midfielder who played a fair few games under PB and has scored a lot of goals from the middle of the park.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26536 on: Monday, May 7, 2018, 09:30:13 »

If PB gets the Town job then he could go for Anthony Wordsworth who has just been released by Southend, experienced box to box attacking midfielder who played a fair few games under PB and has scored a lot of goals from the middle of the park.

My understanding is that he's joining Keates at Walsall.....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #26537 on: Monday, May 7, 2018, 09:50:12 »

My understanding is that he's joining Keates at Walsall.....
The pull of a higher division would probably clinch the deal with Walsall staying up, I know Erhun Oztumer is leaving for a team in a higher league (he thinks) so would be a like for like I guess.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26538 on: Monday, May 7, 2018, 10:17:47 »

The pull of a higher division would probably clinch the deal with Walsall staying up, I know Erhun Oztumer is leaving for a team in a higher league (he thinks) so would be a like for like I guess.

Wordsworth was tempted by rumours that Shelley Rudman was being brought in next season as consultant personal fitness trainer.....
Sir red ken

« Reply #26539 on: Monday, May 7, 2018, 11:35:59 »

Based on past experience isn't it to early to be hypothesizing that PB will get the managers job? Perhaps mid August they'll be an announcement as to who the new manager is and then a flurry of signings from the non league and season long loans. STFC don't pay a summer time management retainer wages. If no money comes in, no money goes out.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26540 on: Monday, May 7, 2018, 11:51:46 »

The transfer window slams shut the day before the start of the season doesn’t it?

So don’t think we can dick around waiting for cheapo/bargain basement deals really.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sir red ken

« Reply #26541 on: Monday, May 7, 2018, 12:01:44 »

The transfer window slams shut the day before the start of the season doesn’t it?

So don’t think we can dick around waiting for cheapo/bargain basement deals really.
Free signings and loans can be acquired after the transfer window closes. Failing that there's the youth squad to fall back on.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26542 on: Monday, May 7, 2018, 15:50:50 »

Wordsworth was tempted by rumours that Shelley Rudman was being brought in next season as consultant personal fitness trainer.....
Not sure he's Hardy enough to withstand that regime
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #26543 on: Monday, May 7, 2018, 16:06:45 »

My view is getting things in place before a ball is kicked in anger is worth 9 extra points to a season.

We have fucked about for two seasons now.

Name the manager, get rid, get in, organise pre season more than a week in advance, get a few more in and start the season.

Waterford away in a friendly would be welcome.

Clems Army!
Sir red ken

« Reply #26544 on: Monday, May 7, 2018, 20:08:49 »

My view is getting things in place before a ball is kicked in anger is worth 9 extra points to a season.

We have fucked about for two seasons now.

Name the manager, get rid, get in, organise pre season more than a week in advance, get a few more in and start the season.

Waterford away in a friendly would be welcome.
That's how it should be done but its not the Swindon way. We're more about a last minute panic and then chewing up another manager or 3 per season. It's worked this season we're right about where our owner wants us to be, no need to change a winning formula.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #26545 on: Monday, May 7, 2018, 20:18:01 »

I’m going to put my hand in the air for David Hopkin at Livingston as an up and coming manager. He’ll also bring in Da Vita who is ace and so for that reason I vote for Mr Hopkin to be installed for Town for next season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Flashheart

« Reply #26546 on: Monday, May 7, 2018, 20:39:44 »

I've a hunch it'll be Taylor, and I'd be quite happy with that.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #26547 on: Monday, May 7, 2018, 20:40:33 »

I've a hunch it'll be Taylor, and I'd be quite happy with that.

Ooh Shaun?

Flashheart

« Reply #26548 on: Monday, May 7, 2018, 20:45:42 »

Ooh Shaun?

Imagine that and if he had somebody like Digby, Calderwood or Shearer as assistant. I'd never ever want to see a manager succeed more.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #26549 on: Monday, May 7, 2018, 20:46:53 »

Imagine that and if he had somebody like Digby, Calderwood or Shearer as assistant. I'd never ever want to see a manager succeed more.

Under the Hammond command it’s possible! Wink

Pages: 1 ... 1767 1768 1769 [1770] 1771 1772 1773 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: