Pages: 1 ... 1765 1766 1767 [1768] 1769 1770 1771 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8934346 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26505 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 14:09:09 »

Shrewsbury fans say he is the worst defender they have ever seen Sad his bad discipline let them down many times.

I will reserve judgement until I have seen him as Walsall fans said Preston was useless and Northampton fans said Taylor was useless and past it and Shitty fans said El Abd was one of the worst players they had ever seen.
We said Branco was one of the worst, yet he’s a regular player in the Portuguese PL.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #26506 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 14:27:20 »

We said Branco was one of the worst, yet he’s a regular player in the Portuguese PL.
He would have excelled in this division for us, L1 did seem a bit beyond him though. I am still shocked hes doing ok for Boavista having played 17 games for them this season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26507 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 14:31:20 »

He would have excelled in this division for us, L1 did seem a bit beyond him though. I am still shocked hes doing ok for Boavista having played 17 games for them this season.
Maybe he has better players around him there that compensate for/hide his weaknesses?
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #26508 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 14:36:44 »

In an interview the other day Brown said he knew Marc Richards and was chatting to him. I wonder if the new defender comes on his recommendation?
He also used to play for Pat Fenlon at Hibs. I'm sure Mr Power will have had a word.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #26509 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 14:51:43 »

Maybe he has better players around him there that compensate for/hide his weaknesses?
Almost certainly.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #26510 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 14:53:48 »

He looks like Iwan Thomas's love child Cheesy

Panda Paws

« Reply #26511 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 15:26:43 »

Shrewsbury fans say he is the worst defender they have ever seen Sad his bad discipline let them down many times.

I will reserve judgement until I have seen him as Walsall fans said Preston was useless and Northampton fans said Taylor was useless and past it and Shitty fans said El Abd was one of the worst players they had ever seen.

El Abd was shite - the Shitheads were right.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26512 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 15:49:28 »

Let’s be honest, the bar has been set pretty low regarding our available CBs.

Got to be an upgrade on Robertson and Lancashire.

What is it about Flitcroft’s training methods that produces so many long term injuries - especially as he did the same at Bury?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26513 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 15:51:56 »

Some said Branco was no good... others begged to differ.

Often it can be something like in the case of Branco, he had an operation for injury in the summer, came back into a struggling team, and needed a bit of time to get up to full match fitness.

You'd imagine that someone like Lancashire's performances might improve, if he hadn't been carrying an injury
Flashheart

« Reply #26514 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 15:58:06 »

We were told that Preston was awful, he did OK. Didn't Oldham fans say that Banks was one of their worst every players? He's done OK. Some supposedly 'good' players also turn out to be shite.

This guy, if he joins, might be great, might be terrible or he might be somewhere in between. We just have to wait and find out. As with just about every other player may or may not join.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #26515 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 15:59:09 »

Let’s be honest, the bar has been set pretty low regarding our available CBs.

Got to be an upgrade on Robertson and Lancashire.

What is it about Flitcroft’s training methods that produces so many long term injuries - especially as he did the same at Bury?
I was talking about this to a Swindon supporting mate recently, under Macari many years back we had the fittest side I have ever known, and that was over his entire Swindon managerial career. We always threatened teams late on in games with our fitness levels.

But, we could not remember any long term injuries to any player that were longer than 2 or 3 weeks out or that weren't caused by a bone fracture while playing.

It was so very rare for a player to not play because of a "training injury".

Yes of course the pace is probably a little faster these days and maybe training is more intense but it was not heard of much at all, players hardly ever suffered tactical injuries either as everybody wanted to play in every game.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #26516 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 16:06:56 »

We were told that Preston was awful, he did OK. Didn't Oldham fans say that Banks was one of their worst every players? He's done OK. Some supposedly 'good' players also turn out to be shite.

This guy, if he joins, might be great, might be terrible or he might be somewhere in between. We just have to wait and find out. As with just about every other player may or may not join.
Also some players play better in different formations/different roles than they previously had, some players just "fit" clubs and visa versa, right piece of a jigsaw that fits.

The jury is always out until we have seen 2 or 3 performances in a side at least to see how they gel with their surroundings, some players take a whole season or more to come good like Tim Parkin who in his first season was awful but his 2nd he was one of our best players yet playing with the same players and in the same division.

I still say that McGivern does sound like a perfect signing if you don't read forums, 25 international caps and was at Man City for 5 years at the start of his career.

Lets see before we write him off, I expect the FB group have him down as out worst player ever already before he has kicked a ball for us.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26517 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 16:19:07 »

Also some players play better in different formations/different roles than they previously had, some players just "fit" clubs and visa versa, right piece of a jigsaw that fits.

The jury is always out until we have seen 2 or 3 performances in a side at least to see how they gel with their surroundings, some players take a whole season or more to come good like Tim Parkin who in his first season was awful but his 2nd he was one of our best players yet playing with the same players and in the same division.

I still say that McGivern does sound like a perfect signing if you don't read forums, 25 international caps and was at Man City for 5 years at the start of his career.

Lets see before we write him off, I expect the FB group have him down as out worst player ever already before he has kicked a ball for us.

It's reckoned that there are more injuries now because of the hardness of pitches, as opposed to the mud heaps of the past.   Also players are more muscular.... particularly in the top 2 divs, where physicality is prized over footballing ability, which leads to things going ping.

Macari's methods consisted of little more than running and keeping them out of the pub, sufficient for the time.  Wenger is largely credited with changing the culture of English football.... the likes of Merson and Adams would have to change their ways to play now.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26518 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 16:21:49 »

And us with our new training facility and all . . . Oh, hang on
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26519 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 17:14:00 »

And us with our new training facility and all . . . Oh, hang on

Ossie's and Glenn's training methods were a bit different to Lou's, a bit less running, more ball. Lou just used to get them running around the path that borders the Extension. Ossie used the Wills Ground, and Glenn the BR Ground.... less dog shit.

When they were too wet, which was often, Glenn would get them doing keepy uppy with a volleyball net, on the astro throwing/jumping area of the athletics track.

John Gorman was quite keen on running, sending them up through the Lawns.

They would all occasionally use the CG pitch.... for set piece work. Glenn would make it fun, by hoofing the ball and getting Oggy Hunt to fetch it like an obedient cur.

By comparison, Wanborough which began probably McMahon era, was a decent facility.... didn't necessarily mean we played better mind.
Pages: 1 ... 1765 1766 1767 [1768] 1769 1770 1771 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: