Pages: 1 ... 1759 1760 1761 [1762] 1763 1764 1765 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8960285 times)
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #26415 on: Friday, February 2, 2018, 00:19:21 »

Endersby was a pretty good keeper. Bad attitude at the end though.....
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #26416 on: Friday, February 2, 2018, 00:32:41 »

Good god, with a bit of research I could name an entire 11. David Peach, Gary Emmanuel, Roy Greenwood, Gareth Hall, Bobby Howe, Shaun Close, Brad Barry, Anton Rodgers, BOO, Brian Hughes, Blair Sturrock, Eric Sabin, Michael Pook, David Duke, Kevin Baddeley all made over 50 appearances. Jeez, Matt Hewlett even made 200 apps! Trickier finding a keeper who keeps the shirt for over 50 games, since they practically never include substitute apps - harsh, but maybe a toss-up between Phil Smith and Scott Endersby.

Didn't realise Bart Greimink played 140+ times for us and David Duke 230+

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #26417 on: Friday, February 2, 2018, 08:46:57 »

Good god, with a bit of research I could name an entire 11. David Peach, Gary Emmanuel, Roy Greenwood, Gareth Hall, Bobby Howe, Shaun Close, Brad Barry, Anton Rodgers, BOO, Brian Hughes, Blair Sturrock, Eric Sabin, Michael Pook, David Duke, Kevin Baddeley all made over 50 appearances. Jeez, Matt Hewlett even made 200 apps! Trickier finding a keeper who keeps the shirt for over 50 games, since they practically never include substitute apps - harsh, but maybe a toss-up between Phil Smith and Scott Endersby.
Harsh on Emmanuel and Endersby as both won player of the season awards when with us. Endersby won the Adver player of the year and Emmanuel won the supporters player of the year in his 3rd season with us, yes he started badly but was better than a lot of players, had a great engine...hence his nickname Ivor the engine.

Endersby was a short keeper but a great shot stopper, runs a pub just outside of Kettering now and is still a good bloke and always loves a chat about his old Swindon days, he just had a bit of a gambling and drink problem at the time.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #26418 on: Friday, February 2, 2018, 09:29:55 »

And I would put Brophy below all of them, no redeeming features at all. Yes he had pace but when you can’t pass or control
A football it’s utterly pointless.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #26419 on: Friday, February 2, 2018, 09:49:54 »

And I would put Brophy below all of them, no redeeming features at all. Yes he had pace but when you can’t pass or control
A football it’s utterly pointless.
To be fair Norris and Dunne also can't control the ball or pass it to a team mate.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26420 on: Friday, February 2, 2018, 10:09:28 »

Say what you like, we had a better transfer window than West Ham:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/01/west-ham-suspend-tony-henry-racism-claim-sign-african-players

Smiley
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #26421 on: Friday, February 2, 2018, 10:12:41 »

Apparently Brophy played 72 games for us, is he the worst player to ever play 50+ games for Town? Can’t be many worst that have played as much?

Michael Pook got over 100
Panda Paws

« Reply #26422 on: Friday, February 2, 2018, 10:14:58 »

James Dunne is absolutely nowhere near as bad as half of the names mentioned. He's a L2 DM who runs around kicking people and banging balls into the channels, but he's had a good career, and will continue to.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #26423 on: Friday, February 2, 2018, 10:17:43 »

James Dunne is absolutely nowhere near as bad as half of the names mentioned. He's a L2 DM who runs around kicking people and banging balls into the channels, but he's had a good career, and will continue to.
And you are entitled to your opinion as am I, I think Dunne is up there with the worst, and I am by no means alone in thinking he is in no way good enough for a L2 team.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #26424 on: Friday, February 2, 2018, 11:35:28 »

Granted he has had some shockers, but i actually agree with you here
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #26425 on: Friday, February 2, 2018, 11:42:12 »

Dunne is dogshit, sorry, massive weak link.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #26426 on: Friday, February 2, 2018, 12:40:13 »

Granted he has had some shockers, but i actually agree with you here

He has his limitations, but agree he’s not as bad as some make out.

His biggest problem is his distribution is poor. So, often when he wins the ball back if there’s not a simple pass on he just gives it away again.
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #26427 on: Friday, February 2, 2018, 12:48:28 »

He has his limitations, but agree he’s not as bad as some make out.

His biggest problem is his distribution is poor. So, often when he wins the ball back if there’s not a simple pass on he just gives it away again.

Hence  "dogshit"

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26428 on: Friday, February 2, 2018, 12:59:56 »

Dunne is on a par with Pook for me.  When we played 4-2-4 earlier in the season I got why him and Linganzi played in the middle for those running around looking busy reasons - he didn't need to be effective, just look like he might be in the way.  Pook is a rare thing in football, he looked just as bad in the warm-ups - usually footballers have a decent skill set to have made it in the game at any level and it's just in a game under pressure they can't make it work, Pook looked bad when playing on his own.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #26429 on: Friday, February 2, 2018, 13:04:20 »

Not quite 50 appearances but Alan O'Brien made 40 appearances for us. I really wanted him to become one of the best wingers we ever had but he just could not cross a ball. Someone should've had a word in his ear and told him to be a 100m sprinter. Probably would've had a more successful career. Amazing runner - crap footballer. Shame.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 1759 1760 1761 [1762] 1763 1764 1765 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: