Pages: 1 ... 1739 1740 1741 [1742] 1743 1744 1745 ... 3963   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8867514 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #26115 on: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 11:06:33 »

Goddard is quality

Agreed - defo something there with him. Flitcroft is often quite complimentary of "Johnny G" and he's been highlighted as the most technically gifted player in the squad. I think when fit, he could be a real option in the new 3412 shape as the 1, but he does need to start impacting games more, and put together a couple of months of good performances.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #26116 on: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 11:07:01 »

Goddard is quality
I've never been sold on him tbh. Thought we missed him earlier in the season but then when he came back from injury, I remembered why I don't rate him.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #26117 on: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 11:12:35 »

He's certainly technically capable but his end product has been very poor for his whole town career. He's done it in the conference so should be capable in League Two. Needs to show it soon though.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26118 on: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 11:17:42 »

I've never been sold on him tbh. Thought we missed him earlier in the season but then when he came back from injury, I remembered why I don't rate him.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I'm with you on this. Never been impressed with Goddard and he has such feeble upper body strength that it only takes the smallest of nudges to ease him off the ball.

I think he's a bit of a shitebag really.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #26119 on: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 11:27:19 »

I think Goddard is one of those players most fans have taken to and want to do well but it just hasn't happened and unlikely to do so. He needs to go elsewhere for a fresh start. I don't think we'll miss him too much as we've currently got Anderson who can find blind alleys from free space. Good luck to the lad as and when he goes. I wish him well. Both sides had a crack at it, it hasn't really worked out.   
Panda Paws

« Reply #26120 on: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 11:59:29 »

I think Goddard is one of those players most fans have taken to and want to do well but it just hasn't happened and unlikely to do so. He needs to go elsewhere for a fresh start. I don't think we'll miss him too much as we've currently got Anderson who can find blind alleys from free space. Good luck to the lad as and when he goes. I wish him well. Both sides had a crack at it, it hasn't really worked out.  

We haven't got Anderson for much longer - last game on Saturday unless it's extended, and no word on that yet.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #26121 on: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 12:20:24 »

Isn't Goddard the TEF's player, could someone not ask him why he plays so shit when they get him as their bitch for the day (or however it works)?

I have been surprised we have not seen more of Twine after DF got all unnecessary about him in pre-season??
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #26122 on: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 12:39:16 »

He's certainly technically capable but his end product has been very poor for his whole town career. He's done it in the conference so should be capable in League Two. Needs to show it soon though.
This.

Yes he has talent but seems a little off the pace and a bit weak for league football currently.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #26123 on: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 12:41:45 »

I have been surprised we have not seen more of Twine after DF got all unnecessary about him in pre-season??
DF said that he hoped part of his loan deal with Chippenham could have allowed him to play a part in our EFL games with them being aimed at U21 players etc. I think he rates him and could make the bench more often if several loanees go back.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #26124 on: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 12:57:12 »

Goddard is one of those players that needs to be in a like minded team to work. If he was surrounded by other players that create space and can pass first time etc etc i think he would be a good player. Needless to say that is not our team at the moment. Anderson has been the better player because his game is more direct, he picks the ball up and turns and runs at players, he is not about intricate triangles etc.

Will be sad to see Goddard go but he doesn't work with our current set up.

Not a chance Twine will be a Flitcroft player long term. Every other player he has inherited he has talked up to the media and then binned as soon as he can. Thomas/Vigs/Goddard/T Smith.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #26125 on: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 13:13:02 »

I'm with you on this. Never been impressed with Goddard and he has such feeble upper body strength that it only takes the smallest of nudges to ease him off the ball.

I think he's a bit of a shitebag really.
Weak, slow and little end product. He has moments but they're few and far between.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26126 on: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 13:16:11 »

You can see why JG ended up in the Conference, and you can see why someone involved in STFC thought he might be worth a punt. Just not worked out.... it happens.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #26127 on: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 13:26:01 »

Goddard reminds me of Anthony MCNAMEE in that he has flashes, and can look quite good on the ball, but when you strip that back and look at end product and there’s not a lot there

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #26128 on: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 14:45:38 »

*cough* rumours *cough*

Flitcroft reckons we'll have one in by Saturday, maybe two.
Flashheart

« Reply #26129 on: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 14:46:11 »

They're also trying to make Anderson permanent.
Pages: 1 ... 1739 1740 1741 [1742] 1743 1744 1745 ... 3963   Go Up
Print
Jump to: