Pages: 1 ... 1625 1626 1627 [1628] 1629 1630 1631 ... 3963   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8867773 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24405 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 17:01:00 »

The last one is worth a read. We want Morecambe to stay up next season they could be well and truly fucked, and we're going to need 2 basket cases. In the words of Bono, on Feed The World. "Thank God it's them instead of you"  Which I've always thought a bit harsh.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #24406 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 17:13:22 »

Ideal? Come on.

There's absolutely nothing to suggest Alan Mac would be able to do anything like the job we need.
Only inasmuch as he thinks the style doesn't work. That's a start!
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #24407 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 17:19:02 »

Alan Mac was a great player for us,but he is the most negative person I've heard commentate on Town games.

I even texted in my disapproval to BBC Wilts and Hodgetts mocked me on air for daring to speak out against him.

I dread him commentating as he seems to relish us losing or playing badly and heaps praise on the opposition.

Can't stand the man,and I can't imagine how young players would respond to such a dull,negative person.

Give him the job,anything better than Williams

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #24408 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 12:14:29 »

Someone coming in now can't change the style of play to much as it is what the players as used to and to do that now would probably be detrimental to our chances so they can only tweek certain things and try and get the concentration, fitness, tactics etc correct to give us a fighting chance of staying up
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24409 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 12:45:59 »

Someone coming in now can't change the style of play to much as it is what the players as used to and to do that now would probably be detrimental to our chances so they can only tweek certain things and try and get the concentration, fitness, tactics etc correct to give us a fighting chance of staying up

Our players have already downed tools and are metaphorically "on the beach".  There's about 10 weeks of the season left, holidays will have been booked....those with no clubs will have their agents on the look for new clubs. The end of the season can't come soon enough for the players...even more so for the fans.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #24410 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 13:22:38 »

Our players have already downed tools and are metaphorically "on the beach".  There's about 10 weeks of the season left, holidays will have been booked....those with no clubs will have their agents on the look for new clubs. The end of the season can't come soon enough for the players...even more so for the fans.
Totally agree. The time for action was Jan and we totally fucked it. It's nice to see Tim having responsibility for signing exactly the same type of player as power ie not what we fucking needed. I notice even Nathan had given up at rovers. This season has gone and as power thinks the Swindon way is fine then more of the same next season when our players will look even more like a 3 year old that has lost his mum.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #24411 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 13:26:17 »

Exactly why I can forgive Hylton for his strop/ protest, call it what you will. We have players who appear not to give a toss at the moment whereas he wants to play and try.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #24412 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 14:55:32 »

Disagree - although it is a fair point to suggest the vast majority of Managers would indeed struggle to make much of a change in tactics etc.  Why I disagree is Wise in 07.  He may have been an idiot and not quite sure what he did with career after the stint with us to be honest, must have been driven by money.  However, his approach is exactly what would sort this lot out - simple, basic, easy to implement - limited in long term success I'd wager, but clear benefits for a team looking t make a quick change and win a few games with limited options.  The "Wimbledon" approach of pressing small quadrants of the pitch (doesn't need long ball) turned our team around at that time.  One of the few times I have watched football and seen tactics actually being used on the pitch which showed clear drilling on the training ground.

Right now, that could work for us.  Not a guarantee, but it could.  The majority of Managers though offer very little in terms of tactical ability - how many could go an be a success in Italy for example?  Williams is part of a newer breed who seem intent on the style and approach with the ball, which while noble in lifting the technical ability of players it does rather assume they have the intelligence to work stuff out for themselves on the pitch.  Branco is great example of why that doesn't work - give them simple basic jobs they are drilled in, teach them the technical stuff to enable them to express when they have the ball, but you probably need more focus on time without the ball for most teams at most levels to be honest.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24413 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 15:07:56 »

damn right Roberto.

I remember wise used to talk to every player before the game to make sure they knew exactly what was expected of them. He got them fit and organised..

Poyet was probably having a big input too..
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #24414 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 16:35:51 »

I thought it was widely accepted that Poyet was the brains behind the operation? Not disputing what you're saying at all as our approach is definitely unnecessarily complicated for the personnel and has been for ages - for reference, try to recall Ward as a ball playing defender
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24415 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 16:55:06 »

I thought it was widely accepted that Poyet was the brains behind the operation? Not disputing what you're saying at all as our approach is definitely unnecessarily complicated for the personnel and has been for ages - for reference, try to recall Ward as a ball playing defender

Gus Poyet has had an interesting career since shitgate..... at one point he seemed to be heading for higher things, but it's gone wrong. This season got sacked early doors at Depor, who didn't seem particularly bad to me, but the fans seemed to loathe his style of play.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #24416 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 12:20:30 »

I see Waterford to buy Tom Smith according to a tweet.
Whether any substance in that  Hmmm
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #24417 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 12:23:16 »

If he does leave us for them on a perm deal then the club can get fucked i will be done with it. Also before any of the smart arses try telling me it will be like the Miles Story syndrome again as well.It isn't. 
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #24418 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 12:25:08 »

I see Waterford to buy Tom Smith according to a tweet.
Whether any substance in that  Hmmm

Wouldn't surprise me with Power flog him for pennies to waterford buy him back at stfc for pounds

Shouldn't happen though from what I have seen on Smith he looks capable of playing in our team now with some of the crap we have playing
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #24419 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 12:33:34 »

Wouldn't surprise me with Power flog him for pennies to waterford buy him back at stfc for pounds

Shouldn't happen though from what I have seen on Smith he looks capable of playing in our team now with some of the crap we have playing

Why on earth would a young player on the periphery (at worst) of the 1st team squad in English third tier choose to go to the Irish second tier? Just because Power owns both clubs he cannot force the player to go anywhere?
Pages: 1 ... 1625 1626 1627 [1628] 1629 1630 1631 ... 3963   Go Up
Print
Jump to: