Pages: 1 ... 1572 1573 1574 [1575] 1576 1577 1578 ... 3964   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8869227 times)
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #23610 on: Thursday, January 12, 2017, 11:03:03 »

Apparently Dagenham want 250 INCLUDING add ons for wassisface.

I could see us doing 150k + a few bits and bobs. Would he be worth it though or, more to the point, would Power think he's worth it.

Depends how well he takes to L1 football, if he does an Austin, he will go for 6 figures, if he does a Benyon then he will be back where he was...... 150k is worth a gamble imho
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23611 on: Thursday, January 12, 2017, 12:20:11 »

All our players are injured frequently because they aren't fit. Some may be prone, but it's been pretty obvious for 18 months that they aren't being managed well physically.

I have an issue with this. I am not denying they look unfit. Absolutely they do.

What gets me is they must have professional fitness coaches, physio and access to kinds of medical assessments that us mortals are unlikely to have. The experts must think they are fine fitness wise, rehabilitating correctly and so on.

Surely we don't ignore the experts, it would be against our own interests to do that.
Flashheart

« Reply #23612 on: Thursday, January 12, 2017, 12:30:13 »

Do non-league players with without access to professional facilities and staff pull up with injuries all the time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23613 on: Thursday, January 12, 2017, 12:49:19 »

Do non-league players with without access to professional facilities and staff pull up with injuries all the time?

Arsenal always have injuries, do they not have good health professionals?

I don't get your point TBH. Some health professionals are the issue?
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #23614 on: Thursday, January 12, 2017, 12:51:12 »

I have an issue with this. I am not denying they look unfit. Absolutely they do.

What gets me is they must have professional fitness coaches, physio and access to kinds of medical assessments that us mortals are unlikely to have. The experts must think they are fine fitness wise, rehabilitating correctly and so on.

Surely we don't ignore the experts, it would be against our own interests to do that.
I suppose it is the level those fitness coaches etc are at though that could be the issue. If we are paying peanuts for wages i can't imagine we pay out for top fitness coaches etc
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23615 on: Thursday, January 12, 2017, 13:06:54 »

When Harry Cousins was in charge of fitness we didn't get too many injuries. If you went down, he ran on with his bucket of ice water, stuck a sponge down your shorts and told you to run it off....ergo you tended not to go down.

John Trollope once broke his arm after about 360 games in a row...which did put him out for a bit, before coming back and missing about 30 odd of the next 400 games.

Harry was definitely old school, he played 300 odd games for us, including one season with broken foot.....I don't think he'd have much time for Nathan and his problem.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #23616 on: Thursday, January 12, 2017, 13:17:36 »

We live in a post expert society, we are just being one of the forward thinking clubs embracing this new approach.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #23617 on: Thursday, January 12, 2017, 13:42:16 »

When Harry Cousins was in charge of fitness we didn't get too many injuries. If you went down, he ran on with his bucket of ice water, stuck a sponge down your shorts and told you to run it off....ergo you tended not to go down.

John Trollope once broke his arm after about 360 games in a row...which did put him out for a bit, before coming back and missing about 30 odd of the next 400 games.

Harry was definitely old school, he played 300 odd games for us, including one season with broken foot.....I don't think he'd have much time for Nathan and his problem.

But we're now in the age of the squad, in my opinion it would be remiss for a player to play through injury and not be 100% on the pitch when another player can take his place. 

It's all well and good saying players used to play through the pain barrier and that they were real men etc. but it's just not responsible to do so anymore.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #23618 on: Thursday, January 12, 2017, 15:20:00 »

All our players are injured frequently because they aren't fit. Some may be prone, but it's been pretty obvious for 18 months that they aren't being managed well physically.

In October LW was saying players have still not reached match fitness. I think this is a crucial point. Someone once said to me if your physically unfit, You not mentally fit which would explain the loss of concentration and focus.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #23619 on: Thursday, January 12, 2017, 15:55:10 »

In October LW was saying players have still not reached match fitness. I think this is a crucial point. Someone once said to me if your physically unfit, You not mentally fit which would explain the loss of concentration and focus.

If they are not match fit by now they are never going to be, if fitness is an issue then something fundamentally wrong has happened, your coaches might not be tactically great, but if they cannot even get the players fit that is just rubbish.
bilko

Ignore
« Reply #23620 on: Thursday, January 12, 2017, 16:18:35 »

I used to play for a conference side and we were always told if your not fit by November when the pitches starting getting heavier you never would be. And with the comments LW made in October about players not being match fit well that is totally bad management and it does effect the mentality of the players particularly in the last period of the game.
When we had Di Canio as manager we had the fittest squad in the league - had the best defence and scored the most goals in all the leagues apart from Man United  - now we have the third worst defence in the league and cant score - our lot would be useless in a brothel.
Being fitter than the rest makes you mentally strong  were not fit and mentally weak.

I hope these new players give our players a boost and we start performing now and get up the league table.

Last season we lost 19 games all season this season weve lost 13 and really need to win 10 out of the remaining games to stay up as I believe Coventry will pull away from trouble and maybe one other. Its in our hands and the next four games are key for our season I believe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #23621 on: Thursday, January 12, 2017, 16:31:05 »

Who did you play for?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #23622 on: Thursday, January 12, 2017, 20:46:48 »

I used to play for a conference side and we were always told if your not fit by November when the pitches starting getting heavier you never would be. And with the comments LW made in October about players not being match fit well that is totally bad management and it does effect the mentality of the players particularly in the last period of the game.
When we had Di Canio as manager we had the fittest squad in the league - had the best defence and scored the most goals in all the leagues apart from Man United  - now we have the third worst defence in the league and cant score - our lot would be useless in a brothel.
Being fitter than the rest makes you mentally strong  were not fit and mentally weak.

I hope these new players give our players a boost and we start performing now and get up the league table.

Last season we lost 19 games all season this season weve lost 13 and really need to win 10 out of the remaining games to stay up as I believe Coventry will pull away from trouble and maybe one other. Its in our hands and the next four games are key for our season I believe.

I agree with most of what you say, although we weren't even the highest scorers in Division Four (in fact three teams in our division scored more goals in the league than us, and one of them didn't even make the play-offs).  What was our most impressive stat from that season was that we didn't concede goals, particularly at home.  

In fact after throwing away a lead and drawing with Hereford on the 8th October we only conceded ONE league goal for the rest of that season.  Di Canio was so shocked that he signed the player that scored it Smiley

A strong foundation at the back is (and always will be) a recipe for success. Something we have forgotten as a team
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #23623 on: Thursday, January 12, 2017, 20:57:55 »

I agree with most of what you say, although we weren't even the highest scorers in Division Four (in fact three teams in our division scored more goals in the league than us, and one of them didn't even make the play-offs).  What was our most impressive stat from that season was that we didn't concede goals, particularly at home. 

In fact after throwing away a lead and drawing with Hereford on the 8th October we only conceded ONE league goal for the rest of that season.  Di Canio was so shocked that he signed the player that scored it Smiley

A strong foundation at the back is (and always will be) a recipe for success. Something we have forgotten as a team
He didn't....

We did have some record that season however...I'd take a back line of Caddis-McCormack-Flint-McEveley right now which is how we finished that season.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #23624 on: Thursday, January 12, 2017, 21:37:47 »

He didn't....

We did have some record that season however...I'd take a back line of Caddis-McCormack-Flint-McEveley right now which is how we finished that season.

Would cost you a fair bit in transfers as well
Pages: 1 ... 1572 1573 1574 [1575] 1576 1577 1578 ... 3964   Go Up
Print
Jump to: