Pages: 1 ... 1440 1441 1442 [1443] 1444 1445 1446 ... 4030   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9267529 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #21630 on: Thursday, June 16, 2016, 16:45:42 »

With Ajose's record excluding us we are never going to get as much as many believe we should, £800k is about market value. He's the ultimate fox in the box striker in this league but his all round game probably won't cut it at Championship level in my opinion.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21631 on: Thursday, June 16, 2016, 16:46:36 »

Can i be the first to say i think we should have got more? And then to splash half of it on a very average keeper is just as disappointing

Clearly Power thinks Vigs can improve and become a saleable asset.  An interesting move, the only keeper who I can think of who we got a fee for would be Mildy. As for Ajose....good move all round, we got a badly needed keeper, he doesn't go and rot in Div 2, and Williams can tinker with a one up front....Goddard playing off, and scoring the goals (hopefully)
Flashheart

« Reply #21632 on: Thursday, June 16, 2016, 16:47:03 »

People whinge that Power doesn't pay money and when he does, people whinge about that as well. If Liverpool rejected a bid for 300k from us, many would have been calling it a PR stunt.

He's damned if he doesn't, and he's damned if he does.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21633 on: Thursday, June 16, 2016, 16:53:52 »

Clearly Power thinks Vigs can improve and become a saleable asset.  An interesting move, the only keeper who I can think of who we got a fee for would be Mildy. As for Ajose....good move all round, we got a badly needed keeper, he doesn't go and rot in Div 2, and Williams can tinker with a one up front....Goddard playing off, and scoring the goals (hopefully)

Do you not think we'll buy a replacement for Ajose? An unpolished gem from non-league? Or do you think Hylton is going to feature more this coming season?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #21634 on: Thursday, June 16, 2016, 16:57:50 »

Clearly Power thinks Vigs can improve and become a saleable asset.  An interesting move, the only keeper who I can think of who we got a fee for would be Mildy. As for Ajose....good move all round, we got a badly needed keeper,
I had never thought about it till you said that, but yes, I don't recall us ever selling a keeper for money other than Mildenhall (my memory could be fucked though).

We have had some very very good keepers in the past but they always seem to go out of contract and choose to leave or are given free transfers.

Mildenhall was a £150k transfer fee which must be by far and away the most we have ever recieved in fees for a keeper.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #21635 on: Thursday, June 16, 2016, 16:58:08 »

People whinge that Power doesn't pay money and when he does, people whinge about that as well. If Liverpool rejected a bid for 300k from us, many would have been calling it a PR stunt.

He's damned if he doesn't, and he's damned if he does.

There's spending and spending....400 grand on vigoroux is excessive in my opinion.half that and id say decent deal

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21636 on: Thursday, June 16, 2016, 16:59:17 »

Do you not think we'll buy a replacement for Ajose? An unpolished gem from non-league? Or do you think Hylton is going to feature more this coming season?

I wouldn't care to speculate.....I recall that it was Lingy who advocated 2 up front, so whether LW does or not  Hmmm

Also Michael Smith is still our player I believe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #21637 on: Thursday, June 16, 2016, 17:03:49 »

Journos on the Charlton end suggesting 800k is some way above the fee
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #21638 on: Thursday, June 16, 2016, 17:04:49 »

I have a feeling we will try and sign a youngster on a season loan who has been banging them in at academy level like Shayon Harrison at Spurs.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #21639 on: Thursday, June 16, 2016, 17:09:08 »

There's spending and spending....400 grand on vigoroux is excessive in my opinion.half that and id say decent deal

I agree with you that it's seems excessive, but that's not the point.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21640 on: Thursday, June 16, 2016, 18:25:17 »

400k for vigs, fuck off, I bet that's got a score the winning goal in the copa America, win Wimbledon and knock out Anthony Joshua clause in it.

Dissapointed Ajose looks to be staying in league 1 to be honest. until we get a replacement couple of strikers it's a shit deal for us. well we are much more shit because of it, excuse me if I don't cum over a 400k net profit after losing the leagues second most potent striker
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #21641 on: Thursday, June 16, 2016, 21:02:47 »

400k for vigs, fuck off, I bet that's got a score the winning goal in the copa America, win Wimbledon and knock out Anthony Joshua clause in it.

Dissapointed Ajose looks to be staying in league 1 to be honest. until we get a replacement couple of strikers it's a shit deal for us. well we are much more shit because of it, excuse me if I don't cum over a 400k net profit after losing the leagues second most potent striker
Ajose's not done much so far in his career to warrant a really big offer from a Championship club. He's not yet succeeded in the second division and he is hardly one of those complete strikers that would be attractive to most clubs. As far as we know, £500,000 was the most a Championship club was willing to pay for him. I don't see £800,000 for Ajose as being a 'shit deal' and there's plenty of time to bring in a replacement, who could turn out to be another Ajose, or an Elliot Benyon.

£400,000 for Vigs is another matter. I think most would agree that it is a heck of a fee for a player who would need to improve a lot in order to recoup that outlay.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21642 on: Friday, June 17, 2016, 06:41:10 »

what I mean is, if we really pay 400k for vigs - which I doubt - 400k left to replace ajose less wherever power doesn't reinvest is a bit disappointing as a fan.

but I do like the twitter  suggestion the vigs deal would be tied up in a way that other loans follow Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21643 on: Friday, June 17, 2016, 07:06:38 »

It's probably not even a 400k net profit anyway.
As you've taken apart the Vigs deal to suggest we have only paid a fraction of the fee and the rest of it is add ons and clauses (and probably rightfully so) then you can do the same (again, probably rightfully so) for the Ajose deal.

We might have got 600k upfront for Ajose and paid 50k upfront for Vigs or we might have got 200k upfront for Ajose and paid 300k upfront for Vigs or we might not trigger all the clauses (both transfers) and end up receiving 500k and spending 250k....

....and it will all be undisclosed anyway.
So, unless it becomes common practise in football to actually publish the full details of transfer fees any numbers banded about are pretty pointless.

I have no idea how the Vigs deal is structured but 400k seems excessive for an average L1 keeper.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #21644 on: Friday, June 17, 2016, 07:29:52 »

but 400k seems excessive for an average L1 keeper.

How would you know that when you've never seen him play?
Pages: 1 ... 1440 1441 1442 [1443] 1444 1445 1446 ... 4030   Go Up
Print
Jump to: