Pages: 1 ... 1421 1422 1423 [1424] 1425 1426 1427 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8971571 times)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #21345 on: Thursday, April 28, 2016, 21:14:23 »

It certainly won't be anything close to £1million up front, not with Nicky's record above middling L1 sides. Power bargains well but can't see him clawing in more than 500k plus add-ons. It'll be then billed as max total possible value as/if/when he leaves. But to reach top end of that price bracket will depend on appearances/goals.
I'm basing my assumption on the money he's got for the likes of Gladwin, Luongo & Byrne, the fact that he's a proven goalscorer in a poor side where at times he has been starved of any real service, the 2 years left on his contract, the fact that people will pay for goalscorers & the general inflation in prices of these types of players (Gayle, Assombalonga etc). There's enough factors imo to warrant a fee in excess of 500k up front. The fact he hasn't scored goals at Posh & Leeds is irrelevant. He hardly had an extended run in either side & his valuation has to be based on current form rather than a couple of ill fated spells at clubs that didn't give him a proper run!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #21346 on: Thursday, April 28, 2016, 21:39:15 »

Bet we get 200k and 6 members of the U16 team in exchange
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #21347 on: Thursday, April 28, 2016, 22:05:20 »

I'm basing my assumption on the money he's got for the likes of Gladwin, Luongo & Byrne, the fact that he's a proven goalscorer in a poor side where at times he has been starved of any real service, the 2 years left on his contract, the fact that people will pay for goalscorers & the general inflation in prices of these types of players (Gayle, Assombalonga etc). There's enough factors imo to warrant a fee in excess of 500k up front. The fact he hasn't scored goals at Posh & Leeds is irrelevant. He hardly had an extended run in either side & his valuation has to be based on current form rather than a couple of ill fated spells at clubs that didn't give him a proper run!

Those 3 came out of pretty much nowhere, and were too good for L1 almost straight off Imo. NJ has been up and hasn't shone yet.  I'm also aware the 3 players that moved up haven't shone yet, so I'm not really sure what my point is bar, it wont be anywhere near a million, and i'm still expecting the other 3 to do well next season.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21348 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 07:48:57 »

For some reason I thought Ajose was older than 24.

I'm more on the batch way of thinking, I would imagine that perhaps one of the sides that get promoted this season (Burton or Walsall maybe) might take him for 300-500k. Don't think we'll get anywhere near 1 million but Power isn't going to undersell him, that's for sure.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #21349 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 08:25:05 »

For some reason I thought Ajose was older than 24.

I'm more on the batch way of thinking, I would imagine that perhaps one of the sides that get promoted this season (Burton or Walsall maybe) might take him for 300-500k. Don't think we'll get anywhere near 1 million but Power isn't going to undersell him, that's for sure.

There isn't a sell on with Leeds is there?  I think I'm right in saying they terminated his contact so we could have take him off the payroll. If that is the case and we do get 500k slap a decent sell on/appearance fees on top and we could do quote bicentenary from it. Use it to compliment Beeks up top perhaps a cheeky bid for Keen because he looks like he would consider staying of his loan is extended. 
Fingers crossed Norwich avoid the drop and perhaps try and prize Louis back on a permanent as he isn't getting a chance in the prem.
Also do we have an option on Yasser? If so activate just to command the fee, my opinion is they know already that he and NA are on the way out.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #21350 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 08:44:59 »

Those 3 came out of pretty much nowhere, and were too good for L1 almost straight off Imo. NJ has been up and hasn't shone yet.  I'm also aware the 3 players that moved up haven't shone yet, so I'm not really sure what my point is bar, it wont be anywhere near a million, and i'm still expecting the other 3 to do well next season.
I agree with the fact that we won't get a million for him but I believe the factors I've mentioned argue a good case for getting somewhere in the region of that for him. Fwiw I agree with many on here in that if I had a choice between keeping him or Obika it would be the latter.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #21351 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 11:32:55 »

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the decent players we have managed to sign, eg Ajose, will have only signed so long as there is a clause in their contract that allows them a transfer out of the club before the contract expires if certain conditions are met, for example size of fee offered, interest from a club from a higher division, if Town get relegated etc etc. We're a pretty good shop window club.

Ajose's goals have saved us from relegation, and they'll probably get him a move to a club willing to pay the minimum fee and who can up his wages. Wolves at best?
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #21352 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 11:45:29 »

I think Ajose will struggle else where, our system suits him best.
Not many Championship Clubs play with front two.
Anything above £500k I would take.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #21353 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 12:00:12 »

The key thing for me this time whoever we sell is that the money get's re-invested in the playing squad, whether that be increasing the playing wages budget or being able to sign a couple of players for a fee.

I dont want to be hearing from Power about fee's are not paid up front as the same applies why would we pay up front if we had money coming in spread over x months we would do the same and spread it out.

The sale of players last season really hurt us with having to bring in too many new players and wait for them to get used the the league, hopefully Power has learnt that lesson and this time can add quality and maybe 1 or 2 experienced Pro's to help - and get the business done early.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #21354 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 12:04:04 »

I'm basing my assumption on the money he's got for the likes of Gladwin....

Says that he's got for them. Have we seen accounts to show we got the money or was 90% of it contingent on Gladwin scoring a hat trick for Kenya in the finals of the Euros?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #21355 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 12:25:46 »

If we sold Ajose I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up back here on loan again.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21356 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 13:41:39 »

If we sold Ajose I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up back here on loan again.

Nathan Byrne next season anyone?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #21357 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 14:51:01 »

Could do worse and he needs games!
The Louis Thompson deal must be up for criminal review, how on earth did we sell a player for so much and then essentially keep them for two years?  He's only got a year left at Norwich, the could always cut their losses ahead of time, especially if they stay up.
Why do people keep saying we need to buy some experienced players? we know damned well Power doesn't want to do this.  Zero chance of re-sale value.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #21358 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 14:59:39 »

He's been average at best, though. Personally, I've had enough of returning old players.

Lets see some new faces - decent like Doughty, and comically bad like Ojamaa.

Be good to get a modicum of experience but I doubt it

bilko

Ignore
« Reply #21359 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 15:24:07 »

Have to agree with Blinkip if he goes to the wrong club and the style of football doesnt suit Ajose game it will be Leeds all over again for him. Personally i think L1 is his level as some defenders in this league had him in their pocket and the championship defenders are much higher quality. Personally i think he will go to another L1 side like Franchise or Sheffield United. Personally i would rather keep Obika anyway if i had the choice of keeping one as he does so much for our side in holding the ball up - his pace and power and he's a nightmare for defenders whereas Ajose as good as he is in the box that is his game and without the service he's had from Obika if he goes to a side that dont offer him the service Obika gives him he could struggle.
To be fair to Ajose he has scored alot of goals for us in a poor side and poor season and a defence that has more holes than a cullander.
So seems like a few will be moving on and a rebuild again.
Kasim moving on
Ajose moving on
Obika?
LT back to Norwich
Doughty back to QPR (but i heard he was available on a free dont know if thats true or not)
Turnbull back to Saints (personally i think he is only a L1 level player)
Vigoroux back to Liverpool & will we see him back ?
Kean back to Norwich or could we see him back on loan next season?
Michael Smith to be sold
Marshall - sounds like he will be moving on
Pages: 1 ... 1421 1422 1423 [1424] 1425 1426 1427 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: