Pages: 1 ... 1225 1226 1227 [1228] 1229 1230 1231 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8972706 times)
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #18405 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 17:38:25 »

I gave my "rudderless ship" views the other day and unfortunately seemed to upset one or two posters.

surely even if they are waiting until July 1st to announce players some preseason friendlies have been set up by now (other than villa).

it's been a bit one way do far, players exodus and cooper seemingly has a fair chance of leaving. ..buzz...

A week or two ago I can understand it. But the staff were all back last week/the week before. Even if it's not the one guy who's job it is to usually update twitter/make announcements, there should be at least one person ready to post updates when they happen.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18406 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 17:40:19 »

you are preaching to the converted here jay.

The fan base could do with something positive after that Wembley shambles. clubs pr had been shocking since Wray left to be honest.

first question: does the general manager actually do anything?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #18407 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 17:41:56 »

At the risk of taking something from Facebook at face value, ASD fully expects Cooper to go early this week and to have a manic week, so those worrying about a lack of news may have something to properly worry about soon enough.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18408 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 17:43:38 »

guess we should be careful what we wish for Smiley

was hoping for something positive though..
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #18409 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 19:03:31 »

I am not necessarily sure it is that negative, I would be more worried if it was Williams we were talking about.  I would guess it's his job if he wants it, depends on whether he wants to be the top dog or just the man behind the tactics/coaching.

I think this will give Power the chance to bring in his own man, rather than mould somebody that was already in place.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #18410 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 19:25:25 »

Twitter seems to like the rumour
Seems based on the fact he is mates etc with Standing and that he was at the home playoff leg
I was standing at the home play off leg. Can be his assistant?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #18411 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 19:47:30 »

Low budget or not, Cooper has had our most talented group of players for years - the leagues best 'keeper, youth international standard loanees, free scoring strikers and most impressively a set of midfielders comfortably worth over £5 million between them.

If he can't deliver a promotion with that lot, however commendable an effort last season was, I do not think the man will ever deliver one.

For that reason, and the fact Power has proven to be more than shrewd in the transfer market, I would not be devastated to lose Cooper. I would of course wish him well and I do not wish to sound like I am down playing what he has done, however I do not think he can take us any further.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #18412 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 19:58:28 »

Anyone else getting seriously fucked off that there's been no communication from the club whatsoever over this break so far?

I'm sure there are many.

Not this guy though.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #18413 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 05:29:06 »

I was standing at the home play off leg. Can be his assistant?

I am standing on one leg at home. On balance therefore I must be the man for the job.
DRS

« Reply #18414 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 05:50:56 »

Low budget or not, Cooper has had our most talented group of players for years - the leagues best 'keeper, youth international standard loanees, free scoring strikers and most impressively a set of midfielders comfortably worth over £5 million between them.

If he can't deliver a promotion with that lot, however commendable an effort last season was, I do not think the man will ever deliver one.

For that reason, and the fact Power has proven to be more than shrewd in the transfer market, I would not be devastated to lose Cooper. I would of course wish him well and I do not wish to sound like I am down playing what he has done, however I do not think he can take us any further.
Agree with this. My only other concern is though is that as many have said that it's williams who is the brains so i would argue he has to shoulder as much as the responsibilty which is why i struggle to understand how so many would be happy for him to take over
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #18415 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 06:33:24 »

whether or not Williams is the 'brains' behind the success, the combination of the two works. Thus I'd be keen to hold onto Cooper

I come from a land down-under
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #18416 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 06:40:31 »

What came first though, the chicken or the egg? These things only became true as a result of last season, and definitely weren't prior to that. Yes, they had potential that's why they were brought in. If it were obvious that they were as good as you say then most certainly wouldn't have been tipping "a tough season ahead" which seemed to be the general close season consensus last year.

Cooper did a bloody good job with the players at his disposal. If we could have sorted the defence out and/or turned up at Wembley then we'd be playing Championship football. The buck obviously has to stop with him but it's harsh to say he's taken us as far as he can. I'm not sure anyone else will do any better with our budget/lack of a team at the moment. Will be delighted to be proved wrong obviously, however I suspect there's plenty of "candidates" out there who'll do a hell of a lot worse.
Flashheart

« Reply #18417 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 06:42:17 »

We can speculate till the cows come home, we just have to wait and see what, if any, effect changes in staff will make.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #18418 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 06:58:48 »

I find myself agreeing with Chang on this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #18419 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 07:15:17 »

I find myself agreeing with Chang on this.

Me too
Pages: 1 ... 1225 1226 1227 [1228] 1229 1230 1231 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: