Pages: 1 ... 3532 3533 3534 [3535] 3536 3537 3538 ... 3988   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9160764 times)
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #53010 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 15:24:01 »

So where's the stamement from the club saying were in the shit or as usual is it just speculation and someone  is playing chineese  whispers.
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #53011 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 15:24:14 »

Harries, Dabre, Parsons, Cowmeadow, Massey, Williams, Roberts, Iandolo, Brynn, Jephcott, Tomlinson, Baudry and Kadji have all left the club since the end of the season, with a grand total of one loan in. If the budget has been cut to the extent that all of those players have not been enough to free up funds for one or two in, then there will be much unhappiness to come.

That's thirteen players, of which at least six would have been on proper pro wages.

Could you do me a favour? Walk around your house until you find something that resembles a microphone, pick up it, then drop it and walk out of that room.
You’ve won the post of the day. That really hits home how big the squad was and what money was wasted.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #53012 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 15:26:00 »

Of them 4 were loans, 5 were youth players on minimal wages, Harries wouldn't have been on big wages........

So you've only really saved Williams and Baudrys wages....

The state of our finances , means we cannot afford 'Big name' quality signings

Young loans and 2nd rate experienced players like Harries are what we can look forward too

So we’ve already moved on from the 5 loans you mentioned  Girl Giggle
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #53013 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 15:29:14 »

Actually, experienced players "like" Harries are what I do expect just better judgement on the players abilities this time.  Somehow he had managed to be a L1 player!  But I very much doubt we bring in L1 "names".  A few more FBT's - not someone we necessarily recognise, but has league games under their belt.  Basic competence is needed, not match winners.

If we assume Austin is still way above L2 level in terms of finishing, we need a team built to get chances in the box.  We need players like Wakeling and Hepburn-Murphy given some knowledge and know how behind them.  We need Clayton to have a centre back pairing who can talk him through certain moments in a game (not be better than him).  MacDonald was not great, but it was alarming just how far we fell off without him - because the youngsters we have need reminding of positions at times, or to stay in the corner when we are winning late on.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #53014 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 15:29:27 »

Harries, Dabre, Parsons, Cowmeadow, Massey, Williams, Roberts, Iandolo, Brynn, Jephcott, Tomlinson, Baudry and Kadji have all left the club since the end of the season, with a grand total of one loan in (and Dworzak signing pro). If the budget has been cut to the extent that all of those players have not been enough to free up funds for one or two in, then there will be much unhappiness to come.

That's thirteen players, of which at least six would have been on proper pro wages.

Throw MacDonald into that as well
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #53015 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 15:30:40 »

So we’ve already moved on from the 5 loans you mentioned  Girl Giggle
Thats why we’ve no money, they’re still discussing wages.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #53016 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 15:34:02 »

Loans still need paying.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #53017 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 15:34:41 »

So where's the stamement from the club saying were in the shit or as usual is it just speculation and someone  is playing chineese  whispers.

With all due respect, the club can barely announce a player's contract extension properly so I find it highly improbably we're going to get Clem, Rob Angus or AN Other representing the club coming out and saying we've had to rethink our budgetary arrangements as the coffers have run dry.

At least not until the window for Season Ticket sales are finished anyway.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 7, 2023, 15:38:02 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #53018 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 15:36:58 »

I'll add some more examples of why it's know how and not big name quaility.

Khan - imagine he could be an asset with someone next to him to reel him in from time to time.  Calm him down, remind him where he is positionally on the pitch, keep him focused on defending when needed etc.  Also, that same head can recognise Hutton getting too far forward and know to fill in or stay deep when we are attacking.  That head does not need to be A Grant ability wise for L2 because Khan and Hutton can do the attacking work,the flair stuff.  It's another reason we looked shakier without Gladwin in midfield.  He wasn't working at L2 promo levels, but he likely steadied the ship.

Sprinkle in a couple of good youngsters, maybe on their second loan, and we could eek out a competitive team.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #53019 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 15:37:55 »

Loans still need paying.

Not nearly as much - if they are played regularly.  Most are done via a lump sum fee reduced by games played.  Good value if you get the right ones.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #53020 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 15:38:37 »

With all due respect, the club can barely announce a player's contract extension properly so I find it highly improbably we're going to get the club coming out and saying we've had to rethink our budgetary arrangements as the coffers have run dry.

At least not until the window for Season Ticket sales are finished anyway.
thanks bob probably  makes more sense but a bit of clarity from clem or angus to give us abit if incite whats going on because its been pretty dull.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #53021 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 15:39:47 »

thanks bob probably  makes more sense but a bit of clarity from clem or angus to give us abit if incite whats going on because its been pretty dull.

I wouldn't hold your breath fella. Smiley

Is the fans forum still happening before the season begins?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #53022 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 15:40:48 »

I wouldn't hold your breath fella. Smiley

Is the fans forum still happening before the season begins?
i wont hold my breath Pint
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #53023 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 15:57:46 »

Throw MacDonald into that as well

I had him originally, but we signed McEachran and Brewitt after he left on deadline day, so that money could be spoken for realistically. The ones who left EOS or since are simply off the books with nobody into replace them as yet.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #53024 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 15:59:18 »

No one should hold their breath, it's not good for you. If anyone's doing it now, start breathing again immediately!
Pages: 1 ... 3532 3533 3534 [3535] 3536 3537 3538 ... 3988   Go Up
Print
Jump to: