Pages: 1 ... 3528 3529 3530 [3531] 3532 3533 3534 ... 4013   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9222866 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #52950 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 17:56:17 »

"Aaron Lewis and Brennan Dickenson training with us #MTFC #Stags" (twitter)
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #52951 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 17:56:47 »

He’s allegedly training with Mansfield and odds on to end up there
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #52952 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 18:06:17 »

https://twitter.com/WFCOfficial/status/1675897194598256641

Confirmed- that's a bit of a shame, would have fit the bill nicely.
Quite pleased, as I thought he looked blooming awful against us!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #52953 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 18:08:21 »

"Aaron Lewis and Brennan Dickenson training with us #MTFC #Stags" (twitter)

Fair enough, no direct source was just a name that cropped up today a couple of times off line.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #52954 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 18:10:33 »

On the topic of unconfirmed rumours we’ve heard offline today. I heard we were genuinely in for Raglan but he decided on a move back nearer home with Oldham.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #52955 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 18:13:10 »

On the topic of unconfirmed rumours we’ve heard offline today. I heard we were in for Raglan but he decided on a move back nearer home with Oldham.

Shows how little gap there is between non league and league two for a player to be able to make that decision. I presume if the pay diff was bigger they would not have valued being close to home as much.

My logical brain just keeps saying there is loads of time still. My emotional brain just says for the love of god sign some decent players already to get us excited and try and quell any fan worries.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #52956 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 19:21:20 »

Biggest billy bullshitter since Power. Just with a bigger ego.

Xav is also a bit like this and the current board are always looking to spin whatever they can - they'd be better off in the House of Commons.

Getting your ego put on a pedestal is no crime but they could at least try to make it look less obvious.

Usually the kind of blokes who walk upto a bird in a bar and thinks their 'status' is enough. Even when she's said she aint interested - they don't take no for an answer. Modern day bigots that somehow seems to generationally linger on from the hangover of the misogynist end of the 80s. You just know it with Shandy and Xavy.

I assume you are being ironic by mentioning misogynist and "bird" in the same paragraph or that you are just a bit of a twat?

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #52957 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 19:21:35 »

My logical brain says that there is no reason for us to be lagging behind others on recruitment, except that we may not be paying competitive wages. That’s a concern. We want to be ahead of the pack. We’re not trending in that direction - in League Two…  everyone seems to be saying to themselves “don’t panic”. But we’re all starting to wonder…
« Last Edit: Monday, July 3, 2023, 19:26:16 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #52958 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 19:25:55 »

My logical brain says that there is no reason for us to be lagging behind others on recruitment, except that we may not be paying competitive wages. That’s a concern. We want to be ahead of the pack. We’re not trending in that direction - in League Two…

Indeed. Flynns comments about inflation didn't help that line of thinking. I get he was trying to come across as prudent, but nobody apart from the owners really gives a shit about his budget management.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #52959 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 19:36:12 »

I have no idea where we sit on the budget scale. Obviously we’re not near the top but you’d like to think we’re competitive. Either way, you’d expect clubs with serious ambitions to be promoted to be competing for the best performing players in the division from the “lesser” teams.

What is different this year is that there as a lot more clubs willing to throw money round and that raises the baseline salary for the best players in this divisions fishing pool. This comes back to my point earlier on in the summer that whilst money doesn’t guarantee success, more moneybags in this division will hinder our own season IF (emphasis on “if”) Flynn’s 1st or 2nd choice targets in positions are missed out on, we’re then left with hoping the “leftovers” options are good enough.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #52960 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 19:36:18 »

so we have a possible young player. but may be just a youth.

a young keeper in.

maybe someone from Eastleigh.

the experienced signings can't come soon enough to calm the deja vous feeling.

The two OOC Eastleigh CBs last season I think are 25 and 29. Think the 29yr old had played a chunk at FL level, poss L1. The younger one was a Spursy reject and has been rebuilding his career. Think either would be a decent option go compliment FBT, Clayton and the other lad we brought in but can remember his name

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #52961 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 19:46:54 »

I have no idea where we sit on the budget scale. Obviously we’re not near the top but you’d like to think we’re competitive. Either way, you’d expect clubs with serious ambitions to be promoted to be competing for the best performing players in the division from the “lesser” teams.

What is different this year is that there as a lot more clubs willing to throw money round and that raises the baseline salary for the best players in this divisions fishing pool. This comes back to my point earlier on in the summer that whilst money doesn’t guarantee success, more moneybags in this division will hinder our own season IF (emphasis on “if”) Flynn’s 1st or 2nd choice targets in positions are missed out on, we’re then left with hoping the “leftovers” options are good enough.
Surely the better players - and loanees - are those who leave it late before choosing the best deal available to them. Obviously, some of the average players will not find a club at all. If that’s how it works.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #52962 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 19:57:33 »

I assume you are being ironic by mentioning misogynist and "bird" in the same paragraph or that you are just a bit of a twat?

It would have been awfully nice if you knew how to quote. Well spotted, of course, it was ironic...that was, the point but clearly ruffled your feathers by having to resort to calling me a twat.

Congratulations, here's a box of bait 

===========

Rumour - Christian Norton, George Friend.

'Incessant Nonsense'

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #52963 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 19:58:05 »

George Friend is going to Bristol Rovers
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #52964 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 19:58:57 »

George Friend is going to Bristol Rovers

Is that definite though? I know he's been on trial (no pun) there and played v Melksham...no harm in him trialing for us Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 3528 3529 3530 [3531] 3532 3533 3534 ... 4013   Go Up
Print
Jump to: