Pages: 1 ... 3115 3116 3117 [3118] 3119 3120 3121 ... 3963   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8867388 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #46755 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 19:54:26 »

It doesn't fit in with Sandro's model of recruitment
Tbf it does. It's just many have taken snippets from interviews and ran with the bits they think won't work or what they perceive to be the risky bits.

He has said numerous times they are using a data driven model but will still sign players of any age if they improve the team
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #46756 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 19:56:26 »

From totalswindon:

Sol Bamba is seriously considering Swindon’s offer to join the club as a player-coach. He spoke with Clem Morfuni last week and has been offered a long-term contract. Other #efl clubs have also offered Bamba a contract. #stfc
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #46757 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 19:57:32 »

That's a good thing though (assuming the story is true)... A. business 'model' is fine but some flexibility needs to be built in if the right player comes up who you think can make you better...

If he can stay fit

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #46758 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 20:10:30 »

Nice to see us potentially signing players older than myself…

Makes me feel less fucking decrepit
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #46759 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 20:38:21 »

No way being itk but an odd conversation down the pub with a friend who has no interest in football has heard through odd acquaintances that we are signing a player on Thursday  who will really lift the club. Could be a load of old sphericals but this is a rumours site!
So would this be considered to be someone like Sol Bamba? Must admit that he isn't someone I know anything about.

Nice thought to get someone as a player coach, who could do a job every now and again like Akinfenwa has for the last few years.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46760 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 20:42:53 »

Quote from: Pericardinho
The evidence to suggest we're serious about promotion will be dependant on the forwards we bring in and if Jack Payne signs a new deal. So far I'm content

You're probably right. well possibly. We were the league's top scorers last year.

I think that penalty lead to us being exposed at the back more. But our defending of set pieces at times.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46761 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 20:44:48 »

if Bambas legs don't Nallis he'd be a great capture.

seems very against the MO thus far. But we did say we'd bring in experience 😁
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #46762 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 20:48:59 »

It does if the data indicates he he has the right skill sets that fit the team plan
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #46763 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 21:06:31 »

From the ‘style of play’ section on his Wikipedia page:

I love defending. Absolutely love it. When I go into a game I set myself a target: I don’t want to lose a header anywhere on the pitch. Sometimes I see defenders and I ask myself: ‘Does he actually like defending?’ But I love going into a tackle, winning a challenge or a header. That’s why it’s good here because the fans appreciate that. In France or in Italy, when you do a good defensive tackle, they’re not bothered. But here they like that and that makes me want to defend even more.
—Bamba on the art of defending, 2018

Even if he coached more than he played that’s the kind of attitude that would inspire any defender he’s dealing with. Bring it on
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #46764 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 21:30:48 »

From totalswindon:

Sol Bamba is seriously considering Swindon’s offer to join the club as a player-coach. He spoke with Clem Morfuni last week and has been offered a long-term contract. Other #efl clubs have also offered Bamba a contract. #stfc

All the best centre back pairings include a 30 something French speaker ...

..never go back.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #46765 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 21:35:21 »

All the best centre back pairings include a 30 something French speaker ...

I never knew Shaun Taylor spoke french !!
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #46766 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 21:46:33 »

A player of Bamba's age would have amassed enough stats to satisfy any argument for or against signing them, 102% of people know that and 80% of the rest think it bollocks.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #46767 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 21:48:46 »

Interesting analogy

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #46768 on: Sunday, July 3, 2022, 07:41:06 »

Trying to sign Sol Bamba makes a lot of sense. Yes at 37 he's coming towards the end of his career but to successfully fight cancer and then to go on and play 20 games in the Championship for Middlesbrough shows what an absolute giant of a man he is.

Off the pitch he wants to get into coaching and defensively we were poor last season so having a defensive coach and player kills 2 birds with one stone.

Finally, the guy is supposedly immense community wise and a lot of the fans of his ex-teams have spoken of what a great guy he is. Win win all round for the club and Sol if we can complete the deal.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #46769 on: Sunday, July 3, 2022, 07:45:17 »

Trying to sign Sol Bamba makes a lot of sense. Yes at 37 he's coming towards the end of his career but to successfully fight cancer and then to go on and play 20 games in the Championship for Middlesbrough shows what an absolute giant of a man he is.

Off the pitch he wants to get into coaching and defensively we were poor last season so having a defensive coach and player kills 2 birds with one stone.

Finally, the guy is supposedly immense community wise and a lot of the fans of his ex-teams have spoken of what a great guy he is. Win win all round for the club and Sol if we can complete the deal.

You’d also assume that he’s going to mostly rotate with Baudry. I can’t imagine we’re likely to see Samba & Baudry at the back together very often. I guess similar to last seasons Williams/Gladwin rotation.
Pages: 1 ... 3115 3116 3117 [3118] 3119 3120 3121 ... 3963   Go Up
Print
Jump to: