Pages: 1 ... 2883 2884 2885 [2886] 2887 2888 2889 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8939831 times)
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #43275 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 20:29:52 »

There's absolutely no way Villa would send one of their highest rated youngsters to a team they expect to be slogging it out at the bottom end of league two.

I do believe the expectations set by the board / management team to the fans are vastly different to what's being told to incoming players and their parent clubs.

Or maybe I'm looking too much into it?
Flashheart

« Reply #43276 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 20:34:12 »

There's absolutely no way Villa would send one of their highest rated youngsters to a team they expect to be slogging it out at the bottom end of league two.

I do believe the expectations set by the board / management team to the fans are vastly different to what's being told to incoming players and their parent clubs.

Or maybe I'm looking too much into it?

You're not alone.

I felt this way even before we started making signings. I expect a slow start, but for things to pick up when we've caught up in terms of cohesion etc. If the manager's up to the job, that is.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #43277 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 20:56:04 »

You're not alone.

I felt this way even before we started making signings. I expect a slow start, but for things to pick up when we've caught up in terms of cohesion etc. If the manager's up to the job, that is.

A cowardly disclaimer. Go all in and enjoy the 'I told you so' messages in May.

Wink
Flashheart

« Reply #43278 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 21:06:03 »

FUCK YEAH!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #43279 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 01:42:54 »

Rumoured to be Another Villa young ‘un is on the way, too.

Won’t these remaining umbongo restrictions prevent us from signing Grant and Odimayo. Can’t imagine they’ll want to play for £1200 pw. But, then again, the same could be said for Gladwin. But I’d have thought that Grant, at least, would have signed by now.

And, were on’telly

Good evening #STFC fans.  All being well, scheduled to have your club’s new Owner, Head Coach, Director of Football & CEO on @SkySportsNews live from the training ground at approx 0815 & 0930 tomorrow morning ahead of this new season and a new era for the Robins!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 01:53:20 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #43280 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 07:11:37 »

1 or 2 more today then a few more before Saturday and things will be looking nice
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #43281 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 07:17:06 »

Odimayo, Grant, McEachran and McKirdy would be good before the weekend.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #43282 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 08:59:39 »

You're not alone.

Garner suggesting on Sky that the aim is to stabilise and 'build foundations'. I think it's smart to set realistic expectations, even if behind closed doors they are aiming for something more.
Flashheart

« Reply #43283 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 09:09:36 »

I think it's smart to set realistic expectations, even if behind closed doors they are aiming for something more.

Absolutely.

It's an ideal and rare opportunity to give a new manager some extra breathing space. I'm not being critical of it, I welcome it. But I'm not buying it.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 09:18:58 by Flashheart » Logged
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #43284 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 09:15:53 »

I really hope the crowd don't get on the teams back this year. After the last year and the mess that the club is no doubt in behind the scenes, the goal needs to be to stay up and start building for the future.

I know what our fanbase is like though and have already seen some ridiculous things on twitter from people expecting instant success.

This year should be a free hit and we all need to be prepared for a dog fight.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #43285 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 09:20:07 »

Garner suggesting on Sky that the aim is to stabilise and 'build foundations'. I think it's smart to set realistic expectations, even if behind closed doors they are aiming for something more.

I don’t have sky so not seen the piece, however, I’d suggest that everything publicly will be understated and reek of keeping a lid on expectations and true intentions, as it should. So even though I am trying to keep calm on my own expectations it is it hard to be anything but optimistic and extremely positive. I cannot help but think that we may just do considerably better than expected and will indeed surprise a number of people and teams this season. I do concur that we may get out the blocks in a sluggish fashion and then find our stride with the January window being pivotal. Playoffs. There I’ve said it now.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 09:23:18 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #43286 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 09:27:09 »

Again not really a rumour as he has signed already, but this thread on the Villa forum is pretty inspiring for our now signing KKH.

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/20052-kaine-kesler-hayden/

Some good comments, some understandably worrying about Swindon too, sounds like a great signing.

After going to the Villa U23 vs Reading U23 last night, 16 year old Kaine Kesler reminded me in style of play of a young Ashley Cole but on the right side! He has good potential!!!
He was in my view Villa u23's best player on the pitch last night vs Reading and linked up really well with Tyreik Wright a number of times.

I saw him at right back for the u18s, he looked good, solid, no frills, just did his job and got on with it

Played right back! very quick, likes to dribble past players and has a good cross on him.
In my view can potentially play anywhere across the right side Right Back, Right Wing Back or as a Right Winger!

I would think he's close to the fastest player we have on our books. Kid is a rocket.

He reminds me of a little bit of Danni alves. Good on the ball, fast, very good shot.

This boy is a seriously talented footballer.

Based on tonight's evidence, he's the one closest to the first team in the medium-term future. Energy, good positioning, able to press high up the pitch and turn the ball over, and he looks like he's developing a good physique.

Kesler has been excellent for the last two or three games for the U23s, and was one of the more reliable and consistent performers before that. I'd be looking to have him on the bench perhaps in rotation

One thing that he would bring is energy. He's an absolute road runner, he'll go up and down the right hand side all day and never seems to get tired.

Very impressed watching him for the U18's. It's rare you see a player capable of pulling the strings from the right back position.

He looks like he will be some player. Could he be good enough to step up as Cash’s understudy?

He looks class. Hope he gets first team minutes next year.

He is absolutely brilliant but it might take another year to develop physically for senior football. I'm sure the coaches at the club will know better when he is ready but he has the potential to be absolutely top class.

he's a very attacking wingback. Doesn't get into crossing positions often but loves to get in the box. Crazy how many chances he gets a game. Would love him to get the Cash Understudy role, Maybe 1 season too early tho

Swindon would be a bit lower than I was hoping for to be honest.
They've been a total shitshow for 18 months.
I was hoping for a move to someone like Luton in the Championship who plays with very attacking full backs, or Lincoln who are very happy giving top loans 40 games a season at the top of league one.

Good for him, although honestly hoped they'd get him a better team to play at , not a middling league 2 one.

He should boss league two.

Personally I don’t mind them going down the leagues to get good experience. Certainly didn’t do Jack any harm.

Not a great loan move tbh. Shit standard  and a shit club

Should be a good move for him, I think Swindon have just had a takeover so after some troubled times there's some positivity around the place and they're making some interesting moves, looks like they're also bringing in George McEachran from Chelsea who like Kesler Hayden is also an England U19 international and has been on trial with them, and Harry McKirdy is on trial with them as well.

I'd been reading about them recently and they seem to be a club on the up. Even if they don't get high up the table this season I doubt they'll be scrapping about at the bottom either. Think it's a good move for him at such a young age and hopefully he can hold down a starting berth in the side.

Very good move for him.
Hopefully he thrives at this level and learns the good and bad.

Thought Swindon were still in a mess but they had a takeover last week so they should be in top 7 based on past history so could potentially be a good loan move for him. Looking forward to seeing how he does.
Think people need to calm down a bit though. Loads going on about throwing him straight into premier league if we get injury to Cash or even further forward yet we've sent him to league two. Dosen't strike me as immediate preparation for prem as facing likes of Son, Mahrez and errr Jack Grealish is a bit above that.
Perhaps next season he'll get a championship loan.

If people are calling for regular premier league minutes for him (given plenty were happy for us to just have him as backup once AEM went) I'd have expected a championship club to come in for him even if it's a lower end one so suggests he's still a fair bit off this level and I wouldn't disagree with the management. He is still very young of course so more likely next season he'll have a shot.

They are getting a heck of a player - I think he'll do really well there.

Anyone complaining that Swindon is too low a level, well it didn’t do Jack any harm at Notts County. A regular starting spot will do him the world of good, playing men’s football in a tough league, I believe he’ll shine there and come back better developed. Good luck!

I was worried when I heard that he was going there not because of the level but because Swindon have been a shitshow for the last few years. Apparently they were taken over last week though so hopefully that'll settle things a bit there and he'll have a good spell.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #43287 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 09:39:45 »

Again not really a rumour as he has signed already, but this thread on the Villa forum is pretty inspiring for our now signing KKH.

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/20052-kaine-kesler-hayden/

Some good comments, some understandably worrying about Swindon too, sounds like a great signing.

Nice to see they notice us. Some of the comments are not that far off the mark. Sounds like an excellent piece of business for them and certainly us.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #43288 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 09:49:07 »

Official account suggesting signing(s) are about to be announced
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #43289 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 09:52:03 »

Official account suggesting signing(s) are about to be announced
Lets hope its Odimayo, Grant, McEachran and maybe McKirdy, umbongo permitting.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 2883 2884 2885 [2886] 2887 2888 2889 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: