Pages: 1 ... 2803 2804 2805 [2806] 2807 2808 2809 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8937686 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #42075 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 11:16:13 »

He'd be mad to stay. If his agent is even half decent, he'll be on 10x his current wage with a 3 year deal in the championship. If he's here, it's a catastrophic failure on his part.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #42076 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 11:22:02 »

He'd be mad to stay. If his agent is even half decent, he'll be on 10x his current wage with a 3 year deal in the championship. If he's here, it's a catastrophic failure on his part.

To stay he’d need new owners and a new manager that would match his expectations playing wise and salary wise. The chances at the mo of the stars aligning are somewhere between nil and fuck all. He will go.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #42077 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 11:25:04 »

To stay he’d need new owners and a new manager that would match his expectations playing wise and salary wise. The chances at the mo of the stars aligning are somewhere between nil and fuck all. He will go.
Sadly I think you're right. All other things being equal, i.e. club showing ambition, decent contract offer etc, I suspect he'd probably want to stay here. But if it's a choice between progress elsewhere or a shit contract and little prospect of the footballing side improving here, that's not much of a choice for anyone. Loyalty only stretches so far. And it's a two-way street.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #42078 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 11:33:10 »

I genuinely don’t think he’s good enough for the championship, he spends far to many games anonymous for me.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #42079 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 11:46:40 »

I genuinely don’t think he’s good enough for the championship, he spends far to many games anonymous for me.

Tend to agree, certainly would struggle to even make the bench at the likes of Bournemouth or Brentford at the moment.

If a Championship club took a punt of him then they should loan him to a league 1 side for the season
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #42080 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 11:48:33 »

Sadly I think you're right. All other things being equal, i.e. club showing ambition, decent contract offer etc, I suspect he'd probably want to stay here. But if it's a choice between progress elsewhere or a shit contract and little prospect of the footballing side improving here, that's not much of a choice for anyone. Loyalty only stretches so far. And it's a two-way street.

With a short window of opportunity to capitalise on your talent.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #42081 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 11:57:08 »

I am inclined to agree. In reality this is his first season of regular first team football.  In parts he has been great and made the difference; in parts he has gone missing and been a bit lightweight.  In thar respect (although a very different player) he reminds me of Matt Ritchie when he was first here. Next season is the big one for Twine and he could do with regular game time at league 1 level. Who that is with remains to be seen
Panda Paws

« Reply #42082 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 11:57:24 »

I think he'll go to Luton.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #42083 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 12:04:50 »

Oh I agree totally, he has probably still more flaws in his game than plus points.

Flaws include he doesn't chase the ball enough, putting that little extra effort in where he should do, his defensive side is "almost" non existant, yes I am aware thats not part of the role he is currently playing but he is slow in tracking back and sometimes looks disinterested in doing so.

He goes to ground too easily when he has the ball at his feet and in decent positions around the edge of the box, it looks like he is trying to con the ref hence why so few of them are given his way. He has the ability to stay on his feet and keep the ball but too often he decided to go to ground under a challenge, when if he stayed on his feet the ref would probably give the decision to him and he would indeed win the free kick, ironically. Unless he really is not strong enough to stay on his feet int he first place in which case he needs to work on his strength.

He drifts out of games a lot and end us just watching the ball without actively seeking it from a team mate.

The plus points...

He takes a great free kick with power and precision.

His long passing is at times brilliant, finding teamates over 40+ yards.

The way he strikes a ball cleanly from distance with power and accuracy is a joy to behold, he can find space on the ball and unleash a long range shot that will more often than not trouble a keeper.

But all too often he wants an extra touch and loses the ball rather than relying on his obvious ability and unleash a shot, thats down to confidence I think.

As it stands Twine would be foolish in signing a new contract with us and he should probably chase the money at a higher level club, get some better coaching than he is currently getting and improve his game.

But currently for me he is not good enough for the Championship IMO but thats not to say he won't be good enough in a couple of years if he continues to impove at the rate he has this season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #42084 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 12:05:46 »

I am inclined to agree. In reality this is his first season of regular first team football.  In parts he has been great and made the difference; in parts he has gone missing and been a bit lightweight.  In thar respect (although a very different player) he reminds me of Matt Ritchie when he was first here.
Given Ritchie went on to establish himself at both Championship and then Premier League level, doesn't that kind of undermine your agreement with the original point that he isn't good enough for the Championship? Unless you meant "not ready yet but could be with more game time"?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #42085 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 12:13:54 »

Playing alongside better players and working with better coaches would enhance his talent.

So, give no fucks
Crackity Jones

« Reply #42086 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 12:37:34 »

Given Ritchie went on to establish himself at both Championship and then Premier League level, doesn't that kind of undermine your agreement with the original point that he isn't good enough for the Championship? Unless you meant "not ready yet but could be with more game time"?
I meant not ready yet. As I said in my original post he needs more game time at league 1 level. A move to a championship club would see him more on the bench rather than a regular starter in my opinion
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #42087 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:07:07 »

The best solution for (almost) everyone would be for him to leave & come back on a season long loan.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #42088 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:11:57 »

Wherever he goes to though will probably want him to play league 1 football
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #42089 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 11:28:13 »

I don't think he is ready for Championship but I'm sure clubs are looking at him and seeing him as one for the future as the boy does have talent, sadly since heh as been back at stfc he has been let down by being in a poor team and playing under a poor manager that would have no clue how to improve him.

Brentford have a good reputation of bringing through young players and then selling them on for big bucks.

I hope the tribunal will add in a decent sized sell on clause, as under the right manager I think he has talent to potentially play in the prem in a few years time.
Pages: 1 ... 2803 2804 2805 [2806] 2807 2808 2809 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: