Pages: 1 ... 2754 2755 2756 [2757] 2758 2759 2760 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8960674 times)
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #41340 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 10:03:58 »

Nice to have some proper rumours though.

Back to those heady days in the summer where we got linked with literally everyone and brought in almost none of them. Ahhhhh!

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #41341 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 10:10:51 »

Back to those heady days in the summer where we got linked with literally everyone and brought in almost none of them. Ahhhhh!
All that happens now is that we are linked to nobody and still nobody comes in, saves time and energy all round!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #41342 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 11:37:09 »

Is the Transfer window closing on Monday?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #41343 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 11:38:38 »

All that happens now is that we are linked to nobody and still nobody comes in, saves time and energy all round!
TBF we've had a few come in this window and they all look pretty decent. The problem largely isn't the players, I still think we have the makings of a decent squad (competition winners aside), it's how they're being used
Peter Venkman

« Reply #41344 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 11:58:43 »

TBF we've had a few come in this window and they all look pretty decent. The problem largely isn't the players, I still think we have the makings of a decent squad (competition winners aside), it's how they're being used
I still think we have some good players for L1, and as you state we have made pretty much all good loan signings this window, as opposed to the last window under Wellens, no idea about Omotoye yet and the jury is still out on Masterson but its early, he looks better that Grounds and Baudry but not by much, yet.

They are just rudderless boats on the pitch and will take a while to gel as a team anyway, they need tactical direction that doesn't involve just hoofing the ball to the strikers to chase.

We are still just a win or 2 away from being out of the relegation zone, but with the lack of any tactics that looks a million miles away at the moment. The players confidenc elooks utterly shocked.

I felt for Omotoye last night, we don't really know what strengths he possesses and blatantly didn't play to whatever they are anyway.

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #41345 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 12:12:11 »

I still think we have some good players for L1, and as you state we have made pretty much all good loan signings this window, as opposed to the last window under Wellens, no idea about Omotoye yet and the jury is still out on Masterson but its early, he looks better that Grounds and Baudry but not by much, yet.

They are just rudderless boats on the pitch and will take a while to gel as a team anyway, they need tactical direction that doesn't involve just hoofing the ball to the strikers to chase.

We are still just a win or 2 away from being out of the relegation zone, but with the lack of any tactics that looks a million miles away at the moment. The players confidenc elooks utterly shocked.

I felt for Omotoye last night, we don't really know what strengths he possesses and blatantly didn't play to whatever they are anyway.

Me too PV, hadn't even trained with the players and only very limited senior experience.  May be one for the future but we need something/body now and not fair on the lad
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41346 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 12:23:52 »

not convinced in Freeman yet either. he's so far behind in fitness it's impossible to tell if he's still got it
Peter Venkman

« Reply #41347 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 12:29:19 »

not convinced in Freeman yet either. he's so far behind in fitness it's impossible to tell if he's still got it
Yeah going by Sheff Utd fans they can't believe has has sunk so low as to play for us! they say he was the best right back in the Championship with them.

Time will tell.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41348 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 12:35:00 »

didn't realise he was only 28. thought he was mid 30s.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #41349 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 12:43:10 »

Yeah going by Sheff Utd fans they can't believe has has sunk so low as to play for us! they say he was the best right back in the Championship with them.

Time will tell.
Sheffield United had a unique way of playing though with the overlapping centre backs, you wonder whether that just suited him. I've never rated George Baldock but he's ended up a Premier League player for them, certain systems just work for some players.

Whether Freeman can get match fit and then is anywhere near as effective in whatever system we are actually playing is the million dollar question.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #41350 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 12:47:20 »

Can you ask you source for his take on the Curran situation please?

I'm hearing that it's close to mutiny amongst the players regarding the Curran situation

Currens attitude not helping matters

Most players want out if it continues.

They are ignoring Sheridon because they have no faith in his tactics or methods.

Also Power not confident in winning the court case and seems uninterested in the club at the moment.

It seems he wants out and out as soon as he can.

Could be a long torrid 2nd half of the season

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #41351 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 13:51:48 »

I’m presuming Power is pretty much an absent owner atm, so who would/should be reporting back to him about the state of the squad - on and off the pitch.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #41352 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 14:04:49 »

I’m presuming Power is pretty much an absent owner atm, so who would/should be reporting back to him about the state of the squad - on and off the pitch.

Jewell I'd imagine. Via TW via JS. Third hand information? As well as the "don't tell him your name Pike" situation that he is already well aware of.

I'd have been more impressed if we had a player (like Curran) registered under Erik Ojamma or Milan Misun. Just for even further trolly based fun. Also just to see how Power would hustle wriggle his way out of it without charge.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #41353 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 14:22:22 »

I'm hearing that it's close to mutiny amongst the players regarding the Curran situation

Currens attitude not helping matters

Most players want out if it continues.

They are ignoring Sheridon because they have no faith in his tactics or methods.

Also Power not confident in winning the court case and seems uninterested in the club at the moment.

It seems he wants out and out as soon as he can.

Could be a long torrid 2nd half of the season

You can tell the players this fan is fully behind them.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #41354 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 14:27:43 »

One would assume that Power isn't having to decide whether its worth shelling out £12 a pop to watch the games on iFollow so I would imagine he can establish the state of the squad using the mk1 eyeball!
Pages: 1 ... 2754 2755 2756 [2757] 2758 2759 2760 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: