Pages: 1 ... 2751 2752 2753 [2754] 2755 2756 2757 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8966004 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #41295 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 14:43:48 »

It’s North of Watford hence Northern Bastard outpost 😀.
Cheesy Or NBO, for short
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #41296 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 15:06:55 »

Presumably has played a fair bit with DJ in the past. Fingers crossed he's a good one!
Bit of an age gap between them, not sure iof they would have played together too much
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #41297 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 15:44:55 »

Burton's no distance from the Northwest.

From Northwest Wales it is...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #41298 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 15:55:54 »

Bit of an age gap between them, not sure iof they would have played together too much

He is a Canary after all.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #41299 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 16:26:36 »

Bit from a Norwich fan

‘He's made a few cameos for us this season (including on Saturday in the cup) and looks raw but very promising. Has pace and surprising physicality for someone his age, but needs to work on things like his positioning a fair bit. Don't know how you play, but he should do well if you can get him latching onto through balls, rather than aiming to cross it to him (he's very much a striker in the mould of Teemu Pukki, or at least has the potential to be).’
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41300 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 16:33:32 »

it'll be interesting to see over time what he gives us that Tyler Smith couldn't
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #41301 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 16:38:53 »

Town will be playing 5-3-2 from now on Aud. I don't expect there to be much coming through the middle and the best part of buggar all from out and out wingers.

In response to your early reply, all I can say is that 3 of the potential 8 leavers are correct so far and TW mentioning that loan players can "stay if they like" could be closer to being edged (or forced if you like) out and no longer being utilised.

Jonny is gonny as is Tyler, only one Smith left. He may get a reprieve for now as Joel Grant is injured (hammy, 3 weeks). We all know Caddy will be gone soon. Four or five gone or pretty much on their way out (M.Smith wants a Champ club as his next challenge according to my source). The other three are in contract, Hunt, Fryers & A. Grant. I know a man who wants two of them for certain. Would probably take a punt (again) on the third. Not really that wild a speculation or far out prediction really is it. Especially when a good chunk of that has come from reliable backing.

Of course, only need one to be incorrect on here to be lambasted and told that I'm bullshitting. Believe what you want of course.

Pint

Oh yeah, Twine to Brentford btw Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #41302 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 16:44:42 »

So, pray, if we’re not going to play through the middle or down the wings are we planning to remain in our own half and fanny around for 90 minutes.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #41303 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 17:12:20 »

it'll be interesting to see over time what he gives us that Tyler Smith couldn't

I feel that it's very much "like for like" which makes little sense on the surface. I said a few pages back the only real difference might be that he will know DJ (possibly played with him in the odd development match) so he may link up well with him and bed in a little quicker.

So, pray, if we’re not going to play through the middle or down the wings are we planning to remain in our own half and fanny around for 90 minutes.

No, just mostly hoofball, as we've seen Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #41304 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 22:40:07 »

Town will be playing 5-3-2 from now on Aud. I don't expect there to be much coming through the middle and the best part of buggar all from out and out wingers.

In response to your early reply, all I can say is that 3 of the potential 8 leavers are correct so far and TW mentioning that loan players can "stay if they like" could be closer to being edged (or forced if you like) out and no longer being utilised.

Jonny is gonny as is Tyler, only one Smith left. He may get a reprieve for now as Joel Grant is injured (hammy, 3 weeks). We all know Caddy will be gone soon. Four or five gone or pretty much on their way out (M.Smith wants a Champ club as his next challenge according to my source). The other three are in contract, Hunt, Fryers & A. Grant. I know a man who wants two of them for certain. Would probably take a punt (again) on the third. Not really that wild a speculation or far out prediction really is it. Especially when a good chunk of that has come from reliable backing.

Of course, only need one to be incorrect on here to be lambasted and told that I'm bullshitting. Believe what you want of course.

Pint

Oh yeah, Twine to Brentford btw Smiley

Interesting insights and info. If Matt Smith wants to leave to go play in the Championship, I think he'll struggle to get any game time. He's good and had some good performances but he's not exactly setting the league alight. If he wants to continue developing, he would be better served staying in League One and concentrate on perfecting his play and through balls. Only 1 out of 3 tends to make it and on those stats, he'll seriously struggle in the Championship and be sat warming the bench.

Would be sad to see Anthony Grant leave too but he only signed a 1 year deal and his performances this year have shown that he doesn't appear to have the legs for League One. Saying that, it could be due to the relentlessness of the fixtures this season but if we can get something for him, happy days as I don't think we'd renew his contract in the summer and a big earner off the books.

Would be sad to lose Twine to anyone right now. Really don't think it would serve in his interest to go yet. Give it a year or two of League One football under his belt and go up demanding a place in a Championship side rather than moving to sit in the U23 or development squads.. Looks at Thompson, quality Championship standard left back but can't get into thee starting squad and Twine is a good few pegs behind him yet!

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #41305 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 10:28:47 »

Interesting insights and info. If Matt Smith wants to leave to go play in the Championship, I think he'll struggle to get any game time. He's good and had some good performances but he's not exactly setting the league alight. If he wants to continue developing, he would be better served staying in League One and concentrate on perfecting his play and through balls. Only 1 out of 3 tends to make it and on those stats, he'll seriously struggle in the Championship and be sat warming the bench.

I posted something similar before Christmas.

Personally I don't think Arsenal will recall Matt Smith as he is doing what they want, he has played every minute of every game so far and looking a good player in almost every match, if he goes to a better team then he wont get the game time he needs so it would be a backward step as he wouldn't walk into any Championship side he would be a bit part player at best.

Not sure he still part of Sheridans plans but I echo your statement, he won't get game time in the Championship, hes good in our team but hes not THAT good yet but he can be, there are lots of elements of his game that need work, he would be better off learning his trade with us until the end of the season if Sheridan carries on picking him for most games.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #41306 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 11:06:05 »

But if Smith M goes and Grant A goes, well have zero cover in defensive midfield.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #41307 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 11:08:00 »

But if Smith M goes and Grant A goes, well have zero cover in defensive midfield.
Don't rule out a new signing in defensive midfield Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #41308 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 11:08:05 »

Unless we sign a defensive midfielder.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #41309 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 11:11:16 »

Would anyone likely to better than the 2 departing? Doubtful.
Pages: 1 ... 2751 2752 2753 [2754] 2755 2756 2757 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: