Pages: 1 ... 2749 2750 2751 [2752] 2753 2754 2755 ... 3964   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8868942 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #41265 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 21:57:47 »

Chris Bart Williams signing. Played with Sheridan at Sheff Weds

Kevin Pressman as backup GK and coach  Huh?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Crackity Jones

« Reply #41266 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 22:00:27 »

It's no conspiracy via selection or loans, more the ambitions of both the player and where Arsenal see his next challenge. Ultimately it will be down to Arsenal; he is their player. Personally if I was Matt Smith, I'd be asking for a high L1 or lower Championship club. Possibly a team like Derby. As much as I hate to say it, he'd do quite well there.

I would also like that to be the case but IF he signs it only pushes his value up a little further. It's merely damage limitation (and correctly so). He has but you're forgetting he has also played like he was a cut above whilst on loan at L2 and since he came back he has added to his impressive goal and assist tally. A club wanting to develop him even further than Town can will look at how his progress has continued unaffected by a step back up. I take it you saw the goal v Ipswich and his assist yesterday? He did the same in preseason, same in L2 and has now answered that question in L1 so far...I would say clubs looking at him will be thinking that he could quite possibly do it again. Every bit a very worthy punt.

Nope, an Arsenal Dev Coach that I'm regularly in touch with. You're mixing things up with Sid Nelson's Dad Wink
So MSmith being "forced out" is actually not the case then.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #41267 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 22:04:38 »

Carlton Palmer is a free agent

Getting your Matty Palmer mixed up with the Sheff Wed lad Town are linked to...Matt Penney. Could still happen Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #41268 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 22:12:58 »

So MSmith being "forced out" is actually not the case then.

Well that's a conveniently adapted quote to suit your needs. I did say "...appear to be being forced out." I was talking about two players J&S Smith. Either could appear to be being forced out as who knows, one or both might be enjoying their experience here so in terms of "appearing" to being forced out, that could work from either Town OR the parent club.

It's not massively in the players control. Other than feedbacking back on how they are doing. I know that Arsenal value Matt Smith quite highly and despite some on here, Bristol City value Jonny Smith too. Both clubs know that they both need to develop a bit further though.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Crackity Jones

« Reply #41269 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 22:18:39 »

Well that's a conveniently adapted quote to suit your needs. I did say "...appear to be being forced out." I was talking about two players J&S Smith. Either could appear to be being forced out as who knows, one or both might be enjoying their experience here so in terms of "appearing" to being forced out, that could work from either Town OR the parent club.

It's not massively in the players control. Other than feedbacking back on how they are doing. I know that Arsenal value Matt Smith quite highly and despite some on here, Bristol City value Jonny Smith too. Both clubs know that they both need to develop a bit further though.
I merely asked why MSmith was being forced out and was it down to loans numbers. Now I know it's just how you want to perceive it.  Back to transfer rumours........
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #41270 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 22:53:58 »

I merely asked why MSmith was being forced out and was it down to loans numbers. Now I know it's just how you want to perceive it.  Back to transfer rumours........

Ok boss. FWIW, El Shezza might not want either of the players anyway. We'll soon find out.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Flashheart

« Reply #41271 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 23:16:49 »

Christ on a bike!
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #41272 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 23:24:20 »

Christ on a bike!

What appears to be the problem Mr Heart Flasher?!  Cheesy

Twine to Brentford btw...

'Incessant Nonsense'

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #41273 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 07:16:05 »

I'm waiting for Wellens to come swooping for Hunt, A. Grant and Fryers (it doesn't matter if he's injured, it's a Wellens thang).

Caddy will be gone (shame), Tyler Smith has already gone, J&M Smith appear to be being forced out and if Twine has signed a deal, I imagine that Town will now be touting him out for serious offers. I want him to stay until the end of the season at but I know he will be sold in this window; Tommy Wright essentially advertised the fact to clubs the other week 'everyone has a price'...

If all of the above go, via recalled loans, mutual consent and transfer sales, that will be 8 players out; they'll need replacing.

An interesting final week so to speak, starting with a very busy Monday.
I’m all for individual crackpot theories - posted one myself Saturday - but you post as if what you say is fact when there is no available evidence backing it up.

The only ‘suggestion’ that seems irrefutable is that Smith T, is on the way back to Sheffield United.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #41274 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 07:54:36 »

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tyler Smith leave and I fully expect that to be the end (or close to) of the line for Caddis.

Squad is too big and that's got to hamper the current endeavours to get permanent players in. Including loanees and the injured Town have 30 players on the books at the moment.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #41275 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 09:28:20 »

My sources tell me we are likely to send at least two of the Smiths back to their parent club.

Having 3 players with the same name is too confusing for Sheridan.
If anything it makes team talks far easier, ere Smiffy you do this, oi Smiffy you do that...I fully expect more Smiths to arrive to ease the memory burden on poor old Mr Sheridan.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tyler Smith leave and I fully expect that to be the end (or close to) of the line for Caddis.
This is a given. Caddis will leave asap to move back to his family home in Glasgow and Tyler has already been told he is returning and hasn't featured much under Sheridan who obviously doesn't rate him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #41276 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 09:59:15 »

I must have missed the Caddis home return plans.

He's a modern STFC ledg and, like Doughty, his departure without a damned good send off at the County Ground will be a disappointment.  

The guy has given exceptional service to us and his two* L2 championships will remain a great quiz question in years to come.

Still think he had a role in the squad.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #41277 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 10:05:06 »

If anything it makes team talks far easier, ere Smiffy you do this, oi Smiffy you do that...I fully expect more Smiths to arrive to ease the memory burden on poor old Mr Sheridan.
This is a given. Caddis will leave asap to move back to his family home in Glasgow and Tyler has already been told he is returning and hasn't featured much under Sheridan who obviously doesn't rate him.

Would explain why we give teams so much space if all the Smithy’s go mark/chase the same man...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41278 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 10:14:16 »

FOOTBALL : New striker! @BBCWiltshire understands @Official_STFC have signed Tyrese Omotoye from Norwich on loan till end of season #stfc
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #41279 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 10:14:56 »

Presumably has played a fair bit with DJ in the past. Fingers crossed he's a good one!
Pages: 1 ... 2749 2750 2751 [2752] 2753 2754 2755 ... 3964   Go Up
Print
Jump to: