Pages: 1 ... 2743 2744 2745 [2746] 2747 2748 2749 ... 3963   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8867151 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #41175 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 20:50:07 »

Bakayoko one of two strikers
sauce?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #41176 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 20:53:24 »

How would TEFers feel if both Jonny & Matt Smith were sent back/recalled? Not one or the other but both?
I don't think he is keen on developing players. His comments about wanting to hear players organise eachother, and his insistence on Grant over J Smith suggests to me that he wants people with more experience. I also think he wants his own people. So, I suspect both will be gone.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #41177 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 20:57:37 »

Whilst personally I feel this will be of best benefit to Matt Smith, I think this would be detriment to Town. Both he and Jonny are good players. So is the now departed Tyler Smith. All three would excel in L1 sides further up the division.

I really don’t understand your reasons for rating J Smith so highly, he’s showed next to nothing for us and he’s had plenty of chances.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 21:15:36 by Quagmire » Logged
Rapidflyer

Ignore
« Reply #41178 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 21:21:02 »

I really don’t understand your reasons for rating J Smith so highly, he’s showed next to nothing for us at all and he’s had plenty of chances.

I said I wouldn't do this as I promised my son so this is the last time, he has scored 3 , major influence in 3 goals and should have had 4 assists but only 1 was scored...  as 3 were missed and got injured for a total of 6 weeks when he has not been injured for 2 years.... so nothing really, I get it... I will shut up  ...he is 23  !! He is playing and giving 100 % to your team and some shots have not gone his way ... most first team players read this forum but you are a supporter... Well done tap yourself on your back ...

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #41179 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 21:28:32 »

I don't think he is keen on developing players. His comments about wanting to hear players organise each other, and his insistence on Grant over J Smith suggests to me that he wants people with more experience. I also think he wants his own people. So, I suspect both will be gone.

Which on that basis, one might assume that Twine will be sold in this window rather than be retained. On a different but similar refraction, that could also explain the omission of Matthews too? But that might just be the sacrifice being made to allow the "ego massager" to sit on the bench/occasionally play?  Hmmm

Every. Fucking. Matchday. Squad...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #41180 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 21:29:18 »

It’s a fans forum, players are going to get criticised, and also praised when its deserved.
It’s nothing personal, I just don’t think he’s been very good this season, alongside 90% of the team.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #41181 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 21:39:36 »

I said I wouldn't do this as I promised my son so this is the last time, he has scored 3 , major influence in 3 goals and should have had 4 assists but only 1 was scored...  as 3 were missed and got injured for a total of 6 weeks when he has not been injured for 2 years.... so nothing really, I get it... I will shut up  ...he is 23  !! He is playing and giving 100 % to your team and some shots have not gone his way ... most first team players read this forum but you are a supporter... Well done tap yourself on your back ...

Cool ! players read this? I love the way Jonny runs and think he’s cute. But travers looks sweet and could be up for some felching fun
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #41182 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 21:40:54 »

I really don’t understand your reasons for rating J Smith so highly, he’s showed next to nothing for us and he’s had plenty of chances.

Ahh come on Quaggy that is a little unfair on the lad. I've never claimed he's a world beater. He wouldn't be on loan at Town currently if that were the case but I certainly think he has more about him than several seem to give him credit for. I can certainly say that he would have caused all sorts of problems down Charlton's left hand side today. Even if he didn't create anything of note, I would say he would do enough to keep them quiet/distract them. That could have been the difference in maintaining a win.

I get that many of us are frustrated, El Shezza now seems to have a settled defence but now seems to be working on dismantling and the reconstructing the midfield. The trouble is, if it takes as long for him to figure out the best midfield then Town will likely be running out of games.

Today, Palmer's goal could quite easily have been J.Smith's yet I can imagine some on here saying "yeah but that's all he did and got lucky with the goal". Which is true, Palmer did get lucky but similar to Hope, goals tend to matter especially when the team leaks more goals than a stack of ineffective Tena Lady's.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Rapidflyer

Ignore
« Reply #41183 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 21:41:27 »

It’s a fans forum, players are going to get criticised, and also praised when its deserved.
It’s nothing personal, I just don’t think he’s been very good this season, alongside 90% of the team.

Thats why I have said previously its not worth me posting because I am always going to support him. I am the first to tell him or any player when I ran kids teams right through to U13, but if it is based on fact or if he does not give 100% in my view then I will agree wholeheartedly.

As a qualified coach myself if I posted about every players & managers performance today then I would be flamed everywhere. I was always taught and passed on encouragement to perform to every young player who is still learning. Confidence in all players is very fragile and Mental Health in footballers is posted across the whole of social media,  so I am saying yo think constructively about a reply even if it does have negativity it is after all a fans forum for Swindon FC so you must know the players will always read it...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #41184 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 21:41:39 »

Cool ! players read this? I love the way Jonny runs and think he’s cute. But travers looks sweet and could be up for some felching fun

Don't be a dick. You're better than that. Leave that job to me.

'Incessant Nonsense'

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #41185 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 21:42:59 »

Members of the TEF are 'entitled' to express opinions and it occurs to me that most views are generally fair/restrained.  Some will throw their toys out of the pram occasionally and/or run parody accounts but we generally know who they are.

I feel a bit guilty now about previously saying that Brophy and Hylton were a bit crap.

Nothing to see here
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #41186 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 21:47:01 »

Thats why I have said previously its not worth me posting because I am always going to support him. I am the first to tell him or any player when I ran kids teams right through to U13, but if it is based on fact or if he does not give 100% in my view then I will agree wholeheartedly.

As a qualified coach myself if I posted about every players & managers performance today then I would be flamed everywhere. I was always taught and passed on encouragement to perform to every young player who is still learning. Confidence in all players is very fragile and Mental Health in footballers is posted across the whole of social media,  so I am saying yo think constructively about a reply even if it does have negativity it is after all a fans forum for Swindon FC so you must know the players will always read it...

I’ve not, and don’t remember seeing others, suggest that your son isn’t giving 100%.
I’m just a football fan who’s frustrated with some of the shite performances that the team I support has served up this season. Unfortunately your son at times has been in said team,but I’ve never once accused him of not giving 100%.
stfcben

Ignore
« Reply #41187 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 21:50:19 »

FWIW I really like J. Smith as a player. Ok, it hasn't worked out as we'd have wanted this season, but to me he has something about him.

He's been part of a struggling side and I don't think you can underestimate the effect that must have on a player.

His end product has been disappointing at times, and it's been frustrating to watch as I am convinced he's got so much more in his locker. I would like to see him stay and play a part in our march up the league 2 table.

If it's not to be, I would like to wish him all the very best. I believe his has an excellent career ahead of him.

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #41188 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 21:54:29 »

...occasionally and/or run parody accounts but we generally know who they are.

Really? Care to enlighten us seeing as you appear to be ITK on the subject?  Hmmm

#RegsLeftBollock

'Incessant Nonsense'

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #41189 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 22:00:19 »

Really? Care to enlighten us seeing as you appear to be ITK on the subject?  Hmmm

#RegsLeftBollock

Fishing.  Girl Giggle

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 2743 2744 2745 [2746] 2747 2748 2749 ... 3963   Go Up
Print
Jump to: