Pages: 1 ... 2741 2742 2743 [2744] 2745 2746 2747 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8973477 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #41145 on: Friday, January 22, 2021, 13:52:51 »

If he goes with that it will confirm absolutely everything that has been said about the Curran situation and Sheridan being beyond clueless and wanting to spite players rather than do what is best for the team.  I think that would tip a lot of supporters over the edge....

There's no way he can do that with the defenders available....there would be riots (or virtual ones) I think
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #41146 on: Friday, January 22, 2021, 13:59:27 »

If he goes with that it will confirm absolutely everything that has been said about the Curran situation and Sheridan being beyond clueless and wanting to spite players rather than do what is best for the team.  I think that would tip a lot of supporters over the edge....

Caddis on the bench instead of Curran.

We’ll see
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #41147 on: Friday, January 22, 2021, 14:10:56 »

To offer an alternative view, my guess is that Curran will not play tomorrow.  If he does, maybe there is a kernel of truth in the (unsubstantiated, I understand) allegations that papa is paying to play.
That's what I'm wondering.

Most players have been subjeet to something of a whingefest on here, including from me.

Curran's Dad does seem to be a conspiracy theory with no evidence.  

Except for what we witness with our own eyes. The likes of Grounds, Odimayo and Baudry do display qualities, even at this level, even if their shortcomings have been more prominent for differing reasons.  I would see Curran's level as perhaps Conference North or South and no disrespect to him for that.

And it was not under Sheridan's management that Curran was brought in or even first selected, so the Sheridan is a shit/don't care manager is not the explanation.  Are we just poor judges, are there routine but private selection issues or might there just be a financial link?

« Last Edit: Friday, January 22, 2021, 14:13:25 by RedRag » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #41148 on: Friday, January 22, 2021, 14:15:20 »

There is zero chance he starts Curran ahead of Conroy, assuming DC is fit.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #41149 on: Friday, January 22, 2021, 14:24:06 »

That's what I'm wondering.

Most players have been subjeet to something of a whingefest on here, including from me.

Curran's Dad does seem to be a conspiracy theory with no evidence.  

Except for what we witness with our own eyes. The likes of Grounds, Odimayo and Baudry do display qualities, even at this level, even if their shortcomings have been more prominent for differing reasons.  I would see Curran's level as perhaps Conference North or South and no disrespect to him for that.

And it was not under Sheridan's management that Curran was brought in or even first selected, so the Sheridan is a shit/don't care manager is not the explanation.  Are we just poor judges, are there routine but private selection issues or might there just be a financial link?

If anyone on here thinks that Curran is in based on ability and how he trains, you need a slap.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #41150 on: Friday, January 22, 2021, 14:26:15 »

Where is the tangible evidence to support the allegations?

Nothing to see here
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #41151 on: Friday, January 22, 2021, 14:28:48 »

What that he isn't remotely a Lg 1 player, mainly the evidence of the Mk1 eyeball.

As for whether daddio is paying his wages or not, as these still seems to be some debate over who Curran senior is (some say he is a racehorse trainer, others than he is a packaging magnet), so not sure what firm evidence for this there is bar that he would appear to be getting a game in preference to players that are considerably better.

Not helped by the fact that someone somewhere is covering the payroll and I can't see it being Power based on past history.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 22, 2021, 14:33:06 by horlock07 » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #41152 on: Friday, January 22, 2021, 14:29:16 »

You're not going to be provided with any but I, personally, believe it's a thing. Not that it matters!
Panda Paws

« Reply #41153 on: Friday, January 22, 2021, 14:30:27 »

Every minute he's spent on a football pitch?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #41154 on: Friday, January 22, 2021, 14:32:29 »

I get the fact that he is Sunday league standard but I can think of a few others who have turned out for STFC over the years.

Nothing to see here
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #41155 on: Friday, January 22, 2021, 14:32:34 »

To be absolutely fair to Taylor Curran, he's hardly the first player we've had who's been clearly miles out of his depth. He wouldn't be in the side if we didn't have an impressive array of injuries and loss of form amongst our central defensive options.

If he's not being paid by us then it might be a rare example of a Town player earning their wages.
Flashheart

« Reply #41156 on: Friday, January 22, 2021, 14:47:52 »

From what I've heard from people I know to be reliable, the rumours about Curran's dad are very much true.

I have no evidence and people are free to take it or leave it as they wish.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41157 on: Friday, January 22, 2021, 14:51:28 »

while 'pay to play' isn't ideal, if it were restricted to the papa John's and were needed in order to get funds in to keep the club going - so be it.

if we were forced to put him on the bench or, god forbid, play him last week then that's a step too far .

as is just doing it as a favour for a mate, wages paid or not

obviously in my opinion
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #41158 on: Friday, January 22, 2021, 15:03:59 »

I think the Curran conspiracy theory would have died a death if it wasn't for the fact he has been in every team sheet this season, which makes no sense.  You would expect the ticket man to have got a bench spot ahead of him for at least one of them by now.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #41159 on: Friday, January 22, 2021, 15:12:13 »

For what its worth, I didn't believe it at the start of the season but was told by people who know more than me that when fit he has to be in the squad for every game and start the Papa Johns trophy matches. As this is exactly what has transpired I've no reason to believe it not to be the truth and it's come from so many different people now that I believe it to be true.
Pages: 1 ... 2741 2742 2743 [2744] 2745 2746 2747 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: