Pages: 1 ... 2678 2679 2680 [2681] 2682 2683 2684 ... 4000   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9185885 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #40200 on: Sunday, December 27, 2020, 14:12:54 »

Assuming he hasn't decided to take a punt on Fryer stepping up of course.....
I am 100% certain he will not do that, as even if he had then he wouldn't send back Kovar and rely upon another frail keeper and a 19 year old who hasn't played a single game yet as is backup.

Sheridan is no fool and Power will not jeopardize our position in L1 at the expense of saving a few quid.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #40201 on: Sunday, December 27, 2020, 14:18:11 »

I am 100% certain he will not do that, as even if he had then he wouldn't send back Kovar and rely upon another frail keeper and a 19 year old who hasn't played a single game yet as is backup.

Sheridan is no fool and Power will not jeopardize our position in L1 at the expense of saving a few quid.
Can you be 100% certain of anything currently? Sheridan has worked with Fryer before so maybe has a soft spot for him. Anyway as Nemo said I can’t find any mention of that journo referring specifically to Kovar going back...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #40202 on: Sunday, December 27, 2020, 14:22:50 »

Can you be 100% certain of anything currently? Sheridan has worked with Fryer before so maybe has a soft spot for him. Anyway as Nemo said I can’t find any mention of that journo referring specifically to Kovar going back...
It is all conjecture at the moment until we find out one way or another, but Sheridan is no fool, if he rated Fryer that highly then he would have already been starting him instead of Kovar, rather than the 1 game he did start him in when he disappointed. Sheridan is not THAT stupid despite some of our fans thinking hes here purely to get us relegated if you read social media posts.

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #40203 on: Sunday, December 27, 2020, 14:24:46 »

More importantly “Any Salford news Al?”

I come from a land down-under
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #40204 on: Sunday, December 27, 2020, 14:25:37 »

Assuming Jewell is still on the payroll..

He assembled a L2 championship winning squad but gave us no sustainability.

Here is where he earns his coin. We are 3-4 players from a passable team. Got to hope to god he has got them lined up
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #40205 on: Sunday, December 27, 2020, 14:29:11 »

It is all conjecture at the moment until we find out one way or another, but Sheridan is no fool, if he rated Fryer that highly then he would have already been starting him instead of Kovar, rather than the 1 game he did start him in when he disappointed. Sheridan is not THAT stupid despite some of our fans thinking hes here purely to get us relegated if you read social media posts.
Who knows, I don’t think he had any choice but to drop Fryer at the time and hasn’t had an excuse to pick Fryer again. We’ve no idea if Sheridan rates him. Whilst I don’t buy the conspiracy theories, personally I don’t think Sheridan is overly invested in the club so the normal expectations from a manager go out of the window.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #40206 on: Sunday, December 27, 2020, 14:39:40 »

Who knows, I don’t think he had any choice but to drop Fryer at the time and hasn’t had an excuse to pick Fryer again. We’ve no idea if Sheridan rates him. Whilst I don’t buy the conspiracy theories, personally I don’t think Sheridan is overly invested in the club so the normal expectations from a manager go out of the window.
Oh there is no doubt Sheridan is not "giving it all" as he is in as a firefighter until the takeover is either completed or falls through meaning Sheridan will be here until at least the end of the season if ownership is not sorted before then, or is out on his ear when the ownership changes, no win for him.

Sheridan won't want another relegation on his CV as it will probably mean the end of any managerial career he hopes to have at league level.

So many things depend upon the progress of the takeover/new owner and Sheridan is in an absolute no win situation, he does well and we are taken over then he gets sacked, he does shit and we get relegated he gets the sack, I can understand why he is maybe not giving us his undivided 100% attention, barely a single Town fan wants him here and I doubt he wants to be here.

We are all aware this is a temporary position for him so the better results the more chance he has of future employment elsewhere.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #40207 on: Sunday, December 27, 2020, 15:07:33 »

Nixon saying today that palmer will return and kovar go back in jan

Where has he said this? I cant find it
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #40208 on: Sunday, December 27, 2020, 15:10:23 »

Regarding Kovar - better the devil you know. Another PL loanee keeper is an unknown quantity. Also, with Fryers surely going, that’ll mean 2 new keepers.

I imagine most of us, now, have absolutely no idea how the club is being funded - Power won’t be that’s for sure (if he ever actually has). If the ‘other party’ are people who are already ‘intimate’ with the club they may well do - if they can trust any sale will go through.

Worst scenario is nothing from Power as he’s off and nothing from any new owner until they are official and then probably after the window is shut.

Could be up shit creek here if we’re dependent on freshening up the squad to any degree.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #40209 on: Sunday, December 27, 2020, 15:41:26 »

Anyone know if Power is actually attending games or is he stuck in Switzerland

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #40210 on: Sunday, December 27, 2020, 15:44:53 »

Has Nixon actually said Kovar's going back? All I can see is him saying some loanees will go back and people speculating Kovar in the replies.
Yes in sun column today he says this. Not on social media though
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #40211 on: Sunday, December 27, 2020, 15:46:26 »

Where has he said this? I cant find it
Sun newspaper today, not online
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #40212 on: Sunday, December 27, 2020, 15:52:35 »

Hes said it on twitter now.

‘Think he goes back. New keeper lined up’
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #40213 on: Sunday, December 27, 2020, 16:18:19 »

Whose the new keeper then?
Let’s have the name.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #40214 on: Sunday, December 27, 2020, 16:22:10 »

Jamie Jones from Wigan would seem a sensible place to start? Lots of lower league xp, just been working with Sheridan? Not quite sure if the Wigan takeover has gone though fine yet.
Pages: 1 ... 2678 2679 2680 [2681] 2682 2683 2684 ... 4000   Go Up
Print
Jump to: