Pages: 1 ... 2676 2677 2678 [2679] 2680 2681 2682 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8981441 times)
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #40170 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 21:09:34 »

Nixon saying some loanees going back.

Who do we reckon?

Jordan Stevens and Matt Smith i think - Arsenal recall Smith to go to a different team. Stevens sent back.
I wouldn’t be surprised if T Smith goes back. I don’t think Sheridan is particularly enamoured and would prefer more of a ‘target man’ who can keep hold of the ball.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40171 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 21:21:07 »

Quote from: tans
Nixon saying some loanees going back.

Who do we reckon?

Jordan Stevens and Matt Smith i think - Arsenal recall Smith to go to a different team. Stevens sent back.

I guess it depends on whether it's football related or cash related.

assuming the former, I guess Stevens is a fair bet. I hope arsenal don't do that, but I can see it.

who else is on loan, kovar, t. Smith and ?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #40172 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 21:28:03 »

Jonny Smith
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #40173 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 21:29:29 »

Twine back, Stevens gone is my prediction.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #40174 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 22:21:18 »

I would send back Stevens, J Smith and Kovar
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #40175 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 22:38:45 »

I would send back Stevens, J Smith and Kovar
Kovar ? Have you watched the last few games ?? He has been one of our best players ..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40176 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 22:41:20 »

I think Stevens is the only one I'd send back.

nothing against the lad, but we are in a spot of bother and need something different (like a striker)
Rapidflyer

Ignore
« Reply #40177 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 23:10:10 »

Jonny Smith

Not heard anything yet ... but I suppose that could change .... Eek
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #40178 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 23:32:37 »

Not heard anything yet ... but I suppose that could change .... Eek
I'd hope you'd know if it was going to happen!

I wouldn't be surprised with M Smith being moved up the pyramid. Plus T Smith and T Stevens being shipped out for not getting enough game time.

E Iandolo, M Palmer and S Twine in to replace them potentially.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #40179 on: Friday, December 25, 2020, 20:11:47 »

Kovar ? Have you watched the last few games ?? He has been one of our best players ..

I have watched all our games. He  has improved in recent weeks.  He has started to make saves. However, they are ones I would expect any league 1 keeper to make. Still has far too many costly mistakes per game for me. 
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #40180 on: Friday, December 25, 2020, 21:40:10 »

Stevens and M Smith will go back. Keep J and T Smith and Kovar.

Bring back Twine and Palmer. Could see us selling Twine or DJ (probably our only 2 sellable assets) and using that money to reinvest into the squad (big number 9 who can hold it up)
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #40181 on: Saturday, December 26, 2020, 01:23:35 »

Anyone saying send Kovar back in January needs to remember he's hugely improved since sitting a game out with cracking saves and finally started to step up to be the goalkeeper we need. Not mentioning, if I'm not mistaken (which is very possible), isn't Fryers contract is up in January?

I can see Stevens going back and we bring Twine back from Newport. Stevens can run like sonic the hedgehog but can't cross for shit. I don't think bringing Twine back yet would be our best move and think he would benefit from playing the rest of the season at Newport but I can see the logic.

We need to keep everyone else, get Matty Palmer back from Bolton too. Sign a left wing-back and target man for Tyler and Brett to bounce off of and let's climb the table.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #40182 on: Saturday, December 26, 2020, 08:34:12 »

In September, I assumed that the game plan would be to get through to Jan with costs minimal and then Power will look to bring in enough to keep us up.

As time goes on, whether we will go for that approach becomes more uncertain. Can see us losing one or two, leaving Twine and Palmer where they are, and not bringing anyone in.

Swapping Stevens for another loanee makes sense. I’m not sure we’re going to get a better keeper than Kovar, who is improving, on our budget.

We need another central midfielder so badly. If Matt Smith goes back - god help us - we need two.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #40183 on: Saturday, December 26, 2020, 09:52:46 »

Probably just Stevens, not getting enough game time. Injuries and lack keeping the ball up the other end of the pitch hasn't exactly help these youngsters tbh.
Johnny Smith will come good if the niggles clear up for him. He does have that buzz about him going forward, which I enjoy watching, someone going to feel it soon.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #40184 on: Saturday, December 26, 2020, 10:37:36 »

I have watched all our games. He  has improved in recent weeks.  He has started to make saves. However, they are ones I would expect any league 1 keeper to make. Still has far too many costly mistakes per game for me. 

Isn’t the whole point of loaning a young goalkeeper to give him first team games so that he gets experience and improves? Yes he was poor at the start but he’s improving game by game. Sending him back now and getting another keeper seems pretty counter intuitive in my eyes.

I know he splits the crowd but I hope Twine comes back into the fold. I really think he could be a bit of a player given the chance. He’s 21 now so really time for him to step up and show how good he can be.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 2676 2677 2678 [2679] 2680 2681 2682 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: