Pages: 1 ... 2658 2659 2660 [2661] 2662 2663 2664 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8965417 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #39900 on: Sunday, October 11, 2020, 12:14:58 »

The way people go on about Broadbent an outsider could be mistaken for thinking he’s a young player with potential when in reality he’s 28 year old with barely any league experience who has injury problems on a par with if not worst than Fryers and Baudry. Add in the fact he seems to suffer on the mental side of the game to the extent he seems to lose the ability to play football then Broadbent is clearly not the solution to anything. He can’t have been that good in league 1 otherwise Rovers wouldn’t have let us have him...

Just saying that he may have been a good back up considering we don't have much strength in deph

So, give no fucks
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #39901 on: Monday, October 12, 2020, 11:28:59 »

So going on Wellens latest comments, I really do hope he's wrong and he is allowed to get another 2 in, we need that midfield play maker / link man to link up play and I'd suggest we maybe need another striker if Wellens does not see Tyler Smith pushing Pitman for a place
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #39902 on: Monday, October 12, 2020, 11:44:28 »

So going on Wellens latest comments, I really do hope he's wrong and he is allowed to get another 2 in, we need that midfield play maker / link man to link up play and I'd suggest we maybe need another striker if Wellens does not see Tyler Smith pushing Pitman for a place

Not read what Wellens has said, but based on the above, what is the point of having Tyler Smith here if he is not pushing for a place, likewise I cannot see Sheff Utd being particularly happy if Wellens just see him as a bench warmer?

Wellens sometimes drifts into Cooper territory.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #39903 on: Monday, October 12, 2020, 11:55:10 »

Says no incomings before deadline day unless some go. Broadbent would be one of those but no club would sign an injured player. Oldham and Wigan have cooled their interest in Palmer.

I can see us bumbling along until January and take stock then - like most other clubs, tbh.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39904 on: Monday, October 12, 2020, 12:17:31 »

I can see us bumbling along until January and take stock then - like most other clubs, tbh.

I get the circumstances probably dictate otherwise, but no Doughty replacement and only 2 strikers is still a bit of a dissapintment. Well, in normal circumstances it would be.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #39905 on: Monday, October 12, 2020, 12:20:47 »

Well, in normal circumstances it would be.
This is a point so many fans seem to be totally ignoring.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #39906 on: Monday, October 12, 2020, 12:29:51 »

Not read what Wellens has said, but based on the above, what is the point of having Tyler Smith here if he is not pushing for a place, likewise I cannot see Sheff Utd being particularly happy if Wellens just see him as a bench warmer?

Wellens sometimes drifts into Cooper territory.

RW hasn't said he doesn't see Tyler pushing for a starting spot? He said he looked super sharp midweek and that Pitman was crap on Saturday.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 12, 2020, 13:04:54 by Panda Paws » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #39907 on: Monday, October 12, 2020, 13:02:57 »

RW hasn't said he doesn't see Tyler pushing for a starting spot? He said he looked super sharp midweek and that Pitman was crap in Saturday.

Well there you go, as I noted my post was based upon what had been said above.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #39908 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 11:58:50 »

Pitman out for a month.

Doesnt look like anyone will be in, not talking to anyone.

Sick of talking about transfers

Caddis might be back for saturday

Possibly one out and thats it.

Wellens snippets from presser, he’s pissed off
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #39909 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 12:01:48 »

Wellens on Gotts 🗣: "I don't know if it's possible. We aren't speaking to any players and probably wouldn't be bringing anyone in before Saturday. We need players but we're short in midfield." #stfc #efl
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39910 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 12:08:31 »

oh. Not inspiring then
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #39911 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 12:12:16 »

oh. Not inspiring then
The thing is with Wellens, even when everything is going well he still finds things to moan about, he is constantly complaining so its difficult to tell when he genuinely is pissed off or thats just his nature.

I tend to err on the side of him being constantly miserable now. If thats how he is then so be it, thats his way.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #39912 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 12:43:34 »

Pitman out for a month.

Doesnt look like anyone will be in, not talking to anyone.

Sick of talking about transfers

Caddis might be back for saturday

Possibly one out and thats it.

Wellens snippets from presser, he’s pissed off
To be honest if he’s pissed off he needs to suck it up a bit and look at what’s currently going on in the country.  The way things seem to be going with lockdowns and what not then things are a bit fucked and a lot of clubs are going to be in financial trouble so I’d rather we don’t stretch finances to uncomfortable levels. He’s brought in these players, effectively has a 25 man squad so should just get on with it! With all the nonsense being spouted about demanding crap like circuit breakers he’ll probably have a few weeks off soon anyway to get players fit.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #39913 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 12:48:00 »

Agreed - I've given him very positive support in his time with us thus far, but he has to get his head around the context of the current time.  Yes, there are a few clubs in this division that can probably play Russian Roulette longer than we can and we'll be at a disadvantage, but buying players is likely the last thing on the minds of those looking at bank balances right now.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #39914 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 12:51:33 »

I think Wellens is one of the best managers we've had in some time, but he also has a very specific style of management which seems to not even consider using the youth team under any circumstances unless they become first team standard. I think that's going to be a really tough policy to keep up over the next few months; there has to be a bit of compromise involved in the financial situation the whole league is in, and we're going to have to make a few fringe players do jobs for the team even if they're not really league footballers.

The thing is with Wellens, even when everything is going well he still finds things to moan about, he is constantly complaining so its difficult to tell when he genuinely is pissed off or thats just his nature.

I tend to err on the side of him being constantly miserable now. If thats how he is then so be it, thats his way.

Maybe I'm arriving very late at this, but a miserable Manc who likes a moan... who has filled his team with Smiths...

I'd be very concerned if I was DJ at this stage.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 12:53:12 by Nemo » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 2658 2659 2660 [2661] 2662 2663 2664 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: