Pages: 1 ... 2652 2653 2654 [2655] 2656 2657 2658 ... 3963   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8866714 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #39810 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 08:39:07 »

And has the 'rona
Flashheart

« Reply #39811 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 08:44:51 »

Total Sport Swindon
@TotalSportSwin
·
2m
Wellens on Blackpool game 🗣: "It was an ok performance and we should've probably stayed in the game and nick a point. We probably lacked a bit of discipline in the closing minutes but we did have chances ourselves." #stfc

Bit surprised at that, I thought we were a tad crap in the 2nd half.
HorlocksLegs

Ignore
« Reply #39812 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 08:53:02 »

Quick summary

Wellens on J Smith 🗣: "Jonny Smith hasn't trained with us all week. He will be going into Bristol to get assessed but he looks doubtful for Saturday."

Wellens on injuries 🗣: "Ellis Iandolo hasn't trained for a couple of weeks and won't be available for the weekend. Baudry has trained the last few days and should be fine. Donohue has woke up with a cough and temperature this morning so he is doubtful."

Wellens on Blackpool game 🗣: "It was an ok performance and we should've probably stayed in the game and nick a point. We probably lacked a bit of discipline in the closing minutes but we did have chances ourselves."

Wellens on players out 🗣: "Broadbent still injured so if someone does sign him they will have to take him knowing he isn't fit. We don't have much to update on McGilp, we have had a couple of offers from Oldham for Matty Palmer but he would rather go to Wigan."

Wellens on transfers 🗣: "We still need another player in because we have lost Doughty. We need someone with legs, energy, and someone who can get in the final third and score goals."

Wellens on Stevens 🗣: "He's pulled out of training today with a blister but when he trained yesterday he looked bright, lightning quick, and hopefully Friday he will train properly and be ready for Saturday."

Wellens on Blackpool game 🗣: "It was an ok performance and we should've probably stayed in the game and nick a point. We probably lacked a bit of discipline in the closing minutes but we did have chances ourselves."
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #39813 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 09:11:06 »

Ikechi Anya according to some Twitter nonsense.
Was linked early in the window after his release by Derby, ex Pox youth player had a decent career in Spain, played a few times for Scotland. He played when I saw the Scots play against Croatia live about 7 years ago.

Fairly quick tiny winger puts a decent ball in the box, not the sort of player we need as a priority though IMO as we already have Payne, Stevens, J Smith, Hope, DJ and Iandolo as wide attackers.

Apparently lives in a hotel and has no agent. Most unusual.

Unlikely I think that we would be after him, more likely a central midfielder to fill Doughtys void as a priority and another attacker and that will be about it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39814 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 09:14:26 »

Johnny smith is a bit of a blow assuming it isn't Wellens mind games
Peter Venkman

« Reply #39815 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 09:15:27 »

Johnny smith is a bit of a blow assuming it isn't Wellens mind games
We struggled after he went off on Saturday, he was tying up the marauding left back and we really lost our shape after he left the pitch.

I hope he is fit enough to play.

Panda Paws

« Reply #39816 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 09:24:05 »

Was linked early in the window after his release by Derby, ex Pox youth player had a decent career in Spain, played a few times for Scotland. He played when I saw the Scots play against Croatia live about 7 years ago.

Fairly quick tiny winger puts a decent ball in the box, not the sort of player we need as a priority though IMO as we already have Payne, Stevens, J Smith, Hope, DJ and Iandolo as wide attackers.

Apparently lives in a hotel and has no agent. Most unusual.

Unlikely I think that we would be after him, more likely a central midfielder to fill Doughtys void as a priority and another attacker and that will be about it.

Agreed with most of this but I can't resist... Iandolo is a FB. RW has only ever picked him as a FB.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #39817 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 09:27:17 »

Agreed with most of this but I can't resist... Iandolo is a FB. RW has only ever picked him as a FB.
Anya can also fill in at fullback so it evens out Smiley

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #39818 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 10:58:42 »

Just a bit of idle speculation based on a couple of things from that presser:

Re J Smith, I wondered if the severe shortness of breath might be ‘Rona linked. Can the effects of an asthma attack last a week? Has that ever happened to him before?

And if Donohue does have it, as posted above, hasn’t he been training with the club? If so, might we be on the verge of being locked down?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
china red

« Reply #39819 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 11:03:19 »

Yeah, I’ve had issues with asthma which have lasted a week before.  Interestingly, he seemed to take a single puff of his inhaler, you can take a hell of a lot more than that.  Plus steroids usually helps out pretty quickly if you take in tablet form
Peter Venkman

« Reply #39820 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 11:07:52 »

Yeah, I’ve had issues with asthma which have lasted a week before.  Interestingly, he seemed to take a single puff of his inhaler, you can take a hell of a lot more than that.  Plus steroids usually helps out pretty quickly if you take in tablet form
I have had a few that last a while but never normally more than 3 or 4 days for me, a few days worth of prednisolone and I am sorted.

It could be that the club(s) are just being extra cautious with so much 'Rona going around.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39821 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 11:13:28 »

And has the 'rona

Joking aside what if it is!

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39822 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 11:26:07 »

It's unlikely Orient are the only club that will experience an issue with this. Let's hope we're not one that is also impacted
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #39823 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 11:38:33 »

West Ham also affected, albeit fewer numbers.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39824 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 11:39:31 »

Wellens mentions Wordsworth and thingy but not pursuing as too similar to what we have

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08s8v3p
Pages: 1 ... 2652 2653 2654 [2655] 2656 2657 2658 ... 3963   Go Up
Print
Jump to: