Pages: 1 ... 2433 2434 2435 [2436] 2437 2438 2439 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8981608 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #36525 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 15:44:04 »

Reminds me of the ‘Leeds mafia’ when we got relegated under Wilson....
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36526 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 16:04:39 »

Thinking about all this, the more I’m convinced it’s less to do with pounds per week and more with length of contract
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #36527 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 16:23:14 »

We don't see eye to eye often but the view here is starkingly similar to my own. I genuinely agree but I do think we will keep Wellens.

Anderson. It's no shock. Over inflated ego (will now go on to have a great season) but we know that. As you say, the others...bad move fro Grant re: social media, even if it is just a wind up, he should know better. But if he is on his way then of course he wouldn't give a flying jimmity.

If Grant goes after assuring Wellens he was staying it shows massive disrespect and should be swiftly forgotten by the STFC fans....
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #36528 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 17:20:36 »

Can someone translate this?
Twat can't even speak proper English.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #36529 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 17:33:43 »

I know you don’t want a complete rebuild, but I maintain there isn’t a player I would mourn losing with Wellens and Jewell in charge of recruitment.  I could be wrong, but they earned a lot of trust with last season.

Back pool are putting together a good team for a League Two title push.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #36530 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 17:45:01 »

Tails hit the nail on the head a few pages back....contracts were offered a long time ago and coupled with some of our best players not hanging around, further departures were always possible.

Inevitably, many will use this as a stick to beat Power with but I expect Blackpool will be one of a handful of clubs throwing decent money around this summer and it is just a shame we are the ones to be distmantled as a result. Massively frustrating, but unavoidable.

The main focus has to be keeping Wellens at the club - he will not stick around if he feels we are going in to the season to make up the numbers.

Anderson has always been a cocky little gobshite so his performance this afternoon isn’t a shock...it’s a shame to see the other two involved though.

Mansfield tried the same last season and look what happened there!
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 19:41:18 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #36531 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 17:45:22 »

He wasn’t the same player after he returned from Bradford in January.

Exactly. Hence my comment. Hardly prolific before.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #36532 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 18:05:48 »

This is going to sound ridiculous in view of events today but we had two regulars in last years squad that I thought wouldn’t hack it a league above. First was isgrove, I missed the first few games of the season when he was “on fire” so I never understood the massive plaudits . Too lightweight with a temperamental streak.
The controversial one is grant. A brilliant player at league 2 level, but the last few games he seemed to let certain parts of the game pass him by. His strength was in falling over brilliantly and getting free kicks. He’s a great player for league 2 but I have my doubts about league 1. Plus he’s not getting any younger and the pace will be quicker. We will see.

I totally agree with rob t , Blackpool are building a great team for a league 2 promotion push
Panda Paws

« Reply #36533 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 18:11:46 »

I totally agree with rob t , Blackpool are building a great team for a league 2 promotion push

This.

AG was a monster for us last year but hasn't been a good L1 player for a while now....
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #36534 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 19:30:56 »

Grant has also had issues / fallings out with managers at some of his previous clubs - RW had him playing well last season, but off field issues had previously made him persona non grata at Shrewsbury - hence  why he was available on loan from there with us only paying part of his wages until the move in January.
Also he is 34 - a 2 year deal is a high risk for a league 1 club - he may find it tougher than L2 was las5 season.
If he goes we need to move on.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #36535 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 19:42:31 »

Grant has also had issues / fallings out with managers at some of his previous clubs - RW had him playing well last season, but off field issues had previously made him persona non grata at Shrewsbury - hence  why he was available on loan from there with us only paying part of his wages until the move in January.
Also he is 34 - a 2 year deal is a high risk for a league 1 club - he may find it tougher than L2 was las5 season.
If he goes we need to move on.

Probably why no other league one team wanted him

So, give no fucks
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #36536 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 19:45:39 »

League One is hardly a million miles away from League Two. Let’s stop pretending losing our player of the season, runner up and third placed player isn’t a huge kick in the teeth. It’s a huge blow if it happens by anybody’s standard. The only saving grace is that there will be a flood of players available this summer, but Power, Wellens and Jewell will have their work cut out to bring players here. I’m sure they will but it’s uncomfortable at the moment. They will need to be a hell of a lot better at persuading players to sign for us in the next 8-10 weeks than they have been for the past 4. They’re not losing players to the Championship, they’re losing them to Blackpool!
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 19:54:19 by Frigby Daser » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #36537 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 20:09:45 »

I agree, i could understand if the teams were a higher league etc. Momentum well and truly gone before the season starts
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #36538 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 20:11:52 »

This.

AG was a monster for us last year but hasn't been a good L1 player for a while now....
I mean.. Shrewsbury fans were saying he was one of their best players bar the off field issues.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #36539 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 20:21:04 »

I mean.. Shrewsbury fans were saying he was one of their best players bar the off field issues.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Got player of the seasons at Port Vale as well
Pages: 1 ... 2433 2434 2435 [2436] 2437 2438 2439 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: