Pages: 1 ... 2432 2433 2434 [2435] 2436 2437 2438 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8981647 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #36510 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 15:13:08 »

Still don’t know the reason why Doyle and Grant were only given 6 month contracts in January.

Because it was a financial gamble that Town couldn't risk beyond the summer.

Club wanted to secure L1. They did.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36511 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 15:15:47 »

Irrespective of what we think about them leaving it really is a strange recruitment strategy from Blackpool.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #36512 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 15:15:53 »

I’ve always assumed it was two fold.

If we didn’t get promoted they could leave.
...but...also we signed them on L2 wages on the promise that if we did get promoted we would then offer them L1 wages. I think the pandemic and loss of income must have rendered that last point worthless.

Hence why they all can’t get out quickly enough
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #36513 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 15:16:14 »

Still don’t know the reason why Doyle and Grant were only given 6 month contracts in January.

Was it to protect the club if we didn’t get promoted? Or was it a sweetener for them both to sign and leave them free to get a better deal next season - which has happened.

Honestly don’t know if any of them will make an impact in L1.

Exactly. Wellens thought they aren’t good enough for L1. I still think that Doyle’s first half of the season was a one off.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #36514 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 15:22:13 »

Can't imagine Blackpool will be any happier with Keshi about this than we are.

Loose cannon. Critchley will have his hands full. Tough gig for a newbie.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #36515 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 15:24:06 »

Can't imagine Blackpool will be any happier with Keshi about this than we are. Loose cannon.

Agreed. It's all fun and games but if Keshi doesn't perform well then opinions will change swiftly and Critchley will be judged on that.
Flashheart

« Reply #36516 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 15:26:28 »

I still think that Doyle’s first half of the season was a one off.

I don't, he did similarly for Wellens at Oldham. But I do think the way Wellens' sets up flatters strikers.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36517 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 15:28:43 »

He wasn’t the same player after he returned from Bradford in January.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #36518 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 15:29:37 »

If Keshi, Yates and (potentially) Grant has gone to Blackpool, I really don't think it is for any desire or unrequited love of Blackpool. If Grant does follow those two, we have to consider are they basically just going with common pack mentality and (yes they seemingly are being offered security with 3 year deals) heading there because they are all good mates?

Seems a tad pathetic on the surface but we are a species of habit. Doyle is going to be just down the road so I'm pretty certain those three (maybe four) will be spending time outside of football together. I know Grant, Doyle and Yates clearly have/had a good relationship, wasn't too sure of Keshi's but it seems fairly good amongst them.

On that basis, if Grant goes - I can see Woolery going too (not necessarily to Blackpool). It then will throw up the question of mental strength for Wellens. Will he be keeping tabs on any potential developments that way and will he be swayed? He doesn't seem the type to be so and seems more of his own man. That is how I see Grant too so maybe this is a bit of a wind up from Keshi.

As others have said, if Grant goes that will be a bit of a sucker punch but then....Huddlestone (edit: this is tongue in cheek before the "nuts" brigade storm in) or similar....would be an improvement on Grant. Rose may sign who we know was underused last season and if the FGP were to come, I see him as a Yates style investment. Who knows, Hope could slot into a roaming role and with the service given, may well be able to step up to the mark.

I think Wellens resolve will hold pretty strong and for whatever reason, I think we will be pleasantly surprised by the squad he assembles.

Final note. As Town fans we really should know by now that whenever we are on a seemingly upward constant, things nearly always crash and burn. It's the Swindon way Smiley  Peaks and troughs lads. Pigs in troughs. We'll be rate.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 15:34:12 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #36519 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 15:29:59 »

Doyle not being 'the same' upon his return is a myth.

He might not have been scoring as many but he was supplying and a constant nuisance.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #36520 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 15:31:49 »

Tails hit the nail on the head a few pages back....contracts were offered a long time ago and coupled with some of our best players not hanging around, further departures were always possible.

Inevitably, many will use this as a stick to beat Power with but I expect Blackpool will be one of a handful of clubs throwing decent money around this summer and it is just a shame we are the ones to be distmantled as a result. Massively frustrating, but unavoidable.

The main focus has to be keeping Wellens at the club - he will not stick around if he feels we are going in to the season to make up the numbers.

Anderson has always been a cocky little gobshite so his performance this afternoon isn’t a shock...it’s a shame to see the other two involved though.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #36521 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 15:33:47 »

Bloody hell Chang, good post  Smiley

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36522 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 15:34:26 »

Yeah. Wellens isn’t a consolidation kind of manager. If he feels he’s being underfunded, for whatever reason, he’ll be having thoughts.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #36523 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 15:38:14 »

Tails hit the nail on the head a few pages back....contracts were offered a long time ago and coupled with some of our best players not hanging around, further departures were always possible.

Inevitably, many will use this as a stick to beat Power with but I expect Blackpool will be one of a handful of clubs throwing decent money around this summer and it is just a shame we are the ones to be distmantled as a result. Massively frustrating, but unavoidable.

The main focus has to be keeping Wellens at the club - he will not stick around if he feels we are going in to the season to make up the numbers.

Anderson has always been a cocky little gobshite so his performance this afternoon isn’t a shock...it’s a shame to see the other two involved though.

We don't see eye to eye often but the view here is starkingly similar to my own. I genuinely agree but I do think we will keep Wellens.

Anderson. It's no shock. Over inflated ego (will now go on to have a great season) but we know that. As you say, the others...bad move fro Grant re: social media, even if it is just a wind up, he should know better. But if he is on his way then of course he wouldn't give a flying jimmity.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #36524 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 15:40:18 »

It didn't strike me that Grant was involved.

Jerry was letting Keshi have his fun.
Pages: 1 ... 2432 2433 2434 [2435] 2436 2437 2438 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: