Pages: 1 ... 2405 2406 2407 [2408] 2409 2410 2411 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8938771 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #36105 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 10:01:49 »

Nixon - Swindon are ‘matching’ the offer for Jerry Yates. Blackpool already in with their bid. Swindon have come back. And won’t give up easily.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36106 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 10:08:49 »

No I was basically agreeing with you that there is no need to spend money we can ill afford for a decent quality player when there are probably far more better quality players available for free.

Although I don't agree with Ben House, I thought he was a bit of a cart horse! Cheesy
Agree there. Didn’t see much quality or potential.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #36107 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 10:15:11 »

Agree there. Didn’t see much quality or potential.
I know we didn't see much and he contributed setting up a goal away at Macclesfield but that was the sum total of his Swindon contribution. Looked overweight and under speed when he did play.

Didn't seem to progress much last season on loan at Daggers either.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36108 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 10:15:43 »

Nixon - Swindon are ‘matching’ the offer for Jerry Yates. Blackpool already in with their bid. Swindon have come back. And won’t give up easily.
Did you notice the tweet by Grant? ‘Just sign Yatesy for me, will ya!’
tans

Ignore
« Reply #36109 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 10:16:46 »

Nah where was that?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36110 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 10:17:48 »

In the replies to Nixon’s tweet about Yates
tans

Ignore
« Reply #36111 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 10:19:16 »

Oh yeah, comments on an instagram post. He didnt write that, someone else did.

He posted ‘agent grant’ underneath it
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #36112 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 11:08:26 »

Oh yeah, comments on an instagram post. He didnt write that, someone else did.

He posted ‘agent grant’ underneath it

Possibly should be in the things that irritate me but when Nixon posts something, for example the Yates details and then someone random posts 'Any Oldham News', or 'is O'Nien leaving Sunderland' for example. I suppose its like somebody on here posting about Cheese in the Coronavirus thread for instance!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #36113 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 12:12:17 »

I suspect Wellens wont mess about if he does not believe that he has no chance of getting Yates, but if Yates tells Rotherham his desire is to sign for stfc and no other club it is in their interest to negotiate with stfc and come to an equally agreeable deal.

With Wellens & Warne being friends and I'm sure they can agree a deal....maybe £1 up front with clauses and a sell on clause, and the use of Powers negotiating skills
Flashheart

« Reply #36114 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 12:25:47 »

Am I missed something?

Some Blackpool fans seem to think they can pay twice as much as us in terms of salary. Our attendances are similar, so do they really have an owner that can pay that much extra? And what happens if/when the salary cap passes? Surley any advantage they'd have would be wiped out? That'd mean they'll surely have to try and sign him before the cap is imposed (assuming it ever happens).
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36115 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 12:29:17 »

Am I missed something?

Some Blackpool fans seem to think they can pay twice as much as us in terms of salary. Our attendances are similar, so do they really have an owner that can pay that much extra? And what happens if/when the salary cap passes? Surley any advantage they'd have would be wiped out? That'd mean they'll surely have to try and sign him before the cap is imposed (assuming it ever happens).
No they are going by what Nixon says, he said we cant afford a tranfer fee, so naturally we have no money, and they stole keshi from us so that proves they have money and we don't.

What Nixon says is gospel.

Oh wait, today he says we have matched Blackpools bid? so maybe he doesnt actually know shit about our finances.

Flashheart

« Reply #36116 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 12:34:15 »

Do they think we get attendances of 3,000 or something?

I'm genuinely baffled.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36117 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 12:47:25 »

It’s all hype. They’ve obviously signed Keshi who, whilst decent enough, isn’t some sort of footballing messiah and Wellens wanted him off the wage bill anyway - at least not on the contract he was on.

Their fans have bought in to some kind of ‘budget busting’ scenario by the club, thinking that they’re ‘going for it’ this season.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36118 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 12:55:49 »

As Aud says the local press are saying that they are buying youthful up and coming talent as its the new transfer policy by the club.

They put Keshi in that even though hes 25 and suggest that Yates is part of that model too, which he is.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/opinion-blackpools-approach-summer-signings-both-sensible-and-exciting-2911345

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpools-new-signing-looks-forward-learning-head-coach-neil-critchley-2913401

https://www.thenational.ae/sport/blackpool-are-a-small-town-club-with-big-time-ambition-1.468323

Their fans are taking it that they are now loaded and that everything they are told by their local rag is gospel. Also they seem to be basing so much about finances upon Alan Nixon, who has already contradicted himself about our finances today.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #36119 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 13:07:37 »

To save you trawling through the dull Blackpool forum here are the latest for posts on Yates.

Amount of people on this thread calling him average because he isn't signed yet etc, most of who'm have never seen him play.......stay calm ffs
Been said a few times, he's ours and the managers no.1 target.......just chill ffs

I just don't want him stringing us along while he waits for what he perceives as a bigger club coming in for him.

Swindon havent the funds to compete do we are the only ones in the hunt for him

How can he be training really well with Rotherham if he is in Marbella ?

Don’t want us held to ransom feel we will get our man in the next week

Rotherham seem to be getting their own back for the Tilt situation. Yates would be a great signing if it comes off but I wouldn't be letting Rotherham mess us about. I think it was wrong of them to be disclosing who had bid etc to the media, trying to create noise to bump up the price.

They are also stalling to try and drum up more interest and a higher price. Therein lies the dilemma, most L1 clubs don't have a pot to p1ss in.

Swindon have matched our bid, but as ours didn’t reach the valuation neither will have theirs. We’ll go back in with a higher bid and see if they can match that too.

According to Alan Nixon, Swindon have ‘matched’ our bid. Whether or not that’s instalments it’s not remains to be seen

If the kid wants to go to Swindon then he can. He's loved there and he knows he's gonna be number 1 with Doyle now at Bolton.

Also depends on what wages are on offer. If we make him our highest paid player, he’s be earning probably double what he’d get at Swindon. Makes a big difference.

I thought we might have secretly wrapped this up already, looks like I was wrong.

Think he may end up going back to Swindon at this rate. If so we move on.

Are Swindon just playing a game to appease their fans. Waiting and matching an already rejected offer but on worse terms seems an odd tactic. Being relatively local I know how much their fans rate him but also that they don't exactly have a mountain of cash to splash. With Wellens on a few clubs radar on top of that it is an intriguing transfer.

Why should we get into a Dutch auction for a guy who's had one reasonably good season? If he wants to come here, great. If he prefers Swindon, let him go. Critchley will have other options I'm sure - players who'd jump at the chance of playing here.

We've done some analysis on Yates. He's highly rated by Swindon fans. Was often played on the wide left and scored nearly everytime he was played in Doyle's position.

Also this...

https://upthemightypool.co.uk/2020/07/17/analysis-opinion-jerry-jerry-jerry/

Pages: 1 ... 2405 2406 2407 [2408] 2409 2410 2411 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: